Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2021, 10:57 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,318,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Bring 'em on then but don't post a link to Townhall and claim that it's proof of anything other than that they are Trump puppets
Refute the timeline then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 11:02 AM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
Please point out scientific advise I have given? Please point out where I have claimed to be a scientific oracle? Ideologue, look in the mirror pale. Again, I’m not the one imposing draconian mandates like a “no nothing” government bureaucrat. Unlike you, I’m not going to be a zombie and just accept being mandated be zeros.
Pretty much every post you make is a tacit ‘scientific’ attack … “There is no basis for this …” “… there is no basis for that …” are saying that science has determined everything presented by science is folly. The advice in that is tacit and implicit: ‘do not follow any authoritative science.’ ‘But DO, by all means deny and refute and oppose anything mainstream.’ You can try to put lipstick on your advice by saying “by all means follow whatever makes you happy.” But your ridicule and challenge is by definition an effort to obviate everything put forth by those who you consider the ‘evil cabal’ of leftists!

Give it a rest. If you truly believe people should do what makes them comfortable and happy … then there is no need to constantly, day after day, post after post try to denigrate, obviate and vilify.

Are you bored crazy now that you no longer roam the streets with badge and power of law to settle conflicts?

Old 10-12-2021, 11:07 AM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Refute the timeline then? Should be easy, right? Again, what were the Democrats doing while this Chinese military bio-lab created virus funded by the United States was sweeping throughout the world? They were involved in an impeachment hoax. You’re an ideologue. You want to blame Trump for covid. Give me a break.
No sir. YOU are this forum’s biggest ideologue. Any readings of your posts reveal, just as you have done above, that you are fully immersed in conspiracies and political polarization.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:13 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Refute the timeline then.
sure thing as soon as you refute the timeline I posted AND the four articles regarding mandates

Old 10-12-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Refute the timeline then? Should be easy, right? Again, what were the Democrats doing while this Chinese military bio-lab created virus funded by the United States was sweeping throughout the world? They were involved in an impeachment hoax. You’re an ideologue. You want to blame Trump for covid. Give me a break.
There you go again, there is no proof that the virus was created in a lab but you are claiming it was. Is it possible that it was created in a lab? Yes, the consensus is that is a possibility. Is it possible it was created in a "military bio-lab"? Well the person who spread that piece of 'news' was none other than Mike Pompeo who is not really known for his integrity and honesty.

Old 10-12-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting that Florida or Texas isn’t in the news these days in regards to covid cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. It’s been quite quiet. Texas and Florida have no mandates, yet are among the lowest case rate in the nation. There is no evidence covid mandates has had any effect on cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottm...rence-n2597079
If Townhall is your only source you must be having a hard time finding support for your position

Old 10-12-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting that Florida or Texas isn’t in the news these days in regards to covid cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. It’s been quite quiet. Texas and Florida have no mandates, yet are among the lowest case rate in the nation. There is no evidence covid mandates has had any effect on cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottm...rence-n2597079
Oct 8 Data is for 7 days

Cases per 100k

California 65
Texas 186
Florida 120

Change from Previous week

California -39%
Texas -26%
Florida -32%

NAAT Positivity

California 2.7%
Texas 8.6%
Florida 6.4%

Deaths are broken out by region and county in that source but I found the state data here: https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...te-july-1.html

Oct. 12, 2021 Death for past 7 days per 100k population

California Deaths per 100,000: 0.26 Daily average deaths: 103
Texas Deaths per 100,000: 0.83 Daily average deaths: 241.4
Florida Deaths per 100,000: 0.7 Daily average deaths: 149.7

So if it's not mandates that caused the difference in those parameters, what is it?

Old 10-12-2021, 01:37 PM

108 posts, read 111,011 times
Some of you are assigning people to a "team" just because they recognize the obvious truth that mandates are wrong. Sorry to disappoint, but there are no MAGA hats in home. I have no faith in either the republicans or democrats, thus I'm registed to "other" in terms of political party. Instead, I look at the issues rather than choosing a team. It's a lot easier to assign someone to an extreme side of the spectrum rather than use nuanced thinking, but it's just not how things really are.

I try to be consistent in my beliefs, and I am pro-choice when it comes to abortion and also, pro-choice when it comes to vaccines or any medical procedure. The government should not be in a position to make decisions about abortion or a vaccine -- that should be up to the individual.

Old 10-12-2021, 01:39 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,318,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Pretty much every post you make is a tacit ‘scientific’ attack … “There is no basis for this …” “… there is no basis for that …” are saying that science has determined everything presented by science is folly. The advice in that is tacit and implicit: ‘do not follow any authoritative science.’ ‘But DO, by all means deny and refute and oppose anything mainstream.’ You can try to put lipstick on your advice by saying “by all means follow whatever makes you happy.” But your ridicule and challenge is by definition an effort to obviate everything put forth by those who you consider the ‘evil cabal’ of leftists!

Give it a rest. If you truly believe people should do what makes them comfortable and happy … then there is no need to constantly, day after day, post after post try to denigrate, obviate and vilify.

Are you bored crazy now that you no longer roam the streets with badge and power of law to settle conflicts?
My ridicule and challenge is on mandates by government officials and bureaucrats who are not experts or scientists. These mandates that are being implemented have not been scientifically proven or peer reviewed, yet we are to abide by them regardless. The science isn’t settled and I have yet to see any convincing evidence covid mandates has slowed the spread. That’s my complaint. So, if you want to take those precautions, by all means, do so. For me, I know what is best for me rather than some bureaucrat who knows nothing about me.

And how is mandating a vaccine going to protect those who are already vaccinated? Please, can that be explained? It’s pretzel logic.

Bored crazy? Speak for yourself. You’re the one wasting your time with me. If I was motivated by a badge and power I wouldn’t be retired would I.

Old 10-12-2021, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanWilliams33 View Post
Some of you are assigning people to a "team" just because they recognize the obvious truth that mandates are wrong. Sorry to disappoint, but there are no MAGA hats in home. I have no faith in either the republicans or democrats, thus I'm registed to "other" in terms of political party. Instead, I look at the issues rather than choosing a team. It's a lot easier to assign someone to an extreme side of the spectrum rather than use nuanced thinking, but it's just not how things really are.

I try to be consistent in my beliefs, and I am pro-choice when it comes to abortion and also, pro-choice when it comes to vaccines or any medical procedure. The government should not be in a position to make decisions about abortion or a vaccine -- that should be up to the individual.
Nuanced thinking would require one to consider the danger to yourself and others when you refuse to get vaccinated or wear a mask. And what does pro-choice extend to? Driving while drunk, driving 40 miles over the speed limit, or having bon fires in the front yard of your suburban home? And as far as making this issue political...take a look at how it became political, Trump refused to wear a mask, refused to have his staff wear a mask and even extended that to the public who attended his rallies. Red states got in line real quick by trying to ban every single restriction that could have slowed the spread of Covid. Maybe to you it's not political but this way of thinking has it's roots in the Republican party and Trump.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 10-12-2021 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles