Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 PM

911 posts, read 1,714,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricemendo View Post
look at you. you're practically a native already.

once you start texting while YOU'RE driving you'll receive your official welcome papers.

It's funny you say that. After driving for 5 days in Miami, my son commented that the craziest of drivers were actually us. I see welcome papers in our future.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,479,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
It's funny you say that. After driving for 5 days in Miami, my son commented that the craziest of drivers were actually us. I see welcome papers in our future.
Wait till you start seeing the nuts who blow through red lights on busy city streets at 50mph. Or accidentally tailgate a heavily armed gang from Liberty City while they're on their way to a drive-by...

Old 10-29-2010, 05:00 AM

We have a problem. The owner of the surfside apt said he didn't want dogs. We have to leave Dallas in 5 days and have no place to go.

There was a dog in the complex, we heard them bark. The landlord said that our dog would be ok but when they talked with the owner, the owner said he was making the current resident get rid of their dog. Brutal.

Now, we don't know where we will go but unless he has a change of heart, Surfside is out and now we have to rent something sight unseen. That would be fine in most US cities but a total crap shoot in Miami.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:40 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Have you offered the Owner a pet deposit? Sometimes that will work. I thought you said you had 2 dogs instead of one.
If that doesn't work have you thought of possibly boarding your dog?
This is why many on here said a house would be easier in your situation regarding pets since most apartments & condos don't want them.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 AM

196 posts, read 590,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlacysr View Post
We have a problem. The owner of the surfside apt said he didn't want dogs. We have to leave Dallas in 5 days and have no place to go.

There was a dog in the complex, we heard them bark. The landlord said that our dog would be ok but when they talked with the owner, the owner said he was making the current resident get rid of their dog. Brutal.

Now, we don't know where we will go but unless he has a change of heart, Surfside is out and now we have to rent something sight unseen. That would be fine in most US cities but a total crap shoot in Miami.
i am so sorry to hear that. unfortunately that reeks of typical miami. i can't begin to count the number of times in business i would come across someone saying one thing, then doing another. UGH. i wish i had a suggestion for you re: housing; unfortunately both places i lived in, while pet-friendly, were apt buildings with 1 bedrooms only. i wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:02 AM

Yeah, this sucks and we fully expected to pay a pet deposit.

We even tried to explain to him that the one dog is a certified Therapy dog by AKC. Cat's make more noise than this dog. This dog is better behaved than most children. This dog can go into his local grocery store or visit him in the hospital. This is not some wild a$$ dog at all.

It fell on deaf ears. He was not only stupid about it, he was stubborn about his stupidity.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 AM

WE are scrambling big time this morning. We have even starting looking back in Hollywood now. Cost will go up, location proximity to Downtown increases as well. No clue where we'll end up but this is a major glitch and we are 1258 miles away.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,064,233 times
Maybe you can get a storage place, do short term rentals/hotel and board the dog while you find a place

Old 10-29-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Maybe you can get a storage place, do short term rentals/hotel and board the dog while you find a place
Yes, we have discussed that one too. Fact is we have run out of time and we spent too much time there doing my job and didn't allocate enough time to get a backup place to live. We came home thinking surfside, but may end up in Liberty city if we are not careful.

Miami is a tricky place to rent when you're not there to see the place or really know the areas. If I learned anything about Miami last week it was that bit of not so good news.

Now we'll likely just have to pick something and deal with it until we can do better. Either that or we get very lucky.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 AM

437 posts, read 811,629 times
just rent a house . With your son income and your income renting a house is not a problem in Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami