Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 01:16 PM

19 posts, read 29,335 times

Advertisements

IN-n-OUT is most definitely not overrated. It may not be the best place in the world, but like McDonald's, you know what you're getting when you go there: A great American classic. I would take In-n-Out over any regular burger chain, any day. There fries ARE phenomenal and milkshakes wash it down well.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,974,610 times
I remember seeing a Steak-n-Shake somewhere in the IE. I think it was by Victoria Gardens. I know Chic-Fila is now coming to California. Both are from the east coast. Steak-n-Shake for the most part sucks. Well, from what I remember from about 15 years ago.

Fuddruckers is still awesome. Sadly, the one in Arcadia went out of business a few years ago. Became a crappy book store I believe. However, I did a search on them...there are 5 within 20 miles of LA. They are a nationwide. I went there all the time in Orlando. Surprised when I saw them here.

Wish they would put an arcade in there like the one I went to in Orlando!

Getting back to In-N-Out, I really think if you do not like them you are far too picky. I am a real picky eater myself. I don't like Jack in the Box or Carls Jr much. There burgers literally taste like red light especially Jack in the Box.

Another good place kinda like Fuddruckers is Legends. There is one in Rancho by Alta Loma High and in Glendora off Route 66.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I remember seeing a Steak-n-Shake somewhere in the IE. I think it was by Victoria Gardens. I know Chic-Fila is now coming to California. Both are from the east coast. Steak-n-Shake for the most part sucks. Well, from what I remember from about 15 years ago.
If there is a Steak-n-Shake in Victoria Gardens, it isn't in their restaurant directory or on the website. I like Lucille's and want to try Johnny Rockets some time.

What didn't you like about Steak-n-Shake? My friend raves about it, and looks forward to stopping there on trips back to Illinois.

We have a Chick-Fil-A in Redlands now. I tried it once and wasn't impressed.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:52 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,939,044 times
Anyone ever have a DQ Hamburger? I ve had their ice cream but, never tried the burgers anyone???

Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,022,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
Anyone ever have a DQ Hamburger? I ve had their ice cream but, never tried the burgers anyone???
Nope. I did have Fosters back when I was a kid - yes, Fosters Freeze used to sell burgers...they might still, but I don't recall seeing them on the menu up here. And they weren't half bad. In fact, they were some of the best at the time. The one up here in Carmel Mountain is as generic as they come....that old school Fosters down in Spring Valley off of Elkelton was just amazing. Gritty, visible grill...this Carmel Mountain one is sterile.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
If there is a Steak-n-Shake in Victoria Gardens, it isn't in their restaurant directory or on the website. I like Lucille's and want to try Johnny Rockets some time.

What didn't you like about Steak-n-Shake? My friend raves about it, and looks forward to stopping there on trips back to Illinois.

I can tell you what we didn't like about them: the meat was so thin it looked like someone had used it for target practice. You could see right through it. I will add we gave it 2 tries, both times the same experience...Both our daughters agree, as do their spouses, but our son loves them. It just shows how subjective food can be.

Nita

Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can tell you what we didn't like about them: the meat was so thin it looked like someone had used it for target practice.
That's so annoying, isn't it? I felt the same way about In-N-Out though. The meat was so thin, that with all the vegetables (which I loved!), you couldn't taste any meat at all. It was like a veggie burger. I thought to myself - next time I'm definitely getting 2 patties.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,974,610 times
Quote:

Its alot like Johnny Rockets. I'm not a fan of Johnny Rockets. Haven't been there for a few years but last time I did, I remember you do not get fries with a burger. They do the Islands menu BS. Burger + Fries totals like 12 bucks. No thanks...so many better places to go for that much.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,847,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
That's so annoying, isn't it? I felt the same way about In-N-Out though. The meat was so thin, that with all the vegetables (which I loved!), you couldn't taste any meat at all. It was like a veggie burger. I thought to myself - next time I'm definitely getting 2 patties.
Double double is the way to go. Agree that one patty from In-N-Out isn't enough.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
If there is a Steak-n-Shake in Victoria Gardens, it isn't in their restaurant directory or on the website.
No Steak-n-Shakes West of Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles