Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 07:00 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times

Advertisements

If pot is really going to become legal in Maine, there will be no need to have medical pot dispensaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 08:56 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
If pot is really going to become legal in Maine, there will be no need to have medical pot dispensaries.

maybe the mayor-farmer of Argyle with be adding weed to his list of "crops" ......or maybe he's been ahead of the curve...

he use to type the opening of "weeds" show a few years back

little houses on the hillside....

Old 12-17-2016, 11:27 AM

37,467 posts, read 61,396,384 times
I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana in all of it's forms.

However I am also a servicemember and subject to an additional set of Federal laws [UCMJ]. As such, so long as it remains illegal in US Federal law, I shall tend to keep my distance from the substance. I have no desire to lose my pension or benefits.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:39 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana in all of it's forms.

However I am also a servicemember and subject to an additional set of Federal laws [UCMJ]. As such, so long as it remains illegal in US Federal law, I shall tend to keep my distance from the substance. I have no desire to lose my pension or benefits.

I was going to say that that couldn't be true, but I looked it up and it's right there- UCMJ Article 2, Subsection (a)(4) Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay

I wonder where that leaves me?

I was sent a letter telling me that I had been retired (for medical reasons) and that all of my obligations had ceased. However, I have never received any retirement or disability pay...but I note the part that says entitled to pay as a qualifier, which would mean that I wouldn't necessarily need to have actually received any payments, merely being entitled to them would be enough.

I filed a claim after receiving my 'retirement' letter, in order to have a determination made as to whether I was eligible for retirement/disability pay...but the only response I received was a letter stating that my records "...are not available..."

Just this past Summer, I went to see the VA rep in Bangor. He sat there punching the computer keys for about 10 minutes, then he looked at me and told me (his words) "You don't exist." I showed him my DD-214, and the letter I received a year after the first 'retirement' letter that confirmed that all of my obligations had been terminated. Apparently, my DD-214 is somehow 'different'...the rep looked at it, and the letter, and said "I've never seen anything like this before."

The rep filled out a form and had me sign it so that he could send it somewhere...I'm not sure where. As yet, I haven't heard anything back. Curiouser and curiouser.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

More on topic...after a bit of research, for a retiree to be prosecuted under the UCMJ, it appears that he/she would have to be recalled to active duty, and that would take a formal request to the Secretary of one's particular branch, which would have to be granted.

It appears that this would be a relatively uncommon action.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I was going to say that that couldn't be true, but I looked it up and it's right there- UCMJ Article 2, Subsection (a)(4) Retired members of a regular component of the armed forces who are entitled to pay

Quote:
... after a bit of research, for a retiree to be prosecuted under the UCMJ, it appears that he/she would have to be recalled to active duty, and that would take a formal request to the Secretary of one's particular branch, which would have to be granted.

It appears that this would be a relatively uncommon action.
It is a paper-work drill.

Commit a 'felony' and any retiree may lose his/her retirement.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:52 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Well now that pot is legal how about Hemp, Instead of turning corn into ethanol (and effing up our gasoline), we should be growing hemp and making diesel oil.

RR

Old 12-24-2016, 08:40 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Where do you buy seeds to start the plants?!

Old 12-24-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Mallside tool store in Bangor [beside Blue Seal] has been evicted, so Blue Seal can expand into that retail space to market home-grow stuff including seed.

Attitude seedbank is a good source for mail-order seed:
https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/

There are some good seedbanks in Canada also.

If you wanted high THC those are generally good sources.

If you were going after any specific cannabinol strain you might do better to contact the Care-Giver alliance or even MOFGA has been certifying care-givers, and there is a group that is testing for specific cannabinol strains.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:08 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
My guess is that the Medical dispensaries will just become recreational pot stores, or go bankrupt.

RR

Old 12-25-2016, 09:42 AM

565 posts, read 935,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Check out www.Seedsherenow.com
and
www.Greatlakesgenetics.com

Both are reputable seed banks right here in the USA, so no waiting for them to get thru customs.
If everything goes as planned, we should have seeds available next summer in state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine