Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM

45 posts, read 229,449 times

Advertisements

My sister got married at the Notchland Inn in Hart's Location NH and she loved it. This is for a smaller wedding so may not fit your needs but it is a beautiful spot.

Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 33,976 times
I just photographed a wedding with Mt Monadnock as a background. There was a 10" snowfall the day before and it was beautiful. But New England autumns seldom disappoint and this place really delivered. The Grand View Inn Jaffery, NH.

Another option is Northampton MA. I wouldn't call it the typical quaint NE town, but it has such character and variety. The Northamton Inn is known for it's beauty and service.

I'm doing another wedding in Waltham, just outside Boston. Here's a link to the couple's site. http://www.goreplace.org/rentals/functions.htm. I can't speak from experience about this place, but the couple says it's just wonderful.

Moderator cut: TOS VIOLATION

Old 05-12-2008, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 22,955 times
Can you tell me how I go about setting up to get married at City Hall I live in Boston and me and my fiance want to get married next month at City Hall with our daughter there with us, what steps do we take. Palease desparate to get started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trionetriathlon View Post
My beloved and I 'eloped' 11 years ago; we were married by a Justice of the Peace at Boston City Hall...the most romantic thing we could have done. It was just us and our son in room with the Justice... never forget it! I would suggest that, then staying at the Four Seasons which is right across from Boston Common. The accommodations are incredible (remember half price for you with the pound so strong!) as is the restaurant. You will feel right at home in Boston (we commute back and forth every 6 weeks from our home in London to our home in Boston). Definitely fly British Air; business class if yo can swing it as you can wait for your flight in the BA lounge where you can relax, have dinner, wine, etc. You can rent a car at Logan Airport (recommend Alamo) with a navigation system. After perhaps one-two nights in Boston (beware; shopping with the pound is very tempting!!!) you can venture down RT 2 all the way to Vermont with its beautiful foliage. That will take you about two hours. You will go through Concord (ouch.... Revolutionary War, but we are friends now, right?), etc, which is so beautiful. Anyway, hope this helps and enjoy! Let us know what you decide to do!

Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 22,955 times
Smile Getting Married

[quote=crystalgm;3738982]Can you tell me how I go about setting up to get married at City Hall, I live in Boston and me and my fiance want to get married next month at City Hall with our daughter there with us, what steps do we take. Please desparate to get started. And I am seeking information what is the first stap we take and how long is te process after we contact whomever it is we contact. Plaease any help!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:32 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Barre, Mass was always a place that I loved. They used to have a very nice Victorian Hotel filled to the brim with all manner of antiques and a cute little place to eat. I can't find a website for the hotel but if you look in the upper left hand corner of this page, there is a picture of it.
Unfortunately the Hotel Barre burned down several years ago.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 11,462 times
One of the nicest places I've been to is the Bwelfry Inn in Sandwich, Mass. It's a converted Catholic church which has an extra floor added for the Inn rooms. The food is excellent and it won't be too busy when you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I got engaged in October and we would like to elope to New England in 2009 ,as it is one of our favourite places on earth.

I would be really grateful for any suggestions for wonderful places to Wed, ideally a really pretty village or town which would look stunning in October, with a really good and very special restaurant for a wedding lunch/dinner and Inn to stay in.

I am starting to get ideas from Friends and on the Net but would appreciate as many suggestions as possible.
Thank you for your help.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,623 times
I grew up in Central MA, about an hour from Boston. Cathedral of the Pines (http://www.cathedralofthepines.org/weddings-at-cathedral-of-the-pines.html - broken link) in Rindge, NH is in the woods, and very popular for weddings.

A state park may be another option. They're cheap, readly available, and usually beautiful in the fall. The Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation might have some ideas. You could also do something at a national park.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:07 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
How bout getting married right at the cupola on Boston Common? Or in the Public Garden by the lagoon? If you're gonna go for it, go right to heart of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/3b78006f5a04fdb2d1ac08852c348dd65g.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 13,067 times
If you are looking for a vintage 1920's style mansion you're right The Harding Allen Estate is so very romantic and reasonably priced too! From the minute you walk in you are swept away the outdoor ceremony site the gardens the new fountain view ballroom just gorgeous a must see for anyone getting married located in Barre Ma It's worth the ride even if you're from Boston.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,357,977 times
On the Cape:

Belfry Inn Sandwich
Daniel Webster Inn Sandwich
(could be wed on property as both have beautiful gardens, at the Boardwalk or by the Grist Mill)
Inn at West Falmouth (I am sure the owners could arrange for a meal for you on property)
Chatham Wayside Inn

Chatham Bars and Wequasset as suggested are lovely as well. They are bigger properties than those mentioned above but both have areas where you and hubby can feel like you are in your own world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts