Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:57 AM

15,811 posts, read 20,573,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
That is strange...so the worker bees get the option of more WFH days than managers now? Quite a reversal from the original scenario you described! Guess since middle managers/directors are making the most $$ and the bigger drain on dollars it's either get your butt back in the office or, as simplex theorized above, c-ya later alligator!

My own personal opinion. It was hard to get things done with those particular managers off-site. If there was an issue my team would meet for 5 mins and just talk it through and have a solution fast. If we ever needed to grab one of those "1-day-a-month" mangers, they never responded to emails or calls quickly and their calendar showed them in a meeting pretty much from 8-5pm so you'd have to book a meeting out 3-4 days in advance. It got annoying fast.

It's not that I don't think they are working, but rather I just couldn't get a 5 min convo with them easily.

Now the issue is lack of seating in the office because so many have been remote for 2-4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:03 AM

16,573 posts, read 8,327,109 times
At my office it seems to be an issue as far as 'reserving' a spot which is what you have to do in order to go in. It seems to be a hassle to reserve the spot and now people are reserving spots and not showing up I guess as an email was just sent out about it.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

15,811 posts, read 20,573,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
At my office it seems to be an issue as far as 'reserving' a spot which is what you have to do in order to go in. It seems to be a hassle to reserve the spot and now people are reserving spots and not showing up I guess as an email was just sent out about it.
Same system being proposed. A sort of prelim system has been place for a few months.

Was an issue because some folks would book the office for the entire month as soon as the block became open, and then come and go as they please. Nobody else was able to use it unfortunately.

Old Today, 10:30 AM

375 posts, read 147,884 times
My company has a reserve-your-desk system and after one or two attempts, it's become very simple to do. Granted, there are a lot more desks than people coming in so it's never an issue getting a desk/spot. Additionally, each team or business area has a general area of the building where they're essentially assigned. Since my team all comes in on the same day, we generally all book the same desks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts