Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:23 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
No that happens in other cities but something like this only happens in Miami.

With the Miami militia aka police silencing basic freedoms .
I do blame the Cuban Neocon politicians who support this

YouTube - Miami Police Shot Protester, then laugh about it.

Yes Miami's finest at work . Keeping us "safe" from freedom of speech

Sad what type people they hire in Miami police because this I have never heard of happening other than Miami. .

YouTube - [FL] Miami-Dade Police K-9 "Duke" killed
You keep thinking that.

Ridiculous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 PM

90 posts, read 352,968 times
Oh brother, this post has nothing to do on whether we need police of any of the other off subject post I read. What Rick was stating is that he is sick of all the media coverage that makes this agent look like a hero. Every other time a cop has been shot I totally understand why the police bring out every resource. The person that killed them knew that the person was a uniformed police officer and still had no regard. But in this situation, the victim wasnt in uniform and was probably the aggressor. The killer was probably defending himself and probably had no clue this guy was an agent. But they hunted him down like he was a mass murderer. That is the point, would we have seen this manhunt and media coverage if this agent was a normal 9-5 worker who made a bad judgement call and put his kid in the middle of a dangerous situation?

I am so tired of hearing all the BS about this story. If he wasnt an agent we wouldnt see his family on the news crying and we would not have seen the huge manhunt. It would have been on the news for 5 minutes and would never hear about it again. Now we have to hear his daughter saying how she loved him. Give me a break! Enough! He was stupid to follow the guy into the parking lot to begin with and obviously didnt love his daughter enough to act responsible around her and avoid a confrontation. Great example he was setting. "Look at daddy scream at the guy honey!"
Also, if he had died in the line of duty I could understand. But he thought his badge gave him a free pass to do as he pleased. And then, they ignore policy and give the family death benefits by saying that he was on duty! Really? With his daughter in the car? BULL! Typical South Florida politics! We dont need to follow policies and can change them as we please to benefit our friends. I am sick of hearing about it.

My condolences to the family. I am sorry he wasnt smart or responsible enough to avoid a situation most avoid on a daily basis!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:42 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
If it all panned out the way you described, I agree with you. I don't think that the media should make a circus out of it, like they have been doing. I do think that if someone kills a law enforcement officer, all the resources need to be used. Civilians need to be made aware that if you kill a cop, we're coming after you. If it weren't that way, cops would be getting killed much more than now.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Is anyone else appalled at the media circus and massive resources dedicated to this crime? How much taxpayer money will be spent on this investigation while if you or I were shot it would be no big deal? Who else is FED UP with the unequal administration of justice? People get shot all of the time in Miami, can we have a circus like this for all of them, and why not?
Read this article and thought of you

link (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/top-stories/story/635734.html - broken link)

Old 08-10-2008, 04:00 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
If it all panned out the way you described, I agree with you. I don't think that the media should make a circus out of it, like they have been doing. I do think that if someone kills a law enforcement officer, all the resources need to be used. Civilians need to be made aware that if you kill a cop, we're coming after you. If it weren't that way, cops would be getting killed much more than now.
-----------------

It seems the so called "law enforcement officer" was in the wrong. The guy probably felt he was in danger and acted in self defense .

The news report was sad but TYPICAL of the constant flip flopping, fact distortion used by Miami police .

In PA I did jury duty before moving here. It was civil no big deal . Hope when they call me here it has to do with a cop .

Miami needs free thinking not pro police zombie blind type people .

Old 08-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
Oh brother, this post has nothing to do on whether we need police of any of the other off subject post I read. What Rick was stating is that he is sick of all the media coverage that makes this agent look like a hero. Every other time a cop has been shot I totally understand why the police bring out every resource. The person that killed them knew that the person was a uniformed police officer and still had no regard. But in this situation, the victim wasnt in uniform and was probably the aggressor. The killer was probably defending himself and probably had no clue this guy was an agent. But they hunted him down like he was a mass murderer. That is the point, would we have seen this manhunt and media coverage if this agent was a normal 9-5 worker who made a bad judgement call and put his kid in the middle of a dangerous situation?

I am so tired of hearing all the BS about this story. If he wasnt an agent we wouldnt see his family on the news crying and we would not have seen the huge manhunt. It would have been on the news for 5 minutes and would never hear about it again. Now we have to hear his daughter saying how she loved him. Give me a break! Enough! He was stupid to follow the guy into the parking lot to begin with and obviously didnt love his daughter enough to act responsible around her and avoid a confrontation. Great example he was setting. "Look at daddy scream at the guy honey!"
Also, if he had died in the line of duty I could understand. But he thought his badge gave him a free pass to do as he pleased. And then, they ignore policy and give the family death benefits by saying that he was on duty! Really? With his daughter in the car? BULL! Typical South Florida politics! We dont need to follow policies and can change them as we please to benefit our friends. I am sick of hearing about it.

My condolences to the family. I am sorry he wasnt smart or responsible enough to avoid a situation most avoid on a daily basis!
--------------
"But he thought his badge gave him a free pass to do as he pleased"

Well said . I hope more think like you same laws and same rules for everyone.

If that guy wasnt wearing a badge he would have not gone up to that car as it happens to us all .
We just shrug it off and move on .
No need to beat up someone who cuts us off,etc its just part of driving.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
You keep thinking that.

Ridiculous

I will . Same way I imagine you to will stay a good lemming and blindly support all authority.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Self-defense will be tough to establish given that the guy fled the scene and didn't turn himself in. In a true self-defense case, the self-defender almost always calls police immediately and reports the situation.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,830 times
Quote:
I will . Same way I imagine you to will stay a good lemming and blindly support all authority.
Incredible how ridiculously you come to these conclusions.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
-------------

No I am not leaving what I have done is simply inform people to do things like video the police at Walmart late at night buying tv,s ,etc while on duty in uniform in patrol cars .

Something I recently saw after coming back from the Gym at 3am .
ONLY in south Florida could you pull this .

Lets send them to FBI see what happens maybe something maybe nothing but its time to get active .

I just saw this...Luiso, I know you're sincere but really....buying tv's in uniform?

I'm not exactly sure, but it's probably not a work infraction to buy something if you're in your patrol car and on your meal time. Just guessing....

I have been an overnight cashier in PA at a grocery store for three months and the same officers came in every night for their meals and YES sometimes they bought something other than the food.

The closest I had to any infraction is one guy who ate a donut before paying for it with the other 2 he bought. The management would have provided dozens but they knew they aren't supposed to accept them.

If it is an infraction, is this the best you can document? Please, it's not worth all the filming. Any serious infractions are going to be done in the heat of battle or in private. Not at Walmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: