Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Yes. Love their fries but not their burgers.They never cook them how I like it( Well done). Even when I ask. There are always pink in the middle of the burger. Sonic has much better food.
boy, you can tell how subjective food is: Sonic better, I don't know what makes your sonic different than the rest, but how can you take a soggy bun, shredded lettuce, maybe a paper thin piece of tomato, chopped onions and say that is better than fresh, home made buns, real lettuce leaves, good sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, grilled or raw, as you like them? Beats the heck out of me!!!

Nita

Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The build your own topping bar is great but overall the quality of the Fuddruckers I think has gone down hill as the prices have gone uphill. We didn't eat at the one in ABQ, but have eaten at a couple in the Dallas area somewhat recently.

Nita
It's been about 3 years since ABQ, but I was really happy with them overall.

We used to go to the one in Concord when we were there for an amateur radio convention. That was about 10 years ago and, oddly (considering my quest for the ultimate burger) my first time in one. Never went to the one in San Bernardino or Riverside, even though they were within 10-15 miles of home.

Fontucky just threw out a tip - there's one in the Ontario Mills area, apparently.

And yes, if people are mostly taking about bang for the buck, they would be on the expensive side. As I said, I'm always on the lookout for a new burger joint, regardless of price.

Recently we were in Palm Springs for my wife's teachers' conference, and hit up Hamburger Mary's. Expensive, but great burgers!

Last edited by jmlowman; 03-23-2010 at 09:01 PM.. Reason: added info about Hamburger Mary's

Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Fuddrucker's: Close by, but 10 bucks for a burger meal?
Five Guys: 50 miles away
Steak-n-Shake: Never heard of them

In-N-Out: 2.9 miles away. Affordable. Delicious.

Wonder where I'm going?
Steak-n-Shake is mainly found in the midwest. There are none west of Texas and Kansas. A friend at the office swears by them when he goes back to Illinois. Maybe the person meant Steer & Stein?

Oh, and thanks for the tip - I found a Fuddruckers in the Ontario Mills area!

Last edited by jmlowman; 03-23-2010 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: added info.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM

1,016 posts, read 1,939,044 times
LA Sam made me so hungry yesterday that I had a IN and OUt and it was GREAT like tony the tiger would say

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,386,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
LA Sam made me so hungry yesterday that I had a IN and OUt and it was GREAT like tony the tiger would say
If I wasn't on a diet right now, I would buy one. In-N-Out is walking distance from my house!

That's what I missed about LA..access to In-N-Out. When I was up in the Bay Area, the nearest one was 15 minutes away in Oakland. Forget that!

There is really a noticeable taste difference. I used to work at McDonalds. Hated it so much. Can't even eat the food anymore.

In-N-Out on the other hand...

Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,939,044 times
Good luck on your diet...and some people i know have a day either once a week or a month were they can cheat...wink wink ...

Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
Good luck on your diet...and some people i know have a day either once a week or a month were they can cheat...wink wink ...
It's a pretty strict diet (ends on Friday, let's see what happens!). I was on the 'eat whatever you want how much you want' diet for the first 18 years of my life, and I ended up looking like an oompa loompa

I ate a 6x6 burger once from In-N-Out, and I felt like my veins were being injected with pork fat. Not the best feeling in the world.

2 years and 75 pounds less later, In-N-Out is pretty much the only fast-food I like. My friend who works there told me that the meat is usually cut from the neck, which is usually the leanest part of the cow. I don't know the validity of that, but nothing really beats a protein style cheeseburger and some fries during long drives around California.

I enjoy Carl's Jr. once in a while, but that's only because there's a distinct smell in the restaurant that I can't quite put my finger on but smells awfully tasty.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
I was on the 'eat whatever you want how much you want' diet for the first 18 years of my life, and I ended up looking like an oompa loompa
Like a midget with a bad green hairdo?

Old 03-24-2010, 01:05 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,847,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
I ate a 6x6 burger once from In-N-Out, and I felt like my veins were being injected with pork fat. Not the best feeling in the world.
6x6? That must have been a knife and fork job!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Like a midget with a bad green hairdo?
Yes! Haha, maybe that was a really bad analogy, but for some reason the name 'oompa loompa' kinda sounded like what a really fat person would be called. But, continuing along that line of thought, I was more like that girl who kept getting fatter and fatter until she had to be rolled out of the chocolate factory. Except I didn't turn purple. Just fat. Whatever color that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
6x6? That must have been a knife and fork job!
It probably should have been, but I was really hungry. I took one bite from the top, and took another from the bottom. I did this all while walking home. I started feeling chest pains after 10 minutes though. I didn't even finish the whole thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles