Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 12:54 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I just thought of something, if there were no police on duty maybe people would be smoking pot instead of getting road rage. Cheech and Chong always seemed content when driving, right?

Yeah, lets let everyone drive around stoned so they could run people over or crash into things. I'm sure the insurance companies will love that. It seems that you've smoked one too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 01:35 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Give me a break!! Every profession has it's corupt people who fall through the cracks. The police just make the big headlines. I'm sure that there are no bad people doing whatever work you do.

Obviously, by all your anti-police posts, you've had one too many tickets or have been hauled off to jail more than once.

I have never had even a parking ticket never arrested .

I do know MANY police are racist and abuse their power.

Miami cops being KKKOW BOYS AND KKKOW GIRLS. White,Hispanic,Black makes no difference .

Miami Cops are becoming a militia that plaque the citizens . Its a shame the citizens here are so loyal to neocons in power .

Last edited by Luiso; 08-09-2008 at 02:10 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
Oh my. I dont think Ive ever heard or seen of a police officer being a total douche or doing something wrong. That must only happen in Miami! What a shame.

No that happens in other cities but something like this only happens in Miami.

With the Miami militia aka police silencing basic freedoms .
I do blame the Cuban Neocon politicians who support this

YouTube - Miami Police Shot Protester, then laugh about it.

Yes Miami's finest at work . Keeping us "safe" from freedom of speech

Sad what type people they hire in Miami police because this I have never heard of happening other than Miami. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PigBr8ROwNs

Last edited by Luiso; 08-09-2008 at 02:17 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Was anyone here for hurricane Andrew? The police were powerless to stop the looting. It was up to the citizens to do the job. Ultimately everyone is responsible to follow the law and we are supposed to be equal under it. Those hotheads involved in the shooting were doing this for personal reasons, not law enforcement. An "officer" should have the sense to get away from the hostility, arm himself and call the police, as any sensible person would do. If the police do not come you simply let it go. If someone comes up to your vehicle in a threatening manner, you prepare to fight back. Was this officer wearing a uniform? How did the killer know who the other guy was? I am sorry, I cannot give special consideration to anyone, especially someone not acting in a professional manner. I bet that if the police took a day off things would not be any different. In fact, I bet criminals would be more afraid because law-abiding people outnumber career criminals by a large number.
----------------

"Was anyone here for hurricane Andrew? The police were powerless to stop the looting"

Perhaps some of the looters were plain clothes and off duty police.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
What I wouldn't give for one day, just one day, where every Police Officer in the state of Florida was given an "UNPAID" day off and there were NO Police Officers out on patrol. Boy would there be some different opinions on this forum. When the "BAD" people in this state realized there were no Police to patrol....baby things would get interesting. I agree with Miami Vice...I will not even take the time necessary to read Tall Rick's comments anymore.

That would suck only because so many off duty cops are such reckless drivers as they know they are above the law .

It would be a bad day to drive with so many off duty cops on the road.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I have never had even a parking ticket never arrested .

I do know MANY police are racist and abuse their power.

Miami cops being KKKOW BOYS AND KKKOW GIRLS. White,Hispanic,Black makes no difference .

Miami Cops are becoming a militia that plaque the citizens . Its a shame the citizens here are so loyal to neocons in power .
So all police officers are the same. Considering the power that we have and the amount of police here, I'd say we're doing very well. You've got your opinion. It's really not worth my energy to argue with you, so I'll let you be the bitter person that you are. If things are so horrible here, you should consider leaving. Maybe you're one of the ones who think that things are someday going to change to YOUR liking. News flash....... It's not. You could ramble on now for as long as you like. Hate on.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
----------------

"Was anyone here for hurricane Andrew? The police were powerless to stop the looting"

Perhaps some of the looters were plain clothes and off duty police.
For your information, the police also live here and lost their homes also. In a crisis like that one, the police are out-numbered by looting CIVILIANS 10,000 to 1. In addtion, life threatening calls and recovery were the priority. While everyone one else was dealing with their own problems, the police had to put their homes and families aside, and work 12-16 hours shifts trying to control the civilians.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
So all police officers are the same. Considering the power that we have and the amount of police here, I'd say we're doing very well. You've got your opinion. It's really not worth my energy to argue with you, so I'll let you be the bitter person that you are. If things are so horrible here, you should consider leaving. Maybe you're one of the ones who think that things are someday going to change to YOUR liking. News flash....... It's not. You could ramble on now for as long as you like. Hate on.
-------------

No I am not leaving what I have done is simply inform people to do things like video the police at Walmart late at night buying tv,s ,etc while on duty in uniform in patrol cars .

Something I recently saw after coming back from the Gym at 3am .
ONLY in south Florida could you pull this .

Lets send them to FBI see what happens maybe something maybe nothing but its time to get active .

Its also time to vote out the Pro police right wing politicians.

I am doing what I can to end the Neocon strangle hold you KKKops and Politicians have on the people here.

Most here arent active lets hope things change I think they are .
The people here need to become more active realize who their enemy is .
Video everything police do and lets see what transpires.

Not just internal affairs contact FBI as Miami is way to corrupt.

The older pro KKKops Neocon Cubans need to open their eyes .

Old 08-09-2008, 03:20 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Is anyone else appalled at the media circus and massive resources dedicated to this crime? How much taxpayer money will be spent on this investigation while if you or I were shot it would be no big deal? Who else is FED UP with the unequal administration of justice? People get shot all of the time in Miami, can we have a circus like this for all of them, and why not?
Yes I was appalled and just posted my pov on the other thread under Road Rage. I basically said the same thing. What about that poor lady and her kid in Dunbar Village. Had to walk a mile to a hospital and took months to get all the little creeps apprehended. I don't even think it's gone to trial yet.

And unfortunately it appear the victim (who doesn't really qualify as a "police officer" imo, ) WAS the aggressor if you read my post and watch the press conference. Alot of back pedaling by law enforcement and IMO, this old killer is going to have a very good shot at self defense or perception of self defense. Well, imo the daughter is actually the victim but that's another story...

Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Was anyone here for hurricane Andrew? The police were powerless to stop the looting. It was up to the citizens to do the job. Ultimately everyone is responsible to follow the law and we are supposed to be equal under it. Those hotheads involved in the shooting were doing this for personal reasons, not law enforcement. An "officer" should have the sense to get away from the hostility, arm himself and call the police, as any sensible person would do. If the police do not come you simply let it go. If someone comes up to your vehicle in a threatening manner, you prepare to fight back. Was this officer wearing a uniform? How did the killer know who the other guy was? I am sorry, I cannot give special consideration to anyone, especially someone not acting in a professional manner. I bet that if the police took a day off things would not be any different. In fact, I bet criminals would be more afraid because law-abiding people outnumber career criminals by a large number.
So far the facts are that the victim followed the shooter into the parking lot according to the press conference where the press had to continually ask the cop who tried to tap dance around it until he admitted it but it took alot of him trying to word it all tricky in the beginning.

The hothead victim had his kid in the OFFICAL bureau vehicle, ON DUTY, and HE followed the old guy into the lot. Also the press conference cop tried to spin it as "well, it became a law enforcement matter since the shooter was driving erratically". yeah right, they made a big public deal and now are having to back pedal IMO.

See my post on the Road Rage thread for the links and details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: