Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 08:42 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,809,353 times

Advertisements

Right but that's out of a nation of 340 million...that's not even 1%

It's easy to say that immigrants aren't processes but it is a big process. There are a fair amount of checks it's not an open door.

I9's still exist. A long time ago I had a boss that earlier on used to run a McDonalds (manager). He hired a crew and he said the next day he needed id to process I9's. The next day only half showed up. If the argument is about giving benefits or services the fact of the matter is that turns them into subjects and pretty much is a back door to control them.

If you honestly think that government programs aren't some type of bribes well you haven't been paying attention the past 150 or so years. Look up what Bismark did and how it was copied.

As for migration problems some immigrants can't go back because they are already here, if they leave they can't come back so they stay. We used to have programs to allow for seasonal work. The other part is to be frank is we had an amnesty in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmgPp_nlok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 04:58 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
It's not an open door. It's a sieve with large holes. Each of your posts contains more and more words that have nothing to do with the actual topic of identifying illegal migrants before issuing a government endorsement of their identity.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:20 PM

24,471 posts, read 17,211,031 times
Well it looks like enough signatures and then thousands more were collected to get the question on the ballot. I'm sure the Democrat elected that rammed this through and then over ruled Bakers veto are not happy. They will probably blame the Ultra Maga's but at least now we have some type of voice in this important matter.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:34 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeuStone View Post
The problem is vetting. Last week a woman from Afghanistan killed 3 people in Lynn. The State had no idea about her background in Afghanistan because no one knows. Sadly, the Boston Globe and their daily effort to influence people never said she just got here from Afghanistan in their reporting. But the do say that most of them are vetted, whic is a lie because how do vet someone fro a country where they may live in caves?

Most countries don't have criminal records systems and ID's from these same countries are fake more than they are real. Many have several names and no one knows a thing about them.
Not sure what your point is. That incident was a murder + suicide. The three killed were the woman's relatives and also from Afghanistan. How could any background check have predicted she would do that?

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...ckaway-street/

Old 09-09-2022, 06:28 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not sure what your point is. That incident was a murder + suicide. The three killed were the woman's relatives and also from Afghanistan. How could any background check have predicted she would do that?

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/...ckaway-street/
Indeed. If we had such powers of detection, we'd be able to head off the dozens of murder-suicides that happen in MA every year. Red flag laws do help, but aren't perfect.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:46 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,090,361 times
Now that the YES side won...52% to 48%...how's everyone feeling?

Old 11-09-2022, 07:49 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Mostly wondering WHY people think this is a good idea.

Old 11-09-2022, 07:53 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,016,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think you've gotten some pretty good responses as to why this is a good idea in the thread that was started to discuss the ballot question. From my perspective, I can't fathom why this is a BAD idea. What's the negative???

Old 11-09-2022, 07:55 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It’s been explained. Most of the more highly educated towns voted most heavily in yes. Maybe you just can’t comprehend- but it’s been explained.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:11 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
I'm not going back to read this whole thread.

There's a lot I can't comprehend that has been happening but that's a whole other thread...or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts