Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:01 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthursChoice View Post
LOL! OH PLEASE TRYING TO BAIT ME...LOL!
Anyone on here can tell you why....it won't be politically correct, but hell as if you don't know. But I'll give you a lil bit to work with; Have you seen Van Nuys lately? How about Pomona, Los Angeles, Sherman Oaks, Canoga Park, Bell, Paramount City, how about San Fernando Valley period! Nah I see no reason to bring Malibu down at this point. Lets enjoy it a little bit longer. Don't worry at the birth rate of the illegals in Los Angeles it won't be long (I think they're saying by 2050 Los Angeles will be 70% hispanic) before it all comes crashing down. (Sigh) OK now, ya'll give me a ten minute head start get to my bomb shelt, I mean my basement before yaa'll come get me on this one.
Not going to come at you Arthur. You are just being honest in posting how you feel when you say that mexicans is "the last Damn thing Malibu needs". Its okay, not going to fault you Arthur with saying whats on your mind. While I may personally disagree with you on this, Im not going to argue with you about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM

276 posts, read 1,018,936 times
Nothing wrong with Malibu IF you can afford it!

Those that can afford it have "help" that does the shopping/cleaning (the "help" is usually Mexican), sorry but this is true.

There is PCH traffic/mud/rock slides, but there is no place like Malibu.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:02 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,271,810 times
Yes it`s a super rich ghetto by the sea and I love it.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
I love it myself. Worked at some of those dumps when I was a kid and decided that someday I would buy one of them. My favorite used to be Gulls Way. Fell in love with that place when they filmed a TV show there years ago in the early 1980's. The studio used to rent the guest home in the back. Just thought that it was cool that you could live in a home that had a name and people would know where you lived just by mentioning that. By the way, anyone remember where the Gullsway house is? Everytime I drive down the coast I look for it but have yet to see the gates anymore. Chances are some one bought it and didn't like the fact that everyone knew the home because of the name.

As much as I do love Malibu I prefer the Ocean view from the Ventura and Santa Barbara area. (Not to far from Montecito. Why is that so hard to spell?) I love the look of the Islands off the coast on a clear day.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:47 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Yes, the views during winter can be the most spectacular. When there is 50+ mile visibility people can see Santa Catalina clearly from Pasadena. But the perspective from Santa Barbara\ Ventura is probably the best. I once saw the Coronado Islands from San Diego.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I love it myself. Worked at some of those dumps when I was a kid and decided that someday I would buy one of them. My favorite used to be Gulls Way. Fell in love with that place when they filmed a TV show there years ago in the early 1980's. The studio used to rent the guest home in the back. Just thought that it was cool that you could live in a home that had a name and people would know where you lived just by mentioning that. By the way, anyone remember where the Gullsway house is? Everytime I drive down the coast I look for it but have yet to see the gates anymore. Chances are some one bought it and didn't like the fact that everyone knew the home because of the name.

As much as I do love Malibu I prefer the Ocean view from the Ventura and Santa Barbara area. (Not to far from Montecito. Why is that so hard to spell?) I love the look of the Islands off the coast on a clear day.
26800 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu 90265
For Sale $15M

Last edited by impala666; 01-09-2009 at 02:21 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 02:30 AM

147 posts, read 383,337 times
The people here in Southern California sure are dillusional.

Try the Central Coast.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raul View Post

Try the Central Coast.
I think you mean delusional but I may be exhibiting an untrue belief.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 AM

488 posts, read 1,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala666 View Post
Yes it`s a super rich ghetto by the sea and I love it.
May those with merits...

Old 01-09-2009, 04:37 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raul View Post

Try the Central Coast.
You're so bitter. When are you leaving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles