Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 05:44 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Quick little update. The Zoloft is most definitely helping me, through school and especially at work. I took two exams this week and didn't freak out like I have in the past! I just took my time and utilized the whole 3 hour allotment. I even made a high B on one of my Accounting exams. I realized too, I don't have to make an A on every single exam. The important thing is that I know the content.

And at work I find myself not reacting to customers problems anymore. Just because they have problems doesn't mean I need to make it my problem. I feel like I'm more separated emotionally from them and that's a good thing at my job.

The doctor and I decided to go up t 150 milligrams, it might help with my persisting OCD habits. He also prescribed some sleeping pills for when I really need to get a good night's sleep. I might pop one tonight.

good news! So glad to hear you're doing better, and the medicine is doing what it should be doing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:14 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Quick little update. The Zoloft is most definitely helping me, through school and especially at work. I took two exams this week and didn't freak out like I have in the past! I just took my time and utilized the whole 3 hour allotment. I even made a high B on one of my Accounting exams. I realized too, I don't have to make an A on every single exam. The important thing is that I know the content.

And at work I find myself not reacting to customers problems anymore. Just because they have problems doesn't mean I need to make it my problem. I feel like I'm more separated emotionally from them and that's a good thing at my job.

The doctor and I decided to go up t 150 milligrams, it might help with my persisting OCD habits. He also prescribed some sleeping pills for when I really need to get a good night's sleep. I might pop one tonight.
Awesome! Hope it continues and you do well!!!1

Old 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Awesome! Hope it continues and you do well!!!1
Thanks for your words of kindness. BTW those sleeping pills, Trazadone, I only took a couple times. They made me feel dizzy and groggy the next day. Anyway they're just another antidepressant that are used off label as a sleeping aid.

I had another appointment with the doctor yesterday and he upped me to 200 mg's of Zoloft. The stuff seems to be working and I don't have any major side effects. And at least I don't have to break pills in half anymore. But that's the target dose though so I'll be sticking with that probably for the rest of my treatment (more like the rest of my life right!). But as usual, it takes a couple days for my body to adjust, I'm feeling very lazy and unproductive.

That is so awesome that you live in California. I google mapped Lompoc and it looks beautiful there. One day I'll be out west too.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:55 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,022,334 times
Default Starting back on Zoloft-Do you taper up to original dose?

Hello it's me again. I Think I'm going to start taking Zoloft again.

A lot has changed since I started this thread. I've actually been completely off Zoloft for about 3 months now. For a few years I was taking 200mg/day. I took my time tapering off, it can be done with virtually no withdrawal. Don't let the horror stories out there scare you. I got off them because I was driving trucks (OTR) at the time and I was tired of the logistics of scheduling doctor's appointments. And I felt the original stressors that triggered me to take sertraline in the first place were gone.

Now I'm re-examing myself and asking, how do I feel overall? In general, I felt better when I was taking the stuff. For one thing I can not seem to quit biting my nails, a disgusting habit. The Zoloft helped me stop most of that OCD behavior. I also seemed to sleep better when I was taking it, and of course just a general feeling of well being.

I could go on about how my life didn't go as expected, but I'm sure my stories aren't much different than others. I looked at my original post, how I attached a picture of a thug looking African American (he's actually Plies the rapper who I like). In these times of Trumpetism, I'm ashamed of myself for posting that. I don't want to be associated at all with the angry-white-male movement. Like I said alot has changed. I live with my mom in Sun City AZ, and I feel like I'm suffocating here. I would love to be around some younger people, of various races. But I convinced my mom to buy the house and she needs me to help with the house payment.

Anyway, I want to go back to 200mg/day. I've got two bottles of Zoloft I never opened. How should I taper back up? I was thinking 100mg a day for a week or so, then 200. Or should I just go straight to 200, I don't know?

Get my head straight and then I can push on with some realistic goals.

Thank you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health