Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 PM

264 posts, read 398,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Maybe Portland, here in the Presque Isle/ Caribou area we will go weeks in the negative numbers actual temps for lows, and several days in a row where it is -10 or -15 for a daily high. Weeks at a time where it is -20 or lower if you figure wind chill.
'tis true....that's a whole different world up there. On the coast the temps were far more moderate...you guys are about the same climate as eastern Montana where I spent a year in the Air Force...hated that place. Maine was like a tropical country compared with Glasgow, Montana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 05:56 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,886,126 times
Oh the plains of Montana. Know what you are talking about! Been there did that, don't care to do it again. Those people get some truly nasty cold weather!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:01 PM

264 posts, read 398,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Don't forget the smell of those wool boot liners when they are wicked hot because you forgot to remove them from the grate as well. That is one I'll go to my grave remembering as well.
Are you old enough to remember the blizzard of 1952? I was nine. Here's a link to what that storm did to Bath.

The Blizzard of 1952 at Bath, Maine pictures from history photos on webshots

Old 12-01-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotpaul View Post
Are you old enough to remember the blizzard of 1952? I was nine. Here's a link to what that storm did to Bath.

The Blizzard of 1952 at Bath, Maine pictures from history photos on webshots
Nope, not old enough here. Shoot, wasn't even a gleam in Daddy eye then .

Thanks for the link. That looks like one nasty bit of weather. I like the photo of the gentleman standing in front of Hams in the path dug through neck deep snow.

I found this link with the lowest temps by state. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0113527.html I was surprised by Nevada, Utah, and New Mexico. All lower than the lowest in Maine.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,509 times
Paul,

Wonderful photos. I have a winter weather website and would like to know whether I could add 1-2 of your photos to document the storm. If so, please PM me to let me know whom I should credit.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:43 PM

35 posts, read 202,651 times
Default Wow

You actually think that Al Gore is wrong because your particular location may be cooler this year? You have got to be kidding. You are trying too hard to justify man's selfish tendencies. Many are unwilling to change any aspect of their life for the environment or their neighbors. They hang on to any publication that says that global warming doesn't exist so that they can have what they want when they want it.

"I have to have an SUV so my family is safe." What about your neighbors, fellow Americans, who are killed when your SUV hits them. What about the pedstrians who are more likely to die if hit by an SUV? I guess as long as your family is ok that is all that matters.

Keep telling yourself that global warming doesn't exist. I wouldn't put it on paper as your great grandchildren will be pointing their fingers at you.

Last edited by ShaneOsborne; 12-06-2007 at 02:51 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneOsborne View Post
You actually think that Al Gore is wrong because your particular location may be cooler this year? You have got to be kidding. Pray to Jesus and he'll fix it for ya.
Oh yeah Al Gore is going to fix anything. What a joke that guy is.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:03 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
I remember the blizzards of 44, 52, 61, 84 and the ice storms of 74 and 98. Anybody notice today's weather forecast? Hawaii has a blizzard warning for their mountain tops. Global warming? Humbug!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:05 PM

48,185 posts, read 22,030,335 times
Every scientific body in the world agrees that global warming is real and is associated with human actions. It is a very small group of ultra-conservatives with a political agenda who deny it. Al Gore is in very good company!

Last edited by elston; 12-06-2007 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: to be less argumentative

Old 12-06-2007, 04:18 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,094,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Every scientific body in the world agrees that global warming is real and is associated with human actions.
That's odd, I was just reading an article where a scientist observing the melting of ice caps on Mars is promoting the idea that increased output from the Sun may have more to do with "global warming".

Not all scientific bodies agree, and there is considerable difference of opinion as to how much, if any, human action is responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine