Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 08:30 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times

Advertisements

To ease everyone's minds about the potency and quality, I can go there and be a tester. I just have a few rules. No pesticides or other chemicals, no lab Dr Frankenstein type style labs, and has to be ALL NATURAL. Pretty much summons it all. Oh, and the edibles have to be infused with some of those blueberry pies I been hearing about from Maine. And other local foods that you guys keep secret from the tourists that are sure to be delish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 08:51 AM

428 posts, read 554,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
To ease everyone's minds about the potency and quality, I can go there and be a tester. I just have a few rules. No pesticides or other chemicals, no lab Dr Frankenstein type style labs, and has to be ALL NATURAL. Pretty much summons it all. Oh, and the edibles have to be infused with some of those blueberry pies I been hearing about from Maine. And other local foods that you guys keep secret from the tourists that are sure to be delish.
Fiddleheads with MJ Butter?

Old 12-04-2016, 09:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
How do you know there not just filling each bag from the same stash and telling you its different? there is no agency testing to prove a difference.
How would you know that the Maui wowee and the Mexically Kush did not come from the same barrel?

Kinda reminds me of a Simpson's episode were Homer tours the Duff Brewery, in one scene there is a big pipe that splits into three pipes each one filling bottle's Duff, Duff Light, Duff Dry. (remember the dry beer craze in the early 90's?)

bill
Submariner's post helps clarify how standards will be applied, but also consider that these marijuana vendors are capitalist endeavors subject to the free market and many cannabis consumers are savvy about the product. There is a community of cannabis connoisseurs who know the strains and their respective THC/CBD ratios which impact the sensory quality of the intoxicating effect, the therapeutic qualities vis-a-vis medical symptoms (in the care of marijuana used as medicine) right down to aesthetic qualities ranging from appearance, aromatics, and flavors. Many of the varieties names even clue one in to these properties such as the venerable 'Skunk' with its musky aroma, the group of 'Blueberries', and 'Sour Diesel' with it's high turpene (resin) content.

This phenomenon of connoisseurship and its descriptive vocabulary has been in development for decades since the advent of a concerted effort to develop strains through hybridization for specific qualities and effects, primarily in Amsterdam and the PNW/northern California over 30 years ago.

Thus a company that does not provide a product with a reliable consistency to their products effects and aesthetic experience would quickly garner a bad reputation and go out of business. Yes there will be uneducated consumers (or those who simply don't care( equivalent to your $4 wine or $12 whiskey drinker), but don't underestimate the informed demands of medical users and connoisseurs.

Old 12-04-2016, 12:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times
So when do they come out with French Vanilla, and pumpkin spice flavor? At Hannaford last week they had Pumpkin spice Ham. So its only a matter of time.

bill

Old 12-04-2016, 02:33 PM

37,469 posts, read 61,415,702 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/bu...-disguise.html

Quote:
... Large glass jars contain potent buds called Blue Cheese and Headband, with high-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content. Another jar holds an aromatic strain of Critical Mass that is rich in cannabidiol, which has therapeutic effects but has relatively little THC and will not make users feel stoned. The business owner, Erica Haywood, grew it all.
It is a very good article.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:30 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,131,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
To ease everyone's minds about the potency and quality, I can go there and be a tester.
Will you pay for your own munchies or do you expect us do that? Or maybe just a selection of different Raye's mustards would do for you, since they will undoubtedly send you into paroxysm's of sensory joy.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:37 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
Here is a question that I posed on another State forum and perhaps someone from Maine can explain: Currently, based on Federal Law, the Marijuana industry is confined to a strict cash basis, as no federally insured institution can accept known "illegal" gains.

Therefore, how can any State or local entity accept and/or process those same "illegally gotten" gains, referred to as "taxes". The average business guy is or would be strictly limited to any banking process, yet said entity can appear to accept and process without consequence....how does that work ?
Some credit unions allow the cannibis industry to have a bank account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
$450 would be outrageous. I remember when an ounce of the best was only $40. I would thing that increased availability would put the prices in a more reasonable range.
Wouldn't be surprised to see An inflated price. Dispensaries will lack tax write offs. Until it is legal federally, IRS won't allow them to write off many things a business commonly can.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:50 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Will you pay for your own munchies or do you expect us do that? Or maybe just a selection of different Raye's mustards would do for you, since they will undoubtedly send you into paroxysm's of sensory joy.
I'll pay for my own munchies. Contrary to popular beliefs, I don't rely on others doing for me. I do it myself. But I will not refuse assistance from others.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:41 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
I'm guessing that he doesn't know what sensory joy one can experience simply by opening a jar of Raye's mustard. It has no equal on this planet.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,131,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I'm guessing that he doesn't know what sensory joy one can experience simply by opening a jar of Raye's mustard. It has no equal on this planet.
I tried to Rep you, but no way. So here's an open rep for understanding Raye's Mustard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine