Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 AM

11 posts, read 10,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
It's funny you say that. After driving for 5 days in Miami, my son commented that the craziest of drivers were actually us. I see welcome papers in our future.
You are very naive in my opinion. And damn, this whole pointless thread has just wasted a few minutes of my life that I'll never get back!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 AM

911 posts, read 1,712,822 times
I think we've made a decision. We can stay at Roadway inn for $55-59 per night. Get there, store our stuff in a public storage and live out of a hotel for a week or two. Pet's are ok there too.

Something like that would work if we don't get lucky and find a place. We called back and offered the guy a hefty pet deposit for the Surfside place and he still said no. Apparently, Miami is not a pet friendly place, even for a perfectly behaved and well trained dog.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:04 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
I think we've made a decision. We can stay at Roadway inn for $55-59 per night. Get there, store our stuff in a public storage and live out of a hotel for a week or two. Pet's are ok there too.

Something like that would work if we don't get lucky and find a place. We called back and offered the guy a hefty pet deposit for the Surfside place and he still said no. Apparently, Miami is not a pet friendly place, even for a perfectly behaved and well trained dog.
So basically you're homeless with a child in a city that has the worst job market in the country.

You sound like a real planner.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
Before you finally decided to move down here, rent a house in the suburbs, in parts of unincorporated Miami-Dade or even area's like Miramar and Pembroke Pines. I'm certain your opinion of Miami will change as well as that of the peoples.

These are, typical, middle-class neighborhoods too, so I'm not sending you into Overtown or anything...

Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 AM

196 posts, read 589,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
So basically you're homeless with a child in a city that has the worst job market in the country.

His "child" is a grown man with a job already lined up.

You sound like a real reader.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:

My dog is homeless too.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricemendo View Post
His "child" is a grown man with a job already lined up.

You sound like a real reader.
Sorry I don't have the time to go through pages and pages of nonsense, and the way this guy writes he sounds like he is 25 yrs old.

Must be having a mid life crisis.

He has been offered a lot of insight, which he chooses to ignore.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Sorry I don't have the time to go through pages and pages of nonsense, and the way this guy writes he sounds like he is 25 yrs old.

Must be having a mid life crisis.

He has been offered a lot of insight, which he chooses to ignore.
Not sure what insight he has ignored. OP & son decided to move to Miami. Son lined up job. OP has job as well. Came to to Miami to secure living situation, which has now fallen through.

Not sure why you need a recap, since with 1775 posts in just 19 months, you seem to have alot of time to spend on City-Data.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Just ignore ***MOD CUT*** Patrice. Thanks for following along.

I think we have found a new place. It's in the upper east side around 64th and Biscayne. Actually we saw the place but didn't go in. The downstairs neighbor was outside and we chatted. He had had no problems living there in 2 years. We discounted it because it was so close to Little Haiti.

We decided to revisit the place and saw the inside of it online and are blown away. This place is very very nice and in any other area in Miami it would be 1600 or more.

Beauty was more than skin deep. The guy seemed to be very easy to work with, we get in for less and he has fast approval.He also said in spite of the way that neighborhood looks the survey said most household incomes are between 60-80k a year. He said is was full of yuppie types. I guess it's part of Mimo and he sess no problem with our dog.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-29-2010 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Personal Attack, Just leave stuff like that out.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Glad to hear it. I don't know much about that neighborhood, except that one of the miami's only good pizza joints is close by - Andiamo's on Biscayne & 56th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami