Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2022, 01:49 PM

6,325 posts, read 5,201,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I'm calling them out because of their attitude. Not any specific national origin.
Sorry that your exposure to them is so limited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 01:54 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,284,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It doesn't seem to me that the receiving of these folks is the problem. The larger issue is how it was handled. These human beings were treated only marginally better than trash. How would you like it if someone dropped you off in the middle of the Brazil and expected you to be able to find your way?
They shouldn't have come illegally. I really don't understand the stupidity of people these days. Why would any legal citizen of the US just assume that these criminals that want to live off our dime, are free of contagious diseases and would take on our culture? People living near refugees have already stated that these people are bringing their way of life to our country, killing domestic animals for food, as one example. Does anyone care for their own families' welfare in this country?! Does anyone care about the drugs pouring over this border!

Do these people look poor and underfed? Where did they get the money to pay the cartels? I couldn't afford it right now.

The Biden administration started this game with using people's lives for their own political gain. They are using these people but God for bid they see them in their own community. And to the person that thinks that the bus hasn't stopped in Vermont, they are wrong. They are here and Vermont is changing. They can't speak English but they are being hired to clean retail supermarkets. The owners of the hotels where I live are getting big bucks from the federal gov't to house these people. Be careful what you wish for because this country is going to turn into one huge slum because of this administration, except Martha's Vineyard, where they just ship them to an air base for us to support. The hypocrisy is so in our faces, but the Liberals refuse to admit they are wrong. They want to stand rigid while our country is destroyed.

My only wish for the future is that the people that caused this to happen and have wasted so much of the hardworking taxpayers dollars are held to answer to the court of law and imprisoned. I don't care how old they are or how mentally ill. They know exactly what they are doing and it is cruel to all involved.

It is too late to save this country. I am sick of hearing the Republicans say "if it was the Repubs that did that". Both parties are profiting from the cartels or something would be done to stop this invasion. Who was it that said "It's all about the Benjamins."?

Old 09-18-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The problem? The fact that Governors of the border states have no interest whatsoever in helping to solve it.
It was solved when Trump was President!! Why was it stopped? The Governors are now doing exactly what the Biden administration is doing....busing them elsewhere but not to Republican states, to Liberal sanctuary areas of the country so they can practice what they preach. What is the problem? What is it that you don't understand about this? If it's good for the goose....... They shouldn't be shipped to areas of the nation to be begin with, they should be sent in reverse back where they came from to come here LEGALLY. Unfortunately, Liberals don't feel the word "legal" is something they have to live by.

I don't understand why you are blaming the Governors of these border states. They want the Biden administration to close the border and the Biden admin is lying and saying it is closed, but it isn't. You can not reason with people that are habitual liars.

Old 09-18-2022, 02:18 PM

16,838 posts, read 8,532,803 times
Default Anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
What’s the problem? Some of the finest real estate in the USA
NIMBY’s
If so many people don't want it happening in their yard then maybe it shouldn't be happening at all

Old 09-18-2022, 02:34 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,547,785 times
Quote:
The problem? The fact that Governors of the border states have no interest whatsoever in helping to solve it.
I didn’t vote these idiots in.

Old 09-18-2022, 02:38 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,547,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
If so many people don't want it happening in their yard then maybe it shouldn't be happening at all
Wouldn’t be happening with Orange Man.

Old 09-18-2022, 02:50 PM

976 posts, read 561,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Oh sure. I've heard people say that poorer people down south and in the Midwest enlist because they have no skills to do anything else. I'm not saying everyone in the military is great or filled with American pride. But many of them are. My dad served as an officer in vietnam. I have other family members who were officers as well.
Don’t put words in my mouth. I’m not saying anything about people from certain parts of US. Army with all difficulties allows to live more or less organized life and not to worry about many problems. It’s somewhat like working for corporations which provides many things which aren’t easily attainable with lower salaries. I’m of course talking about enlisted. It applies to people from all parts of US. Have you noticed I mentioned our son.
People looked at me as if I had 3 eyes when I reviled this news. Army here and in other places are very different creature. I’m actually very happy with a whole experience.

Old 09-18-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Uh...you must not know the current "breed" of immigrants too well. They work harder and make more sacrifices than native-born Americans. Calling out the current migrants because of their national / ethnic origin is de facto racist, whether you accept that or not.
So you are saying that each of us is not an individual that makes our own sacrifices? You are stating that Americans aren't hardworking people, even though it is our tax dollars being handed over to these illegals? Or are you opening trying to downplay the sacrifices that native born Americans have made to help these illegals. When my husband died, I could have easily gotten financial assistance from the gov't. As a proud American, I went back to work after 20 years of retirement. BUT I resent that I have over $100. a week taken out of my pay and have to pay another $100. in gas just to go to my part time job. To be disgusted to see the money that is wasted by the federal gov't to give cell phones, medical insurance, etc. to people that have chosen to illegally cross our border does not make me a "racist". Honestly, that word is so overused, it is a joke. The only "racists" are the politicians promising minorities the world for their votes, then leaving them in the dust to fend for themselves.

If the current breed of immigrants work harder and sacrifice more, then they would want to prove they want to be treated equally and not take hand outs from hard working native Americans. I shouldn't have to change my lifestyle drastically to help support criminals. If that makes me a "racist", I will proudly wear the title with dignity.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
How disingenuous to think that this problem started with the current admin 18 months ago! It *is* a federal responsibility, but Congress has to act on immigration reform. If this were truly recognized as a bipartisan issue as infrastructure was, maybe we'd have some hope.

The Governors who are shipping migrants elsewhere, are acting outside established process, and outside their authority, to score cheap political points with their base. They're not truly interested in a solution.
Bipartisan....you mean how the Dems behaved when Trump was President? After the riots that were instilled on this country by BLM/ANTIFA, with the full approval and support of the Democrats, this country will never find peace again. And I will repeat what VP Harris said "And they shouldn't." She fully supported the riots and murders and that alone, she should be held accountable for.

Biden can "MAGA" talk all he wants....but the truth be told, after what the intelligent people with their eyes wide open have witnessed, both parties will never be trusted again. That is why having someone that isn't a career politician in the WH was so important.

As it stands right now, if DeSantis runs for President, I will vote for him because he is the only one that has the balls to speak out against the corruption in this country and do something to expose the liberal elites hypocrisy.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Why do you think these are mutually exclusive? I'm an immigrant, and I have relatives who have served in the US armed forces. As officers! And my story is not isolated. We are as, if not more, damn loyal to this country than you native-born folks think you are.
Racism comes in many forms. Even racism of native americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts