Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2023, 03:34 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
She is a victim of an awful mental illness i guess. When people kill animals no one feels bad for them regardless of how mentally ill they might be. It's hard to fathom why everyone should feel bad for a mother who has killed her 3 kids. Is she evil? I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say no. Sounds like she went into some kind of manic psychosis. None of us know though. She will likely be locked in a facility for life.

I guess what bothers me too is Ana Walshe's husband also had mental illness and was in a facility at some point. No one is feeling bad for him that maybe he went into some rage and killed his wife. Why are we supposed to feel bad for someone because they're a mother or maybe just because they're female? It could be said that many people who murder are mentally ill. That just doesn't make it ok. They're bad apples either way and should not have the privilege of freedom.
oh good lord! " hard to fathom why anyone would feel bad for a mother that killed her 3 kids." Do any of you know anything about mental illness and post partum depression/ psychosis? I guess not. That is not something the mother had control over. There are diseases and conditions of the mind/brain that are just as legitimate as any physical disease. Ma. is suppose to have a highly educated pop. Sure doesnt sound like it! And No she wont be locked up for the rest of her life and shouldnt be! Some of these comments are appalling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 03:34 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I have just been surprised by the amount of sympathy mothers get for killing their kids due to mental illness. I think recently there was a story where a mom drowned her kids and I remember reading all these comments of, Oh i hope she gets help. Anyone who does that is beyond help and will never be the same.

Old 01-27-2023, 03:37 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy11 View Post
MSRB311,
You make a good point about people trying to get the gender they always wanted so they end up having 3 and 4 kids. I know someone who ended up with 4 boys and then finally stopped when she realized the little girl she always wanted just wasn't in the cards. We say she has three boys and a boy.
Yes, I kind of get wanting a certain gender but how many times do you try until you get it right? lol. I know someone that had 5 boys (!) and finally the 6th was a girl. She was like, I really wanted a girl.

Old 01-27-2023, 03:41 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,554 times
Quote:
You think having 3 kids close together would be easier than having 2 and waiting? she was only 32.
Not that it’s easier, I just wondered if she preferred it as a reason to have a third now.

Old 01-27-2023, 03:48 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexsimon View Post
Not that it’s easier, I just wondered if she preferred it as a reason to have a third now.
I'm not sure. I've heard some people want to 'get it out of the way'. Not sure that's the best reason to have a 3rd either.

On another note, not one person has brought up her being abusive. Maybe this was the only time but this is most certainly abuse. Men get called abusive very easily when it comes to women and children. Seems like you raise your voice these days and it's abusive. But here we are feeling sorry for someone who murdered 3 children.

Old 01-27-2023, 05:29 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,840,863 times
Quote:
I'm not sure. I've heard some people want to 'get it out of the way'. Not sure that's the best reason to have a 3rd either.

On another note, not one person has brought up her being abusive. Maybe this was the only time but this is most certainly abuse. Men get called abusive very easily when it comes to women and children. Seems like you raise your voice these days and it's abusive. But here we are feeling sorry for someone who murdered 3 children.
Perhaps this individual was abused as a child which studies have shown can trigger psychotic episodes later in life.

Old 01-27-2023, 05:37 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
^^^^
Post-partum hormonal craziness is a lot more likely explanation. I haven't seen studies that say child abuse can trigger psychotic episodes later in life.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:04 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,840,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
^^^^
Post-partum hormonal craziness is a lot more likely explanation. I haven't seen studies that say child abuse can trigger psychotic episodes later in life.
NIH study right here......https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3182006/

Old 01-27-2023, 06:10 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
^^^ thank you for the post.

I worked in trauma treatment for many years. While there were certainly dissociative and flashback events for formerly abused children, the appearance of psychosis after birthing wasn't considered a direct result of the abuse. Same with former soldiers.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:11 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
oh good lord! " hard to fathom why anyone would feel bad for a mother that killed her 3 kids." Do any of you know anything about mental illness and post partum depression/ psychosis? I guess not. That is not something the mother had control over. There are diseases and conditions of the mind/brain that are just as legitimate as any physical disease. Ma. is suppose to have a highly educated pop. Sure doesnt sound like it! And No she wont be locked up for the rest of her life and shouldnt be! Some of these comments are appalling.
Just seeing this. Yes, MA is an educated state. We all understand that PPD is serious and can cause people to do things they normally wouldn't do. You do sound like you need to get off your high horse though. While many understand PPD they dont necessarily understand a mother KILLING her 3 kids. I spoke with my friend who is a Harvard PhD and also a mom and she has no empathy for the women either. Guess she got her PhD in the wrong thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts