Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 08:24 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
I can't believe that even after showing you the law, you still insist on making ignorant comments like the above. Do you realize your hogging of the left lane is illegal, as well as unsafe and impedes the flow of traffic?

If you want to drive your pace without being 'rushed', go a lane over to the right.
That may work and that is where slower drivers are supposed to be. But a slower driver in the right lane may still be tailgated, or even hit from behind by a nutcase wanting to get ahead of everyone else who is weaving in and out of all the lanes at 100+ MPH, cutting in and out as he comes up to other vehicles. I can't even count the number of times I have seen drivers lose control of their vehicles as they cut in behind a slower driver in the far right lane and have to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting the guy from behind. Or they might just hit him. I saw that happen a couple times on I-95.

Drivers like this don't care whether the other guy in front of them is going the speed limit, or way beyond the speed limit, or are in the slower lane because they want to drive a little slower. They just want that driver to get out of their way, and any hazards in doing so be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 08:29 AM

699 posts, read 611,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
That may work and that is where slower drivers are supposed to be. But a slower driver in the right lane may still be tailgated, or even hit from behind by a nutcase wanting to get ahead of everyone else who is weaving in and out of all the lanes at 100+ MPH, cutting in and out as he comes up to other vehicles. I can't even count the number of times I have seen drivers lose control of their vehicles as they cut in behind a slower driver in the far right lane and have to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting the guy from behind. Or they might just hit him. I saw that happen a couple times on I-95.
The reason that 'nutcase' is weaving in and out of lanes is because you have someone hogging the left lane. If that left lane is clear, he'd just speed on down the left lane.

Case in point: I left for PBC from Miami around midnight last night, and had to 'weave' in and out of traffic because a couple people decided to hog the left lane. I at least made sure to let them know my disdain, but it's a big problem and I'm not sure where it's coming from. At the time I left, traffic was light, they didn't need to be in the left lane and they could have simply and safely moved over when they saw I was approaching them. Is it ignorance of the laws or how flow of traffic proceeds? Is it a passive aggressive response to people who naturally drive faster than you? What is it?

Old 01-11-2016, 08:47 AM

604 posts, read 619,084 times
Have you considered using high beams to call their attention instead of putting lifes in danger?

Old 01-11-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
Have you considered using high beams to call their attention instead of putting lifes in danger?
Yes, I also beep too, and for a certain subset of people that doesn't seem to work.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:23 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,867,542 times
Quote:
I can't believe that even after showing you the law, you still insist on making ignorant comments like the above. Do you realize your hogging of the left lane is illegal, as well as unsafe and impedes the flow of traffic?

If you want to drive your pace without being 'rushed', go a lane over to the right.
Obviously you have no reading comprehension skills. Never said hog the left lane. During normal traffic it is perfectly legal to drive in the left lane as long as you are doing the speed limit. Should you linger in the left lane? No unless traffic is heavy and there is no place to go or it is the HOV lane. For people like you I tend to slow down when you try to push me out of a lane. It gives me pleasure in pissing people like you off. Obviously you have internet rage also. May I suggest professional help?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
Obviously you have no reading comprehension skills. Never said hog the left lane. During normal traffic it is perfectly legal to drive in the left lane as long as you are doing the speed limit. Should you linger in the left lane? No unless traffic is heavy and there is no place to go or it is the HOV lane. For people like you I tend to slow down when you try to push me out of a lane. It gives me pleasure in pissing people like you off. Obviously you have internet rage also. May I suggest professional help?
It said specifically (Florida is included in that) that driving the speed limit is illegal if you're not keeping up with the 'normal flow of traffic.' I suggest you re-read it.

You can slow down, what will tend to happen is I will pull around you, dangerously cut you off to show my appreciation (and I will do so in a way that if I misjudge and we get in a accident, it will be my back-bumper to your front-bumper, which when it comes to insurance parlance, puts you automatically at fault even if there are witnesses that say I dangerously went in your lane), I will then brake once, and speed up. So in your moment of passive aggressive behavior, you really lost out. Good job, and continue being passive agressive.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:24 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
Its amazing how many a$$ holes are justifying their speeding and telling people they can't use the left lane in traffic. Here is one thing you may need to consider that should get you to slow down. In South Florida there are thousands of high end cars that cost well over 100k. If you hit one of them don't expect your insurance to pay for the damages. They have a cap and the law states that you are on the hook for the rest of the cost.

If you want to slalom then go to the ski resorts. Yes I do agree that drivers should keep up with the speed of traffic but the idiots who are doing 90 in a 55 or 60 should not only lose their license but their car.

In lite traffic stay out of the left lane but in heavy traffic you do not have the right to force someone to get out of the left lane because you want to drive like a moron. Either leave early enough to get to your destination or take public transportation. You are driving a 2000 lb blunt object. Remember that.
What about heavy traffic, but the left lane is empty except you in front of me doing 60 while the speed limit is 65 with no one else in front of you for 1/2 mile? I believe it would only be considerate of you to move over.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:28 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,834,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
I have worn out my high beams with these people.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:31 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
It said specifically (Florida is included in that) that driving the speed limit is illegal if you're not keeping up with the 'normal flow of traffic.' I suggest you re-read it.

You can slow down, what will tend to happen is I will pull around you, dangerously cut you off to show my appreciation (and I will do so in a way that if I misjudge and we get in a accident, it will be my back-bumper to your front-bumper, which when it comes to insurance parlance, puts you automatically at fault even if there are witnesses that say I dangerously went in your lane), I will then brake once, and speed up. So in your moment of passive aggressive behavior, you really lost out. Good job, and continue being passive agressive.
Perfect example of wreckless, aggressive driving, using your vehicle as a weapon to show you are pi$$ed off at another driver for being in your way. What's ridiculous is your blaming the other guy for your driving like that. And you justify it how....?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:35 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,232,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
I love Miami much better, more exciting, great place to visit, VB is okay just no where near as exciting as the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area, so Matzo Ball Soup to you.
The camera is a good idea....just look up in the "yellow pages/online" of all the Personal Injury Attorneys in Broward, Dade and Palm Beach County...especially Broward and Dade.....use to e 100 pages of nothing BUT shalom city......

So much as touch a bumper in that town and you can bet, the lawsuit will follow....next time you see Bernice, Carol, or Bawbaraaa will be with a neck collar and her "nephew" the attorney.....it was so bad 20 years ago that the attorneys actually complained there were too many of them down there.....too funny.....don't miss it a bit......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami