Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2019, 12:30 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,548,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
The greatest hopeful thinking that I could ever hope for: Most of the out-of-state migration to places like Idaho, Arizona and Texas are by conservatives and Republicans

If that's true, I'll be so happy and at peace.

The only thing I admit is that you ruined the state, and are in the process of ruining it further. Of course you'll disagree, but since your supermajority took hold, you can only 100% blame yourselves for everything you secretly complain about. But, as you say, it's all rosy, we are just dumb rednecks who don't have Masters in Napoleonic era French literature. Good luck, let's see how y'all do.

Self-realization is the first step to changing, so congrats on that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 12:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Many like Kttan are stuck in California because of dead-end jobs and not wanting to leave family or medical conditions. When I tell people we're leaving Cali I'm surprised by how many would like to do the same. They're reasoning is that the state has gone down hill in so many ways. I would bet you and others have had similar experiences.

I'm retired and have nothing keeping me here, no family. I do have friends. love my church, am very established, house is paid for, am old enough that even with our ridiculous taxes and constantly increasing taxes by the time I paid moving and getting re established it would possibly cost me more thans sticking it out. I don't have forever to go. Even though I hate the goverment here with a burning passion.
If they get rid of prop. 13 that will be the last straw though.
I'm not stuck in California, I'm here because I want to be. I completely respect people who make a different decision about where they live but I'm not quite sure why someone who actually likes living in California should be considered to be here for family or medical reasons, that's simply not true. And I have no idea why people who hate California continue to rant about it in a California forum. Why not just move, get it done with and go pollute the other state's forums with your misery because it will surely follow you.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:42 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,548,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not stuck in California, I'm here because I want to be. I completely respect people who make a different decision about where they live but I'm not quite sure why someone who actually likes living in California should be considered to be here for family or medical reasons, that's simply not true. And I have no idea why people who hate California continue to rant about it in a California forum. Why not just move, get it done with and go pollute the other state's forums with your misery because it will surely follow you.

+ 1

Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 PM

603 posts, read 443,528 times
Quote:
What is "six thousand thousand"? And I'm not directing this at you but but I think a good number of the people on CD who claim to pay 13.3% tax are just role playing...Multi-millionaires usually have better things to do than to spend hours a day on an anonymous internet forum telling other make believe millionaires how rich they are.

Obviously a typo ... I’ve never claimed to pay (or have EVER paid) state income tax. I don’t discuss my financial matters here or anywhere else publicly.
As to your other assumptions personally I’ve found participating in forums and social media to be of great personal and even sometimes business benefit to me I spend a lot of time on car forums and boating forums too... because I choose to and I hate Facebook etc . It’s precisely because you know nothing about business that you would doubt that business people would spend time in places like this. You seem to think we live in a bubble however you wouldn’t know the difference between me and one of my maintenance managers if you saw us in the streets.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:16 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
Obviously a typo ... I’ve never claimed to pay (or have EVER paid) state income tax. I don’t discuss my financial matters here or anywhere else publicly.
As to your other assumptions personally I’ve found participating in forums and social media to be of great personal and even sometimes business benefit to me I spend a lot of time on car forums and boating forums too... because I choose to and I hate Facebook etc . It’s precisely because you know nothing about business that you would doubt that business people would spend time in places like this. You seem to think we live in a bubble however you wouldn’t know the difference between me and one of my maintenance managers if you saw us in the streets.
Why would you infer that my comment was directed at you?

Old 03-11-2019, 01:37 PM

925 posts, read 1,066,651 times
Quote:
Exactly, I and all of my friends are not “stuck” in CA and love living here. In fact I try not to brag to my relatives who endure brutal winters and miserable summers in the Midwest. I love other areas of the country to visit but have decided there is no equivalent place to live for me.

Old 03-11-2019, 04:21 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Hey don't worry I'll be sitting here smiling when Arizona, and Idaho turn blue by 2030. I can guarantee they will be, the west will be solid blue and beautiful. Hell, even Texas might be blue by 2030 the suburbs of Dallas, and Houston are just the start. California could loose a few million as long as we flip these states.

Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Hey don't worry I'll be sitting here smiling when Arizona, and Idaho turn blue by 2030. I can guarantee they will be, the west will be solid blue and beautiful. Hell, even Texas might be blue by 2030 the suburbs of Dallas, and Houston are just the start. California could loose a few million as long as we flip these states.
I'll bet you thought that Hillary Clinton was going to win all of those states, didn't you? Along with Georgia and North Carolina too?

Old 03-11-2019, 05:09 PM

603 posts, read 443,528 times
Quote:
Why would you infer that my comment was directed at you?
Because you were quoting my post and replying ....

Old 03-11-2019, 05:18 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I'll bet you thought that Hillary Clinton was going to win all of those states, didn't you? Along with Georgia and North Carolina too?
Hey I'll give you a hint that would've been a completely stupid bet on your part. Of course that would perfectly fit you though. Hillary Clinton lost she's irrelevant to this thread Donald Trump is your president. Californians turning other Western States blue is totally relevant, and it's happening my friend I suggest you sit back and watch the transition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles