Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2021, 07:21 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
So, the pre-registration for vaccine started in MA about 10 days ago. I was among the first 200,000 people in the state that pre-registered, and my demographic group became eligible to get the vaccine today. Anyone has any idea about waiting time from pre-registration to notification to make the appointment? Has anyone here pre-registered (which became possible 10 days ago), and got the vaccine appointment so far? Any idea, from anyone, how long it might take between pre-registration and the actual vaccine appointment? Days, weeks, months? Also, any idea about the size of the backlog of people from the groups that have been eligible within the past 3 months, but have not succeeded in making the vaccine appointment yet?
My guess would be this week or next week for scheduling an appointment the following week.

At the pace they are at they should be basically done with at least one dose in about 7-8 weeks. That's everybody, not this current phase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 10:00 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I actually got word that I'm remote until the end of 2021 now.
That's a bit much I think but what type of industry is it?

I'm still trying to get a damn vending machine to be refilled. It's been refilled once since this started. I'm staring at bags of chips that expired in November!

Old 03-22-2021, 11:21 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

I'm still trying to get a damn vending machine to be refilled. It's been refilled once since this started. I'm staring at bags of chips that expired in November!

You have a vending machine in your house?

Old 03-23-2021, 05:45 AM

16,396 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post

Higher Ed. They are not having everyone back at once, they're staggering the return. There are depts expected to work remote beyond the end of 2021 as well. It will be interesting to see what happens. seems odd to have people back to the office after being remote for almost two years at that point. They did say they expect more flexible arrangements to come out of this for people who don't need to be on site.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:52 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You have a vending machine in your house?
I still go on into work. Granted most can be remote. We have had significant turnover year to date and many are on vacations since no one took anything last year.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:15 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Yes, companies can...I was referring to one single boss or supervisor requiring their employees to take it, when the company does not have the policy.
Got it. I read it as a company having certain departments requiring it and not others.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:20 AM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
My guess would be this week or next week for scheduling an appointment the following week.

At the pace they are at they should be basically done with at least one dose in about 7-8 weeks. That's everybody, not this current phase.

That was what I was hoping for, buth I don't know how large the backlog is of previously eligible/registered people who are still waiting to get vaccinated. They seem to be vaccinating about 60k daily in the state (I'm in Boston), so if I pre-registered among the first 200k people, I should at least get a chance to set the appointment within a week of becoming eligible... unless there is a million people in previous eligibility categories who are still waiting to get vaccinated. I'll post the update when I hear further from pre-registration folks.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
That was what I was hoping for, buth I don't know how large the backlog is of previously eligible/registered people who are still waiting to get vaccinated.
There are an unknown amount of cheaters out there who claimed they have 2 issues. That's what makes projecting how many are ahead difficult.

Realistically there is only like 1.5 million left that you can expect will take the vaccine.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:42 AM

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...-enough-people

A Walmart Exec was quoted that the US might even be in a glut of vaccine about a month from now.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:43 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,924 times
Yes. I feel like things will move quicker than expected from here. More 45+ I know than not have casually mentioned they have been vaccinated because of X or Y reason. It's been eye opening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts