Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:09 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane Fan View Post
Yeah .. he is very , very negative and it is too bad as he seems like an intelligent person .
--------------

He is smart and he not negative however he isnt a sheep who goes with the flock.

How do you know the agent didnt start a fight over the parking spot and what happened after that ?

What Rick is saying is that he prefers to know all the facts not what the police dpt spoon feeds to the media.
Police are no better than anyone else many times can be worse.

If I told you about a gang that shoved a 3 foot broom up someone rectum and no one turned the person/s who did it in.
You would say they were monsters.

They are police . Ofcourse you know I use the Louima case to make my point.

Actually one police officer did go to Internal affairs the gang aka police dpt made his life so bad he left the force.

With police like this who needs criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM

710 posts, read 2,233,731 times
Anybody else relieved that the murderer turned out to be an Anglo and not Hispanic?
Not that it matters to the family, but just not to hear the "SoFla is a dump" xenophobic comments.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
I personally don't care what race or nationality he is. Don't let the "xenophobes" bother you. Their comments are worth a little less than what I flushed down the toilet this morning. People with 1/2 a brain know that all races and nationalities have good and bad people.

Old 08-08-2008, 01:34 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------------

He is smart and he not negative however he isnt a sheep who goes with the flock.

How do you know the agent didnt start a fight over the parking spot and what happened after that ?

What Rick is saying is that he prefers to know all the facts not what the police dpt spoon feeds to the media.
Police are no better than anyone else many times can be worse.

If I told you about a gang that shoved a 3 foot broom up someone rectum and no one turned the person/s who did it in.
You would say they were monsters.

They are police . Ofcourse you know I use the Louima case to make my point.

Actually one police officer did go to Internal affairs the gang aka police dpt made his life so bad he left the force.

With police like this who needs criminals.
Thank you for this insight. What I value more than anything else is equal treatment for all citizens/legal residents. I would not be surprised if this agent used intimidation on the other man and ended up being shot for it. Every person makes mistakes, and police/G-men(etc) are no better than the rest of us. If we consider them as unfallable, they will violate our rights. Every victim should receive equal treatment and get the same resources this customs agent did. Also when the suspect goes on trial the jury should consider all the evidence, as I have done while on jury duty. As mentioned above, I remain skeptical of information delivered from the media. What I desire is hard evidence backed by facts. And racial issues have no bearing on my decisions.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,772 times
What I wouldn't give for one day, just one day, where every Police Officer in the state of Florida was given an "UNPAID" day off and there were NO Police Officers out on patrol. Boy would there be some different opinions on this forum. When the "BAD" people in this state realized there were no Police to patrol....baby things would get interesting. I agree with Miami Vice...I will not even take the time necessary to read Tall Rick's comments anymore.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 AM

Was anyone here for hurricane Andrew? The police were powerless to stop the looting. It was up to the citizens to do the job. Ultimately everyone is responsible to follow the law and we are supposed to be equal under it. Those hotheads involved in the shooting were doing this for personal reasons, not law enforcement. An "officer" should have the sense to get away from the hostility, arm himself and call the police, as any sensible person would do. If the police do not come you simply let it go. If someone comes up to your vehicle in a threatening manner, you prepare to fight back. Was this officer wearing a uniform? How did the killer know who the other guy was? I am sorry, I cannot give special consideration to anyone, especially someone not acting in a professional manner. I bet that if the police took a day off things would not be any different. In fact, I bet criminals would be more afraid because law-abiding people outnumber career criminals by a large number.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:18 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
What I wouldn't give for one day, just one day, where every Police Officer in the state of Florida was given an "UNPAID" day off and there were NO Police Officers out on patrol. Boy would there be some different opinions on this forum. When the "BAD" people in this state realized there were no Police to patrol....baby things would get interesting. I agree with Miami Vice...I will not even take the time necessary to read Tall Rick's comments anymore.

Yes Miami/Florida cops are truly money well spent. With quality officers working hard for the citizens .

Here is one of countless fine examples of Floridas best

YouTube - Rapist Police Officer - Miami

Old 08-09-2008, 12:38 PM

I just thought of something, if there were no police on duty maybe people would be smoking pot instead of getting road rage. Cheech and Chong always seemed content when driving, right?

Old 08-09-2008, 12:45 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,830 times
Quote:
Yes Miami/Florida cops are truly money well spent. With quality officers working hard for the citizens .

Oh my. I dont think Ive ever heard or seen of a police officer being a total douche or doing something wrong. That must only happen in Miami! What a shame.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:53 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
Quote:

Give me a break!! Every profession has it's corupt people who fall through the cracks. The police just make the big headlines. I'm sure that there are no bad people doing whatever work you do.

Obviously, by all your anti-police posts, you've had one too many tickets or have been hauled off to jail more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: