Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 02:21 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times

Advertisements

What's wrong? You couldn't find any split personality girls to date? Those are the best: three or four for the price of one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 04:15 PM

365 posts, read 1,402,569 times
Obviously you haven't had much experience with women, otherwise you would have figured out that keeping one happy is a chore. Are you a glutten for punishment or what?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:03 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,166,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitloopnut View Post
hello
i am currently friends with a woman who is bi polar,since im not familiar with this illness i'd like to find someone who is and give me a little help on how they think on everyday life,she seems to lie but tells me shes not but everything always seems funny and the dumbest things seems to be more important to her.

Dont
waste
your
time

Old 10-03-2009, 07:21 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,698 times
NAMI has a great website with loads of info on this. Read up on it and it should give you alot of insight.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,650 times
Default No No No

I've been working with bi-polar's for 11 years I have learned a lot. First of all most of the time its not them,,,, its you! Assumtion is an enemy. Bipolars are special people when treated with respect. Yes there are some that don't take care of themshelves. Thats mostly because the people in there lives are ignorant and could care less about them. Much like the beer bellied X-football player or the bleach blonde homecoming queen letting her roots show. There are also people without this disorder that prey on bipolars. Not realising most have higher I.Q.'s than they do. Maybe its you, not them. Ever think about that? Of course not, why take the blame yourself when theres a partner with bipolar standing right there in your line of fire. Sure there are bipolars that are out of control. Much like there are others who speak lies about the disorder without doing real research.

Mess up? Blame your bipolar loved one. Make a mistake? Act like you didn't and blame it on the bipolar person. I see this all the time. Shame on all of you. Bipolars are the best people out there. Connected to a great understanding you will never know about the human brain. They don't want to be with you because you are the strange one. You are boring to them. As far as sex, I find that only 8% even like sex. So any wildness in bed is probably for your sake to keep your poor little ego up. I bet you never thought of it that way huh? Bipolars have special little groups that you'll never belong to. They also have special ways of doing things that are smarter than you could ever come up with. So, perhaps some true study of the disorder is more important than telling lies and making things up. Treat people right and they will do the same to you. haha, what crap.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:45 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,395,150 times
Red face I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy60 View Post
I've been working with bi-polar's for 11 years I have learned a lot. First of all most of the time its not them,,,, its you! Assumtion is an enemy. Bipolars are special people when treated with respect. Yes there are some that don't take care of themshelves. Thats mostly because the people in there lives are ignorant and could care less about them. Much like the beer bellied X-football player or the bleach blonde homecoming queen letting her roots show. There are also people without this disorder that prey on bipolars. Not realising most have higher I.Q.'s than they do. Maybe its you, not them. Ever think about that? Of course not, why take the blame yourself when theres a partner with bipolar standing right there in your line of fire. Sure there are bipolars that are out of control. Much like there are others who speak lies about the disorder without doing real research.

Mess up? Blame your bipolar loved one. Make a mistake? Act like you didn't and blame it on the bipolar person. I see this all the time. Shame on all of you. Bipolars are the best people out there. Connected to a great understanding you will never know about the human brain. They don't want to be with you because you are the strange one. You are boring to them. As far as sex, I find that only 8% even like sex. So any wildness in bed is probably for your sake to keep your poor little ego up. I bet you never thought of it that way huh? Bipolars have special little groups that you'll never belong to. They also have special ways of doing things that are smarter than you could ever come up with. So, perhaps some true study of the disorder is more important than telling lies and making things up. Treat people right and they will do the same to you. haha, what crap.

No, not quite really...

One of my best friends is a diagnosed bipolar, he is still my friend and I never ever saw anything wrong with him, until he told me about an episode he had at work. I was working with him at the time but I never saw the episode. He began to yell at someone "Gimme the phone I'm God's assistant!!!" or something like that. Crazy thing. Since there were 2 phones available.

More recently:

I met this 40 yr divorced woman, she was very sweet and normal. After 2 years of ocassional dating. We hooked up, she was getting over a past relationship. I noticed several things on her behavior: she was with an incredible sex drive (She confessed to me she had another sex partner, I didn't like it but we were just "friends with benefits" so to speak), she is into a lot of things online and don't sleep well, then I noticed most of the time she was depressed and she was sleeping with her street clothes on. I didn't give that much importance to the depression thing, since she was coming out of another relationship. She was very sweet with me, and I was falling real hard for her. I was thinking marrying material in the future. She was asking me for "time" over and over again. I said "okay".

Then one night she had what I think was an episode. She began to yell at me for no reason. Telling me she was "a loose cannon", and not what I was looking for.That I was looking maybe for a mother or a sister and not a girlfriend. She began to write something with her left hand...and she is a right hand person!!! It was like an "Exorcist" type of thing. I was scared and also hurt.

Then after 2 weeks I asked her to meet me at a local coffee shop. I told her with respect: "you have a bipolar disorder, you need help". She got angry and left. She is not answering my calls or chats. I know this was a bad move, but it was for the best, because if not I will be on the "round and round" with the "time b.s" "merry go round" she was giving me.

I have noticed, not only for my own experience, but reading other people posts about these issues, that bipolars can be the most insincere people in the world, you can make them exciting and different but the fact remain: they are Jekyll on the morning and Hyde on the evening.

Not quite good..since relationships are very hard as it is.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:47 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
My advice: don't even think about having one.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:11 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,395,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
O.k. I will just say this once...

"LEAVE!"

I am married to a woman I feel has that. I haven't been able to get her to a doctor to see if that is what she has but I have a good feeling it's something like that.

You are playing around with fire my friend. She is not going to be stable. They say that a bi-polar person only visits normalty. In other words they don't know what it feels like.

We can have a great life and have some down times and such but a bi-polar person is all over the place and only has rare times that life is great.

If this is a girlfriend you are dating...just leave her alone. It's hard to tell you this but you will be in my shoes in a really tough situation. Miserable and always trying to figure her out. Never really coming to a solution cause everything changes from one day to the next.

Hope this helps.
Best advice ever.

Just recently I dated one divorced 40yr old woman who I think has cyclotimia (the lowest version of BP), everything was almost fine and dandy until I saw one of the episodes. It was a feeling like being on "The Exorcist" movie or something. Very scary.

I saw women on "rage" but this was something else entirely. The things she said: "I'm a loose cannon" "What do you want? A mother? A sister? A wife?". I was like "what the heck???"

It was difficult for me to leave because when "normal" she was very sweet and generous, but I need it to. You cannot help someone like that.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,514,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitloopnut View Post
hello
i am currently friends with a woman who is bi polar,since im not familiar with this illness i'd like to find someone who is and give me a little help on how they think on everyday life,she seems to lie but tells me shes not but everything always seems funny and the dumbest things seems to be more important to her.
Here's my advice: RUN AWAY!!!

Sorry if it seems cruel but I was engaged to one and it's not worth it. I could write a book on the insanity I had to deal with but I don't want to dredge it up again so again I say RUN. Don't pass go, don't collect $200 just bloody run away.

If, on the other hand, you want to be starting an IV on the bathroom floor on your own fiancee who OD on prescription drugs or come home to find her cutting herself with a kitchen knife than by all means, carry on. If delusional thinking and psychotic breaks, wild mood swings and emotional abuse sound appealing than best of luck to you.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:34 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,732,494 times
While it is somewhat rare, there are plenty of functional bi-polar people in this world, who take their meds, hold down jobs, raise families, but still have manic episodes and then recover in a relatively short time (2 weeks, or so).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health