Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2018, 02:18 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Gated communities help perpetuate the problems that exist.

If there were no gated communities to run and hide in than Skid Row would probably have been cleaned up and the homeless situation would not be allowed to get out of control.

Gated communities just perpetuate the SJW Garcetti/Liberty Hill mentality. People are shielded from the bad things in the world so they get all airy-fairy and Eloi-esque.
For the record, I never said I favored gated communities. It is sad that it has come to this but it is obvious we are becoming more and more like Brazil and thus it is an inevitability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 02:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah I've been in some of those gated communities and wondered how many voted Garcetti or Clinton .

Almost doesn't seem right they can vote on things that don't affect them really . They have their own parks etc in those communities so no worry about homeless exposing themselves to your kids or dealing with human poop or pee on the grass ..

Gated communities aren't super common in city of L.A it seems .

There are a bunch in Calabasas but it's an independent city .
There are a good number of small gated communities in L.A. Those don't bother me because they aren't as cut off from the rest of the world.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:16 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
There are a good number of small gated communities in L.A. Those don't bother me because they aren't as cut off from the rest of the world.
Gated communities are hard to build in LA. However, many estate homes are gated.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Gated communities are hard to build in LA. However, many estate homes are gated.
A lot of large apartment and condo complexes.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:22 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You are going to prove the validity of your claim by posting a link from RT (Russian Times) . That's priceless
That's just one source. It is a fact that crime has increased in Sweden due to immigration. I'm not going to argue about it with you because it is a fact, and not fake news such as the false claim that immigrants in the U.S. cause less crime than native born Americans which has been demonstrated to be false by Ann Coulter, and more recently, Tucker Carlson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDdkkTLCUUQ

Old 01-02-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
That's just one source. It is a fact that crime has increased in Sweden due to immigration. I'm not going to argue about it with you because it is a fact, and not fake news such as the false claim that immigrants in the U.S. cause less crime than native born Americans which has been demonstrated to be false by Ann Coulter, and more recently, Tucker Carlson.
Not a false claim. Unless you think the safest US big cities are Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Memphis, and Baltimore, which happen to be the US cities with the fewest immigrants and highest percentages of native born Americans.

And while crime in Sweden has increased it's still pretty low. Malmo levels of crime are similar to Pasadena and Costa Mesa levels of crime, and Stockholm levels of crime are similar to Newport Beach, Santa Rosa, and Scottsdale levels of crime

Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Not a false claim. Unless you think the safest US big cities are Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Memphis, and Baltimore, which happen to be the US cities with the fewest immigrants and highest percentages of native born Americans.

And while crime in Sweden has increased it's still pretty low. Malmo levels of crime are similar to Pasadena and Costa Mesa levels of crime, and Stockholm levels of crime are similar to Newport Beach, Santa Rosa, and Scottsdale levels of crime
That's a different socio-economic issue. However, crime has increased in Sweden due to immigration. That is a fact. And that is why in areas where women could once traipse about and feel safe, they now need to be concerned with being sexually assaulted by people who believe it is okay to sexually assault women because of their Non-Islamic attire.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
That's a different socio-economic issue. However, crime has increased in Sweden due to immigration. That is a fact. And that is why in areas where women could once traipse about and feel safe, they now need to be concerned with being sexually assaulted by people who believe it is okay to sexually assault women because of their Non-Islamic attire.
Sweden is so crazy with their taxes and open boarders and open wallets I'm embarrassed to say I'm Swedish. Luckily I have no living relatives there anymore but I do have friends and they're not happy.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Russia Times admittedly deals heavily in propaganda, it's true. However, so does our own media although perhaps not quite to the same levels. In any case, just because RT has a political agenda of showing how misguided it's formal historical rival Sweden is, that does not render its many stories on this topic, fake. In fact, if anything, RT has some street cred as it has been the only one to focus on Geert Wilders, the UKIP, Nigel Farage, AfD, and many other issues that our media barely touch or avoid altogether. Oh, and one more thing. Stop flattering yourself thinking I only get my news from Breitbart and Infowars. I speak several languages and get my news from many sources.
I"m not flattering myself, I'm trying to get you to understand that you got bad information, crime is not increasing in Sweden.

"In general terms, violence has decreased in Sweden in the last 20 years. At the same time, surveys repeatedly show that people in Sweden and in other Western countries have a perception that violence is actually increasing. Perceptions of increased violence have been linked to the number of immigrants in Sweden. Nonetheless, research shows that there is no evidence to indicate that immigration leads to increased crime. Despite the fact that the number of immigrants in Sweden has increased since the 1990s, exposure to violent crimes has declined."
Facts about migration and crime in Sweden - Government.se

Old 01-02-2018, 08:55 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Sweden is so crazy with their taxes and open boarders and open wallets I'm embarrassed to say I'm Swedish. Luckily I have no living relatives there anymore but I do have friends and they're not happy.
I have living relatives in Sweden and they laugh at the US talk of how dangerous Sweden has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles