Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,241 times

Advertisements

I got my first job as high school teenager at In-N-Out. So I am biased. I love the place. Still I don't compare any "chain" burger joint like In-N-Out or Five Guys to neighborhood grease joints. My first preference is for a place like that first. There is burger joint around the corner from my grandmother's house that I'd take over any name brand place.

But if I am going the chain store route then In-N-Out does the job. I had Five Guys once and didn't like it. I am not a fan of "fat" burger patties. I like In-N-Out's burgers because they have a great balance and taste and texture. But its all about personal perference.

Lastly, the In-N-Out down the street from my house STAYS busy. There is always a line of cars wrapped around the building. It can't be too overrated.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 PM

890 posts, read 2,786,262 times
What I find distinct about In-n-Out is the style of the place / franchise.

Simple menu: burger, fries, soda / shake

That distinct place that's inviting to eat out specially when the California weather is great.

That box and paper place mat designed to eat in the car makes it really convenient to eat and drive--I can't do that with a McD bag where everything's jammed in.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:20 PM

583 posts, read 885,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
If there was a fast food joint that used freshly made mustard and freshly harvested sea salt...
...they'd need to be beaten senseless.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Actually, I was born in San Diego in 1946 and raised in Newport Beach, lived in Costa Mesa while working in Santa Ana and in Santa Monica while working in L.A. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last I knew, those were all in Southern California.

Obviously they weren't as wide-spread or as hyped back in the dark ages as they are now.

Oh yeah, and my father was stubborn and wouldn't go out and get me one the day I was born.
they migrated up to northern cal. quite a few years ago. we had one in milpitas before i left san jose, so pre-2001. i lived just down the street from an In 'n Out in Wildomar. I miss it! loved the real tommy's in l.a. but the chain restaurants didn't seem quite the same.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:48 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,863,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
Man, when I started this thread, I had no idea it would be going strong after 38 pages and three years. Funny thing is... now I kind of like In-N-Out.

Also, I know there's no comparing a fancy burger to a drive-thru burger, but I've become kind of an Umami addict. GREAT burger.
Umami's pretty good but I thought it was a little expensive, and very similar to other "gourmet" burgers in the area like Go Burger.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
they migrated up to northern cal. quite a few years ago. we had one in milpitas before i left san jose, so pre-2001. i lived just down the street from an In 'n Out in Wildomar. I miss it! loved the real tommy's in l.a. but the chain restaurants didn't seem quite the same.
Had them in Sacramento and Auburn before we left and we dropped a few dollars there. Now we're back to none. Oh, well!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM

6 posts, read 5,191 times
One thing I HATE about some people when they go to In N Out they have the NEED to post it on their facebook along with pictures. I just don't understand?!?

Here's a pefectly good example

Status #1
Jealous anybody haha yum at In-N-Out Burger - San Leandro.

Status #2 w/ picture
"Lunch was yummy lol "

Seriously?? Who Cares??

Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 PM

890 posts, read 2,786,262 times
lol time to unfriend those posting burgers

Now Tommy's Burger > In-N-Out. Can't beat chili cheese on burger and fries

Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,863,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
lol time to unfriend those posting burgers

Now Tommy's Burger > In-N-Out. Can't beat chili cheese on burger and fries
I'll have to try Tommy's Burger again - I thought it was terrible. Maybe I just went to a bad location.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:38 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,547,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
Man, when I started this thread, I had no idea it would be going strong after 38 pages and three years. Funny thing is... now I kind of like In-N-Out.

Also, I know there's no comparing a fancy burger to a drive-thru burger, but I've become kind of an Umami addict. GREAT burger.
They have one here in San Francisco and I've hit it a few times - the Cali Burger is pretty stinkin' good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles