Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:00 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,343,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Right off the bat, Ohio's Mike DeWine. But there have been plenty of other solid governors throughout the country, past and present. Mass. has a pretty poor track record though, at least in my lifetime.
Massachusetts consistently ranks toward the top of charts for healthcare, education and quality of life in general. The only real downsides are weather and that is quite expensive. Quite the achievement for a train wreck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 08:08 AM

23,580 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Massachusetts consistently ranks toward the top of charts for healthcare, education and quality of life in general. The only real downsides are weather and that is quite expensive. Quite the achievement for a train wreck.
I was talking about the quality, integrity and effectiveness of our government. Not stuff primarily derived to the wealth and legacy we inherited.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:35 AM

875 posts, read 664,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post

I'm honestly this close to just saying letting the people who really want to open open. The people who are the most childish about this whole lockdown (refusing to wear masks, storming state houses, etc) are many of the same at-risk morons the lockdowns were designed to protect. If they can't be bothered to protect themselves, they can sign some waivers so that they don't take up ventilators or morgues and let 'em go out and roll the dice.

Yup, there should be a question on the ER Triage 'Are you or have you ever been a COVIDiot" if yes, back of the line or come back later.

I joke ..... but not really.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:12 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Thank you for saying this. I've lived in Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, NY, CT, and now Mass. I usually vote Dem but love Baker. I wanna ask the malcontents here if they'd rather have Dan "Porcupine" Malloy?

Old 06-19-2020, 09:28 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,928,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
Yup, there should be a question on the ER Triage 'Are you or have you ever been a COVIDiot" if yes, back of the line or come back later.

I joke ..... but not really.
This is a legitimately terrible idea.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:59 AM

448 posts, read 282,616 times
My opinion is that Baker has done a good job with this. The numbers are decreasing, and although, IMO, he's opening things too quick (yeah its not time to open things up yet), he's not as bad as Florida (now THERE is a trainwreck).

As for the oxford gym, good. I hope he's fined. I hope he gets in serious trouble.

The rules were 'do not open' and he did. Face the consequences. All the other gyms followed the rules.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:04 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,727,652 times
Go for a run. Do some push-ups. Eat a salad.

If you're fat now, it probably has nothing to do with the closed gyms.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:50 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,928,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Go for a run. Do some push-ups. Eat a salad.

If you're fat now, it probably has nothing to do with the closed gyms.
Gym rats aren’t typically worried about cardio or being too small.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:08 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrandom View Post
Gym rats aren’t typically worried about cardio or being too small.
...and they always skip leg day.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:30 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Massachusetts under Charlie Baker has achieved the lowest COVID-19 transmission rate (0.71; if you want to see the latest, click on this link: https://rt.live/ )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts