Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 11:05 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunguy13 View Post
I doubt this is to make the roads safe, although that might be one consequence of it..Just so you know, not all visa holders can acquire a driving license and even if they do, it is tied to the duration of the visa on their passport.. If you have less than 6 months left on your work/education visa, good luck getting a driving license..
This is wrong on all fronts - not just for citizens but legal immigrants..This is a vote grab..
Please explain that logic?

And oh, 16 states already have such provisions...MA is hardly the first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 11:11 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
ha, we can't even get actual citizens to vote. There are so many people who didn't even know there was an election today. Do you really think these people are concerned with voting?

And even if they were-they're not- you're talking like they're coming here to rape and pillage. Your biggest fear is ...voting? That's kind of lame.
Homie, they sure as hell will vote if they're able to vote themselves all sorts of taxpayer-provided freebies.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Please explain that logic?

And oh, 16 states already have such provisions...MA is hardly the first.
In the name of Mao, if they can have a legal document they can vote! Clear enough for you?

Old 11-10-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
In the name of Mao, if they can have a legal document they can vote! Clear enough for you?
Aside from the RMV systems which will prevent them from automatically being registered, these folks will risk deportation for falsely claiming citizenship, just to be able to vote? Clear enough for you?

Old 11-10-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Aside from the RMV systems which will prevent them from automatically being registered, these folks will risk deportation for falsely claiming citizenship, just to be able to vote? Clear enough for you?
Amigo, for a millionth time, they won't be voting illegally, politburo will do everything they can to let them vote "legally" now that we have countless millions of illegals who can keep politburo in power forever. And for a millionth time since you're going to bring up the DACA foot-dragging, letting 600,000 DACA illegals vote will not offset the pis*ed off independents who will start voting Republican. Letting the asylum jefe, asylum herd vote which is already in the millions and will at this rate be over 10 million soon enough will more than offset any of the lost independent votes

Old 11-10-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Amigo, for a millionth time, they won't be voting illegally, politburo will do everything they can to let them vote "legally" now that we have countless millions of illegals who can keep politburo in power forever.
Just ONE shred of evidence for this? In MA, not Portland, not NYC, please.

And for the umpteenth time--they cannot vote legally, even if they get MA licenses.

Old 11-10-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Just ONE shred of evidence for this? In MA, not Portland, not NYC, please.

And for the umpteenth time--they cannot vote legally, even if they get MA licenses.
Are you not able to read or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

Old 11-10-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Are you not able to read or are you just being deliberately obtuse?
You're offering up utter BS speculation, based on zero evidence, that these guys are being given the right to vote, and I'm the one being obtuse?

Old 11-10-2022, 12:35 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Curious as to how letting anyone get a license is actually helpful though? Who does this help?

I guess people don't need a social security card or number to get a license anymore? It clearly helps the people who don't have that. It doesn't help residents of MA or anyone else though right? It just helps the people here illegally or maybe someone on the run from another state or country?

I went to vote yesterday and it surprises me they ask for no ID. I went into where I am registered and gave my name and address. They had my name and address on a list, checked me off and i went and voted. Many people could have walked in, said they were me, given my address and voted as well.

Strange times we live in for sure.

Old 11-10-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
You're offering up utter BS speculation, based on zero evidence, that these guys are being given the right to vote, and I'm the one being obtuse?
Is it not already happening in several places? You kept babbling about DACA but seems like you've dropped it because you know folks see right through your BS and reverted to the lil not happening in here excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts