Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 02:20 PM

722 posts, read 1,512,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
So tankratt... where will you rest when you reach the "new land"?
Todays English translation...:
(* "So tankratt, where are you heading when you get to Maine?" Plans?)
Well we fly into Portland Sat. the 25th late, like 11 pm, so we will spend Sundayand part of Monday in the Portland area, My wife and daughter have never been back to Maine so I will take them to Len Libby for some ice cream and sweets, hit the Portland waterfront, grab a lobster roll, LL Bean is on the list, Maybe hit the USM Campus to nudge My daughter that way in a couple years, You know just a little fatherly advice. My oldest daughter was accepted last year, but wasn't ready to be that far from home.

Mid Monday we head north to the mid coast and have a place to stay in Lincolnville, we will hit lobster fest Thursday and/or Friday and other than that no hard plans, but will also look at a few of the towns on our lis to relocate to and hope to meet up with some of the great people I have met here on cd. I hope summer comes around soon.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:23 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,754,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
Well we fly into Portland Sat. the 25th late, like 11 pm, so we will spend Sundayand part of Monday in the Portland area, My wife and daughter have never been back to Maine so I will take them to Len Libby for some ice cream and sweets, hit the Portland waterfront, grab a lobster roll, LL Bean is on the list, Maybe hit the USM Campus to nudge My daughter that way in a couple years, You know just a little fatherly advice. My oldest daughter was accepted last year, but wasn't ready to be that far from home.

Mid Monday we head north to the mid coast and have a place to stay in Lincolnville, we will hit lobster fest Thursday and/or Friday and other than that no hard plans, but will also look at a few of the towns on our lis to relocate to and hope to meet up with some of the great people I have met here on cd. I hope summer comes around soon.
Sounds like a great itinerary! Big emphasis on food Have a blast!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:33 PM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosX5
Very cute puppies Forest! We can't get another dog until we move (sigh) but I do enjoy window shopping!!!!
Their mother is around 88 pounds, so they should not get too large.

I like the golden boy with the white blaze on his nose.

However the black and brown is very pretty too.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:09 PM

701 posts, read 1,083,513 times
Quote:

That does sound like you've planned a great trip! and it's coming up soon! ( I have to wait til the end of September) Have a really great time.......

What is Len Libby? Ice cream and sweets will be on my kids list for sure! (parents too!) I have Silly's and Tony's Donuts on my Portland list but there's always room for more. We are aiming to eat our way thru Maine while also enjoying the scenery.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:16 PM

701 posts, read 1,083,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Their mother is around 88 pounds, so they should not get too large.

I like the golden boy with the white blaze on his nose.

However the black and brown is very pretty too.
I really liked the white one. He/she (?) is adorable........but I'm not looking, nope.........not looking..........88 pounds you say? That's a nice sized dog, my boys would love a dog ...........must focus......not looking for a dog........

I hope your enjoying all the puppy love Forest

Old 07-06-2009, 07:00 PM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosX5
I really liked the white one. He/she (?) is adorable ........ but I'm not looking, nope ......... not looking .......... 88 pounds you say? That's a nice sized dog, my boys would love a dog ........... must focus ...... not looking for a dog ........

I hope your enjoying all the puppy love Forest
He is very playful.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,392 times
Quote:

Sounds just great!! Enjoy! If your coming "up" down east.. let us all know. We would enjoy meeting your family as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Sounds like a great itinerary! Big emphasis on food Have a blast!
Yesss the food is alovly itinerary.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:03 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,675,531 times
Never was a Michael Jackson fan though there are obviously millions who are. Hollywood says goodbye to a controversial yet undeniable talent.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Never was a Michael Jackson fan though there are obviously millions who are. Hollywood says goodbye to a controversial yet undeniable talent.
I wasn't either and honestly am very glad today was my "Bangor day" with lots to do the rest of the day -- and the next few in fact. I was thinking "enough, already" the day after they announced his demise. Don't need days/weeks/months of it.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 PM

722 posts, read 1,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Sounds just great!! Enjoy! If your coming "up" down east.. let us all know. We would enjoy meeting your family as well!
Thanks peachie, that is very nice of you, I don't know if we wil get Down East this trip, but I am going to try to get back in the fall with just my wife to do some leaf peeping the first week of October, and on that trip we will head Down East. And if we make it we would love to meet all we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine