Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
anon chick is just an annonymous chick posting on an internet forum , she might be trying to sound provocitive , she might just be a troll , she might just be shallow , id hardly call her a sociopath , for all we know , she devotes some of her time to helping the needy

im begining to regret having divulged details of my past experience at this stage , im a bit surprised you people are so interested , i dont feel sad when i hear about someone having committed suicide locally let alone on an anonymous forum , i dont see it as a big deal , in fact im happy for the person that did it , thier is dignity and pride in refusing to live with a ****ty deal , it not only shows courage , it says a big **** you to any potential god who might have allowed such misery
I disagree. I think it takes much, much more courage to refuse to let another person try to ruin your life.
There is pride in overcoming adversity. The easier thing to do is to commit suicide.

I am really sorry that you're at this point.. however I don't think you're going to achieve what you think you will. I do think that she should be made aware of how damaging her actions were to you... and whomever else she has felt necessary to bully.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I disagree. I think it takes much, much more courage to refuse to let another person try to ruin your life.
There is pride in overcoming adversity. The easier thing to do is to commit suicide.

I am really sorry that you're at this point.. however I don't think you're going to achieve what you think you will. I do think that she should be made aware of how damaging her actions were to you... and whomever else she has felt necessary to bully.
other posters on this thread have been opposed to the idea of writing her a letter

i intend to write and leave her a letter but that would not be enough , after the letter was sent , i would have shot my bolt and be still left with what i now am , this person changed my life forever , they changed me , im a greedy person in that i dont settle for second best , i worked hard growing up to become an impressive person in my own right , my fathers ( who was the way he was ) personality drove me to push myself to the limit , i was super focused on everything i did , this poisonous cretin sabotaged everything , she killed me inside , she planted poisonous seeds of doubt in my mind which convinced me i had serious problems , ironically my search for theese made up problems drove me round the bend and i ended up with real problems , thats how ****ed up the whole thing is , this person with her relentless psycho analysing of my charechter , " you need to see a shrink about your attitude " , everyone in this company despises you " , " i would **** myself laughing if you fell out that tenth story window "

this person was wickedness personified , she haunts me to this day , her toxic personality infected my soul and ruined my own self project , my exacting revenge on her will be the fulfillment of over ten years of planning

Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
depression is still one of the biggest medical mysteries. we still have no clue whether its negative thinking that causes the chemical imbalance and subsequent depression or a brain issue where the imbalance causes the negative thinking and depression. my thoughts are if it were the brains chemical imbalance causing the depression then it would never get better until the right med was taken then the person would be fine forever. this is rarely if ever the case which leads me to believe most cases of depression are purely psychological caused by the human thinking mind
Yes, I tend to be in the camp that believes that it's a chemical imbalance which can be exacerbated by circumstance. I believe that irish_bob would see his situation differently if he didn't already have a chemical imbalance.

Bob, you lived the first half of your life to please your father and the second half to take revenge on a former supervisor. Now, what do you want? If you were to live I mean. This is just a what-if type scenario.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes, I tend to be in the camp that believes that it's a chemical imbalance which can be exacerbated by circumstance. I believe that irish_bob would see his situation differently if he didn't already have a chemical imbalance.

Bob, you lived the first half of your life to please your father and the second half to take revenge on a former supervisor. Now, what do you want? If you were to live I mean. This is just a what-if type scenario.
i dont want anything whatsoever now apart from revenge on the one who ruined everything on me , i done things i cannot change and im deeply ashamed , i would not have done them had i not been destroyed by this other person , a person who,s dignity is stolen has a lower set of standards for themselves , no matter what happens now , i would be living a life of second best

Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Okay, so we have "send a letter telling someone about how they destroyed your life, and then shoot yourself on their front stoop when they open the door" as one cure for depression.

Any other contributions on cures for depression? Mine is: I don't think there is any cure, however there are treatments, including (but not exclusively so) medication.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Okay, so we have "send a letter telling someone about how they destroyed your life, and then shoot yourself on their front stoop when they open the door" as one cure for depression.

Any other contributions on cures for depression? Mine is: I don't think there is any cure, however there are treatments, including (but not exclusively so) medication.
dont those meds make you semi comotose , you cannot ride bikes, go mountain climbing or do anything remotley athletic

Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob;24090187[B
]dont those meds make you semi comotose , you cannot ride bikes, go mountain climbing or do anything remotley athletic[/b]
What a ridiculous thing to say.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM

399 posts, read 581,802 times
I_b, you know, I've spent some time trying to see where the light was for you in your circumstances and I see it. I kept posting and posting hoping maybe you would see it too. But I realize that your focus isn't on going towards the light at all but digging yourself deeper into the darkness. You've channeled all your attention into this idea that your best life was destroyed when that woman hurt you.

"Each man destroys the thing he loves..."

I feel like you've taught me more than I ever imagined. Many on this forum have. I didn't know that there were people who still felt this way and didn't even want to feel better, who still genuinely believed one race was better than another or even that it was necessary to even compare oneself in the terms of the haves and the have nots. I actually forgot about these things and thought everyone evolved back in 2008/2009. I thought I was the last one.

Tragedy happens to those who choose to cling to their circumstances because life is greater than those circumstances and can and will change. Always. Look for the outlet, keep fighting. Do your best to be your best and that puts you in a good position for opportunities to move forward.

Anyways, I feel many people have posted some stuff on coping with depression, I've posted quite a few links as well on from looking at the views and some of the reps I've gotten, I feel that there are people who are still seeking. I feel I've done my part here on this thread and on this forum. Those looking for the light will find it. Those who aren't, well...You have my compassion and may God be with you even the darkness.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
dont those meds make you semi comotose , you cannot ride bikes, go mountain climbing or do anything remotley athletic
Very wrong there. The meds have two purposes first to get a hold on your run a way depression and to stabilize,( not drug you into a catatonic state) the second meds are most likely some of the same, with more or less, along with other drugs to help get your chemical balance in order. Everyone is different, its trial and error,but, the good thing is, if something does not work or makes things worse, you stop that combo, and try another. Nothing is cast in stone, there are no expectations, pressures, demands, and you are not forced to take any drugs, but it is advisable because of the chemical imbalance.and the ability to get control of what part of the brain has more or less of what you need.There are three compounds in the brain, its just that many of the population has too much of one and or not enough of the other.
The day is not far away when depression will become a forgotten thing with the advancement of modern drugs and procedures. It will be like taking an aspirin for sore joints or a headache. There are trials for procedures people can sign up for right now. See your medical professional about this. I have heard of some fantastic results already, but so much is in the testing stage. Look for some real advancements in the not distant future, could come at anytime.
As to wracked out deadhead zombies shuffling across a endless road, or making a person less active or creative, its actually the opposite.in most cases. At least thats been the case for me . One year ago I was a basket case, showing all the signs of a person that sees little future. Today, not only have I regained a lot of my former self, but have discovered things that were bothering me for over 30 years.. I do feel like a new person, and, I take less drugs now than ever before. It works, take it from someone thats been through it, and has came out the other end a stronger, better person.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
I_b, you know, I've spent some time trying to see where the light was for you in your circumstances and I see it. I kept posting and posting hoping maybe you would see it too. But I realize that your focus isn't on going towards the light at all but digging yourself deeper into the darkness. You've channeled all your attention into this idea that your best life was destroyed when that woman hurt you.

"Each man destroys the thing he loves..."

I feel like you've taught me more than I ever imagined. Many on this forum have. I didn't know that there were people who still felt this way and didn't even want to feel better, who still genuinely believed one race was better than another or even that it was necessary to even compare oneself in the terms of the haves and the have nots. I actually forgot about these things and thought everyone evolved back in 2008/2009. I thought I was the last one.

Tragedy happens to those who choose to cling to their circumstances because life is greater than those circumstances and can and will change. Always. Look for the outlet, keep fighting. Do your best to be your best and that puts you in a good position for opportunities to move forward.

Anyways, I feel many people have posted some stuff on coping with depression, I've posted quite a few links as well on from looking at the views and some of the reps I've gotten, I feel that there are people who are still seeking. I feel I've done my part here on this thread and on this forum. Those looking for the light will find it. Those who aren't, well...You have my compassion and may God be with you even the darkness.

correct me if im wrong but did you make reference to race in summarising my possition , if you did , i dont believe i have once refered to race in any of my posts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health