Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
...How did she feel and what concerned you to take her. Having some ideal clues will keep me on the look out too.

I've never heard about a prescription toothpaste. Me and the girls were born with Low enamel. I would love to learn more about that.

thanks Peachie I will send along your well wishes! She has had a sore throat for a couple of days, and was just really tired. Tuesday she told me that while she was at school she'd gotten chills "really bad mom, my teeth were chattering".... then she said her neck was stiff. Not a combination we like to hear right?? So, I took her in, but completely expected that she had *viral* meningitis, not bacterial. And Cressy thought that too after talking with her, but he ordered the blood work just to make sure that it wasn't bacterial. The blood panel took a while to come back because it's timed. He didn't originally run a mono screen at all! When the blood work came back it indicated something that corresponds to mono, so it was then he ordered that test. She doesn't have meningitis at all, but does have the mono. So, I've decided that I'm going to have to duct tape her down to get her to rest. She just goes and goes, and although the bloodwork says mono, she doesn't feel horrible at all. She's tired, but not sleepy, and is rather put out with all the fuss. The doctor told her the risks of physical activity, and why she needs to rest, but it went in one ear and out the other. And on top of that, she has strep throat.... which I've learned goes hand in hand with mono most of the time. You'd think that she'd be sound asleep in her room!! I just know though that if I can't get her to rest, force her to rest, it won't get better at all. Before we know it we'll be in competition cheering season, with practice 6 days a week, plus basketball games, and there's no way she'd keep from getting sick then! So, she's most upset about no ATVing, hunting, or Jeeping, but just doesn't really get how sick she could be if she doesn't rest. ;(

The prescription toothpaste I'm pretty sure is called Prevident.... it's the same name that's on that prescription flouride rinse they give you when you have braces. I haven't been able to catch Michael long enough to get it to fill it.... the thrill of having a license!! He took the van today, DH took a Jeep, and Amy took a Jeep. Katy and I walked out into the driveway at 11 only to realize that unless we wanted to bike out to the high school to get her assignments we weren't going anywhere! It was a strange feeling not having something there to drive....

oh, boots..... there, that's 269 I'm off to make an apple pie....

Last edited by mollysmiles; 10-09-2008 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: boots :)

Old 10-09-2008, 12:53 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,539,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
OMG MW!! geez.... I'm glad you're ok! Did they do their nibbling while you were laying there?
Not while I was down but I suspect they were out there last night. The collies were growling but I didn't want to get out of bed to let them out.

Quote:
Katy and I walked out into the driveway at 11 only to realize that unless we wanted to bike out to the high school to get her assignments we weren't going anywhere! It was a strange feeling not having something there to drive....
I hate not having a vehicle. Don't you feel stuck and a little bit helpless?

Old 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM

454 posts, read 886,091 times
Quote:
what a day.... hope yours was less busy!

Michael got his driver's license today woo hoo! just made my life ten times easier, but my checkbook hasn't met the insurance company yet, so we'll see if I feel that way tomorrow.....

Katy didn't feel well, took her to the ER thinking viral meningitis (it's going around) and wow, she doesn't have it, but does have mono.... in my mind that's worse....

BUT that does mean that while I'm home with tendonitis I'll have company....

Jake and Michael had dentist appointments today.... braces are not always the friend of enamel--Michael has beautiful straight teeth with 5 little cavities in between the teeth and 2 on molars!! He's now armed with prescription toothpaste though that will help strengthen the enamel...hope it works quickly!

Oh, and Amy is taking someone out geocaching for the first time! He's gonna love it

So, I'm finally home for good and Bewitched is on!! My long lost friend I have missed you!! So glad that you'll make it to the meet and greet

How was everyone else's day?
I've missed you, too!!
And so many others here as well, I don't know where to jump in first!

I hope you and Katy feel better...I know teens can be hard to tack down when they don't have time to be sick, but I think you'd be perfectly within your rights as a parent to tie her up and lean her in the corner until she is better.
And don't forget to take it easy yourself, Missy miss!!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:37 PM

oh, I just love seeing you on here!!

and I'm not bad, I just can't be on it for long stretches of time.... it's not the achilles tendon (thankfully!!) it's the one (or two?) that wraps around the sides of the heel and starts with an e... that's it for my technical information!

I just deleted this explanation about it stiffing up when I don't use it and being on it too long, and had to delete it. There is just no way that I could make it sound as if I'm talking about my heel.... and I have been really good on here lately!!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
That sounds like fun!

Let's see, my day. New prescription drug for an eye problem caused by a sinus problem - warnings say "extreme dizziness." No kidding. It didn't say "pass out in the field." (I'm fine.) Discovered a doe and fawn are eating pumpkins, broccoli and cornstalks. Stayed close to the house after that.
Nope, nothing wrong with a gal laying down to rest every now and then....but dang, girl!
Next time please don't go meandering through fields until you know how the meds will hit you!!

On a side note, and because I'm kinda tweaked, I have to wonder...

..if there were any deer watching you when you suddenly dropped in the field...did any of them think to themselves "FINALLY...one of us got even!!"

Old 10-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
oh, I just love seeing you on here!!

and I'm not bad, I just can't be on it for long stretches of time.... it's not the achilles tendon (thankfully!!) it's the one (or two?) that wraps around the sides of the heel and starts with an e... that's it for my technical information!

I just deleted this explanation about it stiffing up when I don't use it and being on it too long, and had to delete it. There is just no way that I could make it sound as if I'm talking about my heel.... and I have been really good on here lately!!
LMAO

I'll be good and keep quiet.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:49 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,539,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
..if there were any deer watching you when you suddenly dropped in the field...did any of them think to themselves "FINALLY...one of us got even!!"
I bet you're right! Ahhhh...that's funny!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
On a side note, and because I'm kinda tweaked, I have to wonder...

OH geezzzz.... LMAO!!! that is SO funny!!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,420,601 times
Quote:
LMAO

I'll be good and keep quiet.
Don't you dare!! We've missed your personality around here!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM

oh gosh yes! she's right Tess!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine