Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM

13 posts, read 30,125 times

Advertisements

Hey. It's been a LONG time since I responded in this thread and I am in CA now. I moved here last year on May 26th. I signed up with Central Casting and started working at the theatre in Alhambra and ended up rooming with a girl named Becky there. I paid 350 for her couch basically and her internet connection. Bad deal. I stayed there until August and moved to Silverlake with a sculptor and a chocolatier. It got a little crowded when more people moved in and I moved out of my half of her room I was renting for 325 a month. She moved me to the living room with this horrible guy and it got really tense when I accused them of stealing my wallet. I eventually had the wallet returned to me with no money in it. I missed rent and had to pay with my tax refund as well as the 75 dollar late fee. So they kicked me out for not trusting them and I quickly got back on craigslist looking for a new room. I moved out on February 28th of this year after being fired from my job in December. I found a room on Melrose and Vine and moved in with this guy and girl. The girl was flaky on the rent and has recently been evicted. Yet, her stuff remains on her bed. I paid 175 for my half of the room from March to July. But now, with her gone, it's 350. In the summer, I found a new job at Office Depot on Vine and have worked there ever since. I had an issue getting work through Extras Management, my calling service, so I just switched to booked talent and am working on big Love tomorrow for the second time. Also, I just had two auditions in the last two days and have studied at Brian Reise Studios and went to do Improv at the IO West Theatre. I also auditioned for American Idol last season for the last time, as well as Last Comic Standing and America's Got Talent. So, for now, things are good. I plan on attending SMC in the Spring and am just waiting to hear from the Financial Aid Department. Thank you all for your insight and check me out crying in the background on Hawthorne. Episode's titled "The Match." That was a big one for me. Well, thanks again and have a great life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 07:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptChick27 View Post
Hey. It's been a LONG time since I responded in this thread and I am in CA now. I moved here last year on May 26th. I signed up with Central Casting and started working at the theatre in Alhambra and ended up rooming with a girl named Becky there. I paid 350 for her couch basically and her internet connection. Bad deal. I stayed there until August and moved to Silverlake with a sculptor and a chocolatier. It got a little crowded when more people moved in and I moved out of my half of her room I was renting for 325 a month. She moved me to the living room with this horrible guy and it got really tense when I accused them of stealing my wallet. I eventually had the wallet returned to me with no money in it. I missed rent and had to pay with my tax refund as well as the 75 dollar late fee. So they kicked me out for not trusting them and I quickly got back on craigslist looking for a new room. I moved out on February 28th of this year after being fired from my job in December. I found a room on Melrose and Vine and moved in with this guy and girl. The girl was flaky on the rent and has recently been evicted. Yet, her stuff remains on her bed. I paid 175 for my half of the room from March to July. But now, with her gone, it's 350. In the summer, I found a new job at Office Depot on Vine and have worked there ever since. I had an issue getting work through Extras Management, my calling service, so I just switched to booked talent and am working on big Love tomorrow for the second time. Also, I just had two auditions in the last two days and have studied at Brian Reise Studios and went to do Improv at the IO West Theatre. I also auditioned for American Idol last season for the last time, as well as Last Comic Standing and America's Got Talent. So, for now, things are good. I plan on attending SMC in the Spring and am just waiting to hear from the Financial Aid Department. Thank you all for your insight and check me out crying in the background on Hawthorne. Episode's titled "The Match." That was a big one for me. Well, thanks again and have a great life!
sounds like you have more stamina then most..I give you credit for sticking with your dream..good luck, most would have given up after about 3 months.

Nita

Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 PM

10 posts, read 25,959 times
Congrats to you for not giving up on your dreams, and continuing to move in the direction you want to go in. Much success to you in the future..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles