Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2023, 09:16 AM

432 posts, read 414,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
https://www.redfin.com/MA/Groton/14-...0/home/8531467

Another in the Lost Lake neighborhood - a cute tiny house, but this one has been for sale forever.
Septic troubles on small wet lots, and public water hookup needed.
Bing has a street view and the neighbors look nice.
Lost Lake is hit or miss if the shacks have been fixed up yet or not, much like Nabnasset in Westford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2023, 09:26 AM

181 posts, read 124,568 times
Groton - you can't can't there from here

Old 05-30-2023, 10:46 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
IMO, that is pretty high for that condo. But I moved out of Nashua four years ago, so I may not be completely appreciating what has happened in the market since then. That area is very high traffic that would be pretty frustrating to deal with on a daily basis. On the other hand, you would have tons of shopping practically on your door step.

Electric heat in NH though? Just, no. I made that mistake when I first moved there and it was a huge problem. Unbelievably expensive and my home was never warm enough. I don't know what I was thinking. In my defense, I was coming from apartment living in NYC where I never really had to consider heat as it was always part of the rent, which is common there. Anyway, it was a huge mistake in my case and I got out of that first place as quickly as I could, taking a loss.
That's probably the reason for the pellet stove although lugging 40 lbs. bags from the basement to the second floor doesn't sound like fun.

Old 05-30-2023, 02:19 PM

432 posts, read 414,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricka View Post
Groton - you can't can't there from here
Ha ha, Groton gets more pushback on the Massachusetts Forum than Nashua

Old 05-31-2023, 12:00 AM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Ouch this house has serious floor damage. The floor is buckled. Selling as is even with all the stuff inside.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...ource=txtshare

What would a developer do with this property? Tear it down and build the new one on stilts?

Old 05-31-2023, 02:55 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,554 times
Quote:
Ouch this house has serious floor damage. The floor is buckled. Selling as is even with all the stuff inside.

What would a developer do with this property? Tear it down and build the new one on stilts?
How much do neighboring houses go for? Could a developer even make money?

Old 05-31-2023, 03:40 AM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times
Quote:

Hoarder house. I can't fathom how people choose to live in conditions like that. Mental illness has got to be the reason.....very sad.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:15 AM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:

Actually that looks like improperly installed laminate flooring. It does not look like the buckling is occurring with the subfloor. The house is still a general mess though.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:37 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Hoarder house. I can't fathom how people choose to live in conditions like that. Mental illness has got to be the reason.....very sad.
When i did residential electrical, we found ourselves going into houses like that. Usually older folks who live alone. Saw it quite a bit. I always felt so sad for them.

Old 05-31-2023, 07:39 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Actually that looks like improperly installed laminate flooring. It does not look like the buckling is occurring with the subfloor. The house is still a general mess though.
Someone tried to lay new planks over a previously installed wood floor. They didn't do a good job of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts