Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 03:41 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,125,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
I'm not opening bank accounts for cash bonuses either. I've had the same account for years. Everyone likes to make assumptions on this board. Most people take the standard deduction since it was raised a couple years ago, so deducting mortgage interest isn't beneficial for many anymore.
I’m not saying you are. I’m saying that there’s lots of little ways of getting some dollars that people choose and choose not to pursue whether it’s opening bank accounts or taking a loan when they have the cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 04:10 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Not sure why anyone would care but here's one account. Anymore wrong assumptions?
That "screen shot" means absolutely nothing to me.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:16 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
That "screen shot" means absolutely nothing to me.
Okay then why even accuse me of not having 50k? LoL. I guess there's no winning with you. Here's another one of my accounts, good enough for ya?

There are people with far more than that, it's not that hard to believe. People are paying 300k over list for a 1.8mil home in Westwood with over 1mil down, and you can't believe someone has 50k in their bank account? LoL.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Real Estate Observations-ally.png  

Last edited by matrix5k; 05-08-2023 at 04:26 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I would.
I'd rather have more money in the bank with a mortgage than no mortgage and less money in the bank. That's just me.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
"If eligible for all possible discounts"

Curious as to what that entails. Do you have to be employed by the US Senate?
Nope, anyone can join. I was going to give you a discount code for free membership, but since you accused me of not having 50k and saying my screenshot means absolutely nothing then I don't really want to help you, sorry.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I agree with you, and generally that's the practice i've undertaken in the past with my 0.9% and 1.9% auto loans. If someone will give me $60K at 1.9%, who am I to be in a rush to hand over my money vs keeping it in my investments.

Granted things are a little different now with higher rates.
Seriously, why would anyone pay down a low interest loan like that? Unless you think the world will end within the next 5 years, odds are you can easily beat that by investing or getting some CDs in today's environment.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:52 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Seriously, why would anyone pay down a low interest loan like that? Unless you think the world will end within the next 5 years, odds are you can easily beat that by investing or getting some CDs in today's environment.
That’s our math. The Colorado place has a 2.5% mortgage. I sold the Vermont place a couple of months later and have that as cash. Why would I pay off a 2.5% mortgage? We’ve had 15% inflation since then.

Old 05-08-2023, 05:40 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:
Okay then why even accuse me of not having 50k? LoL. I guess there's no winning with you. Here's another one of my accounts, good enough for ya?

There are people with far more than that, it's not that hard to believe. People are paying 300k over list for a 1.8mil home in Westwood with over 1mil down, and you can't believe someone has 50k in their bank account? LoL.
You don't like when people look up and post about a mortgage amount that's in the public record but here you are laying out your financial business to the world wide web. Makes sense

Old 05-08-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
You don't like when people look up and post about a mortgage amount that's in the public record but here you are laying out your financial business to the world wide web. Makes sense
My bad. I should have just let him accuse me of being a liar then. There's a difference when someone chooses to post stuff vs snooping a stranger's financial info and posting it. Not the same at all.

Last edited by matrix5k; 05-08-2023 at 05:56 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 06:07 PM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:

I don't know you. But based on personal experience, people with that kind of readily available cash don't go around financing $50K vehicles with zero down. Or become instantly defensive whenever the solvency of random home buyers are brought into the discussion.

Quote:
Nope, anyone can join. I was going to give you a discount code for free membership, but since you accused me of not having 50k and saying my screenshot means absolutely nothing then I don't really want to help you, sorry.

I'm talking about the "after all available discounts are applied" fine print in those rate quotes. Are those available to every member and borrower? Or are there gimmicks involved there?

If you really want to prove to me your account balances, a random screenshot that easily could have been ripped off of somebody's Instagram aren't going to cut it in my world. The only thing that will suffice is a PDF of your statement, something I do NOT suggest you do here. But at least I found somebody's weak spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts