Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 03:01 PM

138 posts, read 328,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
Yes, those are ignorant generalization. now about the blood, please provide the scientific source of your statement.
There were already several links. Buddy, why do you want to white wash Mexicans?

Are you saying most Mexicans don't look like Indigenous Americans? Because that's false.

That'd be like me saying most Germans don't look like Indigenous Europeans.

Stop denying facts. Malinchismo is a disgusting thing.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM

[quote=Capellania97;34109197]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
Puebla, Hidalgo, San Luis Potosi, Michoacan, Estado de Mexico, Queretaro, and Verzcruz are heavily Amerindian. Those states are in the Central. Oaxaca, Yucatan, Guerrero, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Campeche, and Tabasco are all heavily Amerindian as-well, THOSE states are in the south.

You arguments are beyond pathetic, Michoacan is only 5 percent indigenous, Mexico state is 7 percent and of other central states you mentioned only Hidalgo has a population that is beyond 20 percent indigenous. None of those places you mentioned are heavily indigenous so you are quite the liar. Mestizo is not the same as indigenous and showing a picture of mostly mestizos with a few indigenous protesters in a specific location is not going to change that. It is quite obvious that you have some kind of lame agenda going on that I don't have time for.
Are you kidding me? You're delusional.

In accordance to Mexico's 2010 census:
Yucatan 62% indigenous.
Oaxaca 58% indigenous.
Chiapas 33% indigenous.
Campeche 32% indigenous.
Hidalgo is 30% indigenous.
Puebla is 25% indigenous.
Guerro 22% indigenous.
Veracruz is 20% indigenous.
San Luis Potosi 19% indigenous.
Tlaxcala 17% indigenous.
Morelos 15% indigenous.
Queretaro is 15% indigenous
Michoacan is 15% indigenous.
Sonora 12% indigenous.
Estado de Mexico is 11% indigenous.
Chihuahua 8% indigenous.
Here is my source: John P. Schmal, SomosPrimos.com

Mexico as a whole is 15% indigenous.

What's pathetic here is your dismissal of fact, and for you apparent want to white wash the Mexican reality. The reality that Mexico is an indo-mestizo country. My only agenda is providing facts.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:53 PM
FBF

601 posts, read 932,315 times
Mexico mostly has Amerindian, European, and some Asian mixture.

The genuine pure Amerindian are very dark brown and short (not a bad thing).

The pure whites tend to be Spaniards and make up some parts of the elite class (positions due to skin color is still somewhat common, sadly).

While the mixed heritages tend to be taller than amerindians, have some Caucasian or Asian features, and complexions can vary but the most common are: olive or light brown. Some can have very fair skin.

Very small minority have black features, in fact, Mexico is not very tolerant toward blacks (especially in my dad's village). Not so much assault racism, but ignorance and calling the person in a way which would not be acceptable in other countries.

Last edited by FBF; 03-30-2014 at 08:14 PM..

Old 03-31-2014, 11:02 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capellania97 View Post
Most Mexicans are mestizos meaning that most of us have a combination of caucasian and indigenous features and it can often vary even among siblings, so we are neither spanish nor indigenous we are mestizos. For most of us our ancestors are mestizos who have been intermarrying with each other for over 500 years , meaning that we are far removed from both of our indigenous and our spanish ancestries. Most Mexicans despite their physical appearance cannot even tell you what tribe their indigenous ancestors belonged to or what part of Spain their ancestors came from, so at the end of the day most of us cannot pretend to be anything other than mestizos.
Agree 100% with this. I don't know why people don't want to accept this important fact.

Many of the mestizo Mexicans who want to call themselves indigenous don't even know what tribe/culture they descend from.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capellania97 View Post
Texanazteca, thank you for proving my point about central Mexico not being heavily indigenous like you claimed. Even if we use your charts, the most indigenous state would be Hidalgo at 30 percent meaning that 70 percent of the population is not indigenous. I know see that you can't tell the difference between indigenous people and mestizos or between one region of Mexico or the other, you seem quite confused. This will be the last time I respond to you're trollish posts because it is obvious to me that you do not know what you are talking about and are willing to lie and exaggerate to get your indigenista agenda across and I don't have time for the childish banter.
[Mod cut: rude and personal] Mestizos are indigenous people, since their blood is indigenous to the territory. Secondly, I never claimed that central Mexico is majority indigenous. What I said was that this area is very much populated by many indigenous people. Puebla, Veracruz, San Luis Potosi, and Estado de Mexico have significant indigenous populations.
[Mod cut: rude and personal]

I'm merely stating what data supports, that Mexicans are by and large indo-mestizo, and that the most heavily populated areas of Mexico are the same place where pure blood indigenous people are located.

[Mod cut: rude and personal]

Last edited by elnina; 04-11-2014 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: You better stop that!

Old 03-31-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Agree 100% with this. I don't know why people don't want to accept this important fact.

Many of the mestizo Mexicans who want to call themselves indigenous don't even know what tribe/culture they descend from.
Knowing what tribe you're from isn't a perquisite for being indigenous. No sir, your blood is what makes you indigenous, your race, as-well as your culture.

Mestizos are indigenous people. Mestizos are not a different race in and of themselves. Mestizos are a mixture of two races. One indigenous, one foreign. To say that Mestizos aren't indigenous, is not only semantically incorrect, it is illogical.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:12 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_azteca View Post
knowing what tribe you're from isn't a perquisite for being indigenous. No sir, your blood is what makes you indigenous, your race, as-well as your culture.

Mestizos are indigenous people. Mestizos are not a different race in and of themselves. Mestizos are a mixture of two races. One indigenous, one foreign. To say that mestizos aren't indigenous, is not only semantically incorrect, it is illogical.

+1

Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post

Does a black American or mulato have to know what tribe of Africa his ancestors were from in order for them to be able to say they are black or mulato?

Indigenous dna is the most prominent in Mexico, why do some people have a hard time accepting that?

Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Does a black American or mulato have to know what tribe of Africa his ancestors were from in order for them to be able to say they are black or mulato?

Indigenous dna is the most prominent in Mexico, why do some people have a hard time accepting that?
That wasn't my point. My comment was in reference to the other poster who stated that a lot of Mexicans are a product of generations of mixing and far removed from the original cultures. This is true.

Of course Mexicans are Native American + European and can say so.
I just don't agree with a fantasy Aztec indigenous heritage. It lacks knowledge and depth of the cultural diversity in Mexico, including the cultural diversity of Native Americans. There are Triqui, Purepecha, Taraumari, Raramuri, Mixteco, Zapoteco, Mayan, Huichol, and SO MUCH MORE.

I have pure blooded Mexican Native American friends. I also have Jewish White Mexican friends. I have Mexican mestizo friends and family who look Native American, and also Mexican mestizo friends and family who look 100% White. We are all the same in my book.

Mexico is diverse and mixed and it is unhealthy to not accept this, and separatism is the last thing Mexico needs.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:46 PM

6 posts, read 50,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
I have traveled a lot in Mexico and have seen and known a lot of Mexican Americans in the USA, and what I see with my eyes with physical characteristics is a population that is mostly of native indigenous blood. The country is a large part Mestizo (as are a lot of the Central American and South American countries), and my guess when you say "Mestizo" it is probably 80% native blood and 20% Spanish blood (or even less). And there are a lot of Mexicans 100% native blood or close to it.

I personally have never seen a Mexican person who looked like they even had one drop of African blood in them. I think that is way, way overstated.

If you have ever been to Spain you see what Spanish people look like. They are very white European looking often with fair colored hair. In my opinion I do not see many Mexicans that look like people in Spain. That is a small minority.

Here is what Wikipedia says about Mexico's ethnic breakdown:
-65% Mestizo (and as I said when you say Mestizo you are talking predominately Indigenous blood with a much smaller amount of Spanish blood)
-18% Amerindian
-16% white
-<1% black, asian or other combined

....so there you have it, really 83% of the population is mostly indigenous blood.
Wrong!! If you scrolled down on further on the Wikipedia page you would have realized that the average Mexican Mestizo has a 65% European stock and 31% Amerindian ancestry. Also, there is no standard Spanish look and not all of them are very white like you claim, some of them are very dark since they were conquered by North Africans for many centuries. The reason you think that the typical Mexican looks mostly Amerindian is simply because most of the legal and illegal immigration has come mostly from the southern Mexican states like Oaxaca, Yucatan, Chiapas, Michoacán, which are the poorest and most marginalized areas of Mexico. You need to go out more and visit other places of Mexico to see Mexicans with green or blue eyes, pale skin and overall mostly Southern European-North African look. Where are these types of Mexicans located mostly? In the Central to Northern states.

....So there you have it, really 81% of the population is mostly white or mixed European-Indigenous blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico