Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 04:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times

Advertisements

So can anyone give a plane english description of the new law.
is anyone and everyone going to be able to grow it? How many plants?
do you need a licence? special area?
I don't use pot, never liked it and can't use it because of my job (CDL-A Driver)
But I like to grow things and have friends that smoke pop and a big bag of weed would make a nice (and cheap) christmas, bday, april 20th, etc. present.

bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 05:34 PM

428 posts, read 554,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I don't use pot, never liked it and can't use it because of my job (CDL-A Driver)
But I like to grow things and have friends that smoke pop and a big bag of weed would make a nice (and cheap) christmas, bday, april 20th, etc. present.

bill
https://ballotpedia.org/Maine_Mariju...estion_1_(2016)

Old 11-21-2016, 05:59 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,896,542 times
Does this mean that panic stricken Gwyn4Maine can chill.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:48 PM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
A person will be able to; use, possess, or transport up to 2½ ounces of prepared marijuana;

A person will be able to; transfer or furnish to another person who is 21 years of age or older, without payment of any kind, up to 2½ ounces of marijuana and up to 6 immature marijuana plants or seedlings;

A person will be able to; possess, grow, cultivate, process or transport up to 6 flowering marijuana plants, 12 immature plants and an unlimited number of seedlings [up to 2 foot tall and 2 foot in diameter], and possess all the marijuana produced by these plants at the person’s residence;

A person will be able to; purchase up to 2½ ounces of retail marijuana from a retail marijuana store;

A person will be able to; purchase up to 12 seedlings or immature plants from a retail marijuana cultivation facility;

A person will be able to; cultivate up to 6 flowering plants at the person’s residence, or on property the person owns or has written permission to use for this purpose; and

A person will be able to; consume marijuana in a nonpublic place, including a private residence.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:37 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
A person will be able to; use, possess, or transport up to 2½ ounces of prepared marijuana;

A person will be able to; transfer or furnish to another person who is 21 years of age or older, without payment of any kind, up to 2½ ounces of marijuana and up to 6 immature marijuana plants or seedlings;

A person will be able to; possess, grow, cultivate, process or transport up to 6 flowering marijuana plants, 12 immature plants and an unlimited number of seedlings [up to 2 foot tall and 2 foot in diameter], and possess all the marijuana produced by these plants at the person’s residence;

A person will be able to; purchase up to 2½ ounces of retail marijuana from a retail marijuana store;

A person will be able to; purchase up to 12 seedlings or immature plants from a retail marijuana cultivation facility;

A person will be able to; cultivate up to 6 flowering plants at the person’s residence, or on property the person owns or has written permission to use for this purpose; and

A person will be able to; consume marijuana in a nonpublic place, including a private residence.
Thank you submariner.

bill

Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,689,543 times
"Does this mean that panic stricken Gwyn4Maine can chill."

It is still against federal law and people who think it's OK to possess can end up in in federal detention in Boston without bail until their trial.

The bong brothers got their bill on the ballot and subject to the recount verification it could actually pass. That means the state police will no longer arrest you if you smoke or eat it outside your house unless you exceed the maximum allowable possession amount.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:25 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,353,068 times
I think i read it's effective Jan. 7.

Is that "including" the time for the recount?

We're coming up for a visit in Dec. so it won't impact us - lol - but i was just curious.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:00 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Will a person using MJ be excluded from owning or buying a firearm?

The forms required to purchase a firearm in some states would preclude a person who uses CNS drugs.

Be on the look out for legislation or wording that would prevent ownership or possession. Perhaps look at the requirements that need to be met to get a federal stamp to own a suppressor or fully automatic weapon.

consider even of the state legalized its use, federal firearm forms would reflect federal law.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:24 PM

428 posts, read 554,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

The forms required to purchase a firearm in some states would preclude a person who uses CNS drugs.

Be on the look out for legislation or wording that would prevent ownership or possession. Perhaps look at the requirements that need to be met to get a federal stamp to own a suppressor or fully automatic weapon.

consider even of the state legalized its use, federal firearm forms would reflect federal law.
Marijuana users have been prohibited persons since the Brady Bill was enacted in 1994. See 18 USC 922. This is federal law and is unaffected by changes to state laws.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:27 PM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The Federal form that you are required to fill-out and sign in the USA specifically asks if you use marijuana. The ATF just re-worded form F-4473 to clarify that regardless of state laws about recreational or medical use of marijuana, it is still a federal crime.

To buy a firearm from a dealer anywhere in the USA you must fill-out a F-4473. If you swear that you do not use marijuana, and they find that you do, then you have committed a felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine