Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I drove through Maine and stayed a week at Bar Harbor in the 1990's. The entire state of Maine was straight out of a Stephen King novel. The weirdest, greediest, nastiest people I ever met anywhere. You couldn't pay me a million dollars a year to live in Maine. I've lived in LA, Seattle, S.F., Detroit and New York city and travelled through most of the US and a big chunk of Mexico and Canada. Maine was just a bad dream.

apparently, this leg humper hasn't heard we are recreational use state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 12:51 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,620,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
I drove through Maine and stayed a week at Bar Harbor in the 1990's. The entire state of Maine was straight out of a Stephen King novel. The weirdest, greediest, nastiest people I ever met anywhere. You couldn't pay me a million dollars a year to live in Maine. I've lived in LA, Seattle, S.F., Detroit and New York city and travelled through most of the US and a big chunk of Mexico and Canada. Maine was just a bad dream.
This is a violation post clearly stirring a pot or just trolling. You may need to find out why you act in this manner as obviously you're trying to stand out for attention on here. You seemingly out of the blue have used your 1st post on this thread here to be very deliberately inflammatory. A mod should delete or ban you if you continue w/ inciteful comments serving no real purpose other than to cause a commotion to serve some self-gratifying reason.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:42 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,949,114 times
Maine will be better off without the likes of bobspaz.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
You are just the kind of person I remember Maine being full of. Thanks for proving my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
apparently, this leg humper hasn't heard we are recreational use state

Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,962,827 times
No. The OP asked why property in Maine was so cheap. I was offering my opinion why. I'm not seeking attention. I was just venting about the lousiest vacation place I ever visited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
This is a violation post clearly stirring a pot or just trolling. You may need to find out why you act in this manner as obviously you're trying to stand out for attention on here. You seemingly out of the blue have used your 1st post on this thread here to be very deliberately inflammatory. A mod should delete or ban you if you continue w/ inciteful comments serving no real purpose other than to cause a commotion to serve some self-gratifying reason.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 AM

41 posts, read 74,119 times
Bobspez - thanks for replying. I'll assume you had a really crappy vacation. It happens.

I will say, one time I made a post about the derelict downtown area, in a forum for a town I grew up in, and lived in for 18 years. I got slaughtered for that post. Totally slaughtered - turns out the folks just didn't see eye to eye with me on the problem I wrote about. I had only recently visited after being away for decades; we were looking at the downtown area through entirely different eyes and expectations.

So, anyways, back to high Eastport inventories :-) One vote for a bad experience there - got it. Fortunately, my visits have turned out much more favorably.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:20 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,949,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hebell View Post

So, anyways, back to high Eastport inventories :-) One vote for a bad experience there - got it.
He was going on about Bar Harbor 20 years ago, most of the people he encountered most likely were not from Maine anyway. There are quite a few out of state cars in Eastport in the summer, a lot of those people have a connection to the town, grew up there and moved away for a job, have family there, etc. and some find the town by random chance.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
Troll much lol?
Can't rep you again, but kudos! Glad his kind won't be staying 'round.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,521,531 times
I feel that's it a combo of being remote, having to carry multiple jobs and small town life(as well as the aging population), Eastport isn't for everyone, it's unique appeal leads to high inventory, but also keeps the rifff raff out.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:49 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,546,475 times
Trolls would starve to death if we stopped feeding them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine