Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2021, 02:37 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
You have no idea what my politics are - hint, not a Democrat - and I have no idea what defund-the-police activists think about vaccine mandates. You have angered most people here and are not a local. You should not be participating in this thread.
I’ll participate in any thread I choose. These are open public forums. You have zero authority. If I have angered any person in this thread, that is their burden to bear, not mine. I don’t care what your politics are. I just find it humorous the same people who push for police vaccine mandates are the same people who support defunding the police. If you’re not among them, I don’t care. Through your posts, it is apparent you hold onto an authoritarian ideology.

If you want more people to get vaccinated, should have convinced people the science of the vaccine rather than push for mandates. So rather than this being a conversation of science, it has now become a conversation of liberty and people feel virtuous holding onto and fighting for liberty. You mandators messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2021, 03:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Any one of us, can get sick and suffer long-term debilitation from this disease... or a panoply of other diseases. Nobody is so healthy or of such vigorous constitution as to have perfect safety. Nevertheless, we all die, do we not? And until quite recently in human history, the reality of death came sooner and more harshly for most of us.
Of course we all die, but if you were going to jump out of a plane wouldn't you wear a parachute? Most of us don't want to die, and we don't want those we love to die or to become seriously ill. That's why we invented vaccines, that's why most sane people choose to take them. My ex daughter-in-law said that in the hospital she hears this fatalistic nonsense about "oh well we are all going to die anyway" when people are told they have Covid, but when they are asked if they want to facetime with their family before they are hooked up to the ventilator because that's probably the end of the road, those 'tough guys' all start begging, crying and praying.

Old 10-13-2021, 03:47 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Of course we all die, but if you were going to jump out of a plane wouldn't you wear a parachute? Most of us don't want to die, and we don't want those we love to die or to become seriously ill. That's why we invented vaccines, that's why most sane people choose to take them. My ex daughter-in-law said that in the hospital she hears this fatalistic nonsense about "oh well we are all going to die anyway" when people are told they have Covid, but when they are asked if they want to facetime with their family before they are hooked up to the ventilator because that's probably the end of the road, those 'tough guys' all start begging, crying and praying.
If you can beg cry and pray you don’t need a ventilator and no health professional would ever say you better FaceTime your goodbyes before we hook you up……… good God!!!

Old 10-13-2021, 04:25 PM

113 posts, read 54,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’ll participate in any thread I choose. These are open public forums. You have zero authority. If I have angered any person in this thread, that is their burden to bear, not mine. I don’t care what your politics are. I just find it humorous the same people who push for police vaccine mandates are the same people who support defunding the police. If you’re not among them, I don’t care. Through your posts, it is apparent you hold onto an authoritarian ideology.
what exactly is defunding the police according to you?

Old 10-13-2021, 04:29 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
What you really should compare is the number of people who died from other infectious diseases before the introduction of vaccines.

According to this academic journal article....approximately 7-8 million children died of just the measles every year before the measles vaccine was introduced.
The measles first appeared in the U.S. in 1912. It took many years to rack up thousands upon thousands of deaths until the vaccine was approved decades later. COVID-19 first appeared in this country less than two years ago.

Old 10-13-2021, 04:53 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The measles first appeared in the U.S. in 1912. It took many years to rack up thousands upon thousands of deaths until the vaccine was approved decades later. COVID-19 first appeared in this country less than two years ago.
What is your point?

Old 10-13-2021, 04:56 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,316,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp86 View Post
what exactly is defunding the police according to you?
To me, it is just more leftist anti-police rhetoric, but I think the slogan is self defining. For the hardcore leftist, it could mean abolishing and dismantling of the police (great idea). For other progressive Marxists, it could be reallocating funds from the police budget toward social programs. I have heard having social workers and psychologists respond to emotionally disturbed person jobs rather than the police (another brilliant idea). Hey Tulemutte, there may be a job for you. Again, I find it funny the same people who want police to vaccinate so they can effectively do their jobs are the same people who want to defund the police so they can’t as effectively do their jobs. Pretzel logic. It truly requires a low IQ to be a leftist. They are overrun with stupid people. My goodness, you can’t make this up.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:34 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
"LAPD! Drop that weapon and put your hands up or we'll breathe on you!"

I kind of like it. And presumably it's a lot less painful than getting shot or tasered.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:45 PM

108 posts, read 110,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post

I'm not so sure. Mandates will succeed if enough people want for them to succeed. So far, the numbers are resoundingly in favor of mandates. Those of us in the opposition, are not arguing from a position of strength.
If you go to an unbiased platform like Youtube, you will find a 98% thumbs down ratio on almost every video about the vaccine mandates. Fauci has some sort of documentary coming out (for damage control) and it has 114,000 downvotes and 7,900 upvotes. I think it's pretty clear most people do not like the CDC or the mandates. Every person I know who has taken the vaccine has told me they do not support mandating it.

Old 10-13-2021, 05:49 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanWilliams33 View Post
If you go to an unbiased platform like Youtube, you will find a 98% thumbs down ratio on almost every video about the vaccine mandates.
LOL.

https://ysjournal.com/reflection-of-...on-algorithms/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles