Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:22 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,463 times

Advertisements

With all the Miami haters in Miami, I really think alot of them will eventually leave. latin Americans will ALWAYS come to Miami, regardless of what happens in Cuba. Tourism in Cuba before Castro was geared for the rich; at least in Miami we have spots where a working person can get a beer or some vino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times
Gymbuff

Abandon all hope.
Miami haters will never leave.
They have been leaving this town since 1959.
I don't know what kind of transportation are they using.

Those haters are a particular breed of utopians, a thowback to the times when settlers, trampers, scumbags, squatters and thiefs invaded Las Carolinas, La Florida, Texas, La Louisiana and, most important of all, California.

They are people incapable of blaming themselves for their failure, that's why they always blame their surrounding until inconsistencies catch with them and the leave to other place. Wandering gypsyes.

The "white flight" never happened. The real history was that a bunch a non-skilled, uneducated bluecollars left because they were not hired.

The Miami Haters that complain here are not "Miamian" expelled by Cubans, they are just failures and masochist that need a reason to explain their failure.

If they ever leave Miami and S. Florida, they will start to hate the place in which they relocate. They are always looking for their "ultimate frontier".

Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 AM

478 posts, read 1,324,946 times
Default Riiiight.

[quote=Leovigildo;8550673]Gymbuff

Abandon all hope.
Miami haters will never leave.
They have been leaving this town since 1959.
I don't know what kind of transportation are they using.

Those haters are a particular breed of utopians, a thowback to the times when settlers, trampers, scumbags, squatters and thiefs invaded Las Carolinas, La Florida, Texas, La Louisiana and, most important of all, California.

They are people incapable of blaming themselves for their failure, that's why they always blame their surrounding until inconsistencies catch with them and the leave to other place. Wandering gypsyes.

The "white flight" never happened. It didnt? Really? The real history was that a bunch a non-skilled, uneducated bluecollars left because they were not hired. Really? Not in search of a better quality of life? Interesting!

The Miami Haters that complain here are not "Miamian" expelled by Cubans, they are just failures and masochist that need a reason to explain their failure. Again, they are failures, not normal people that want to have a better quality of life for themsleves and their families? Maybe they wanted to be around less transients, less crime, less road rage, less impatient hot-blooded transplants, less rude people, less red light runners, less concrete jungle, less cookie cutter homes with very little natural beauty, I could go on and on... maybe they relocated for better jobs, better education for their kids, better pay, better cost of living, etc... Nah, must have been that they were white trash Americans that couldnt cut it in Miami/S FL. You're probably right.

If they ever leave Miami and S. Florida, they will start to hate the place in which they relocate. They are always looking for their "ultimate frontier" I know plenty, and I mean plenty of people that have relocated northward and I know very, very few that miss Miami/S FL.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM

Yes, they relocated northward and they lived happily ever after after they started complaining about whatever...

No, they could'nt cut in in Miami/S.Fl nor in any other place on earth.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 AM

I think most people would rather "cut it" elsewhere. Just b/c someone moves out of Miami or S FL (and there are many reasons why one would want to move out) doesnt mean that they couldnt cut it, or they are still miserable and complaining. Most people are (by far) happier when they relocate northward out of Miami. Of course, most of the people I know that did move out are White and American, so cant really say I blame 'em for moving out.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM

Who cares if they were Chinese, Italian or checkered?

Do you know any large International American city inhabited mostly by what you call "Americans"?

You don't abandon your home and your city and a solid job for bad traffic conditions.

Miami went from being a rural and laid back community, with many houses occupied by retired couples, to become an international financial center with a entirely different labour market.

Not a laid back southern city anymore.

They would have left anyways because the entire place, I'm referring to Dade and most of Broward, would have gone through the same process than Atlanta and most southern cities.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 04-28-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 01:39 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,145,732 times
I don't think it'll be there in 10-20 years. I think it'll be UNDER THE WATER.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:14 PM

[quote=Leovigildo;8555342]Who cares if they were Chinese, Italian or checkered? I do, as do most of the folks that left. Face it, the white flight occured because large numbers of foreigners were moving in, and the place changed drastically. People like to be around people like them. So they moved.

Do you know any large International American city inhabited mostly by what you call "Americans"? I dont know of any city like Miami.

You don't abandon your home and your city and a solid job for bad traffic conditions. There's a lot more to it than bad traffic.

Miami went from being a rural and laid back community, with many houses occupied by retired couples, to become an international financial center with a entirely different labour market.

Not a laid back southern city anymore. That's for sure.

They would have left anyways because the entire place, I'm referring to Dade and most of Broward, would have gone through the same process than Atlanta and most southern cities. What "process" are you talking about?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I don't think it'll be there in 10-20 years. I think it'll be UNDER THE WATER.
global warming for the win? *kidding*

I think what happens to Miami will depend GREATLY on what will happen over the long run nationally. If the government finds a way to come up with a productive capacity of some sort AND if we see debt forgiveness then tourism and all that will pick up. I mention tourism because that is either the number 1 or number 2 industry for Miami. Either way, I doubt this scenario will happen so more likely than not, Miami will either B. transform its economy into something on a MUCH smaller scale but more meaningful than what it is now. With this I do not see Miami being able to maintain the population it has now, because where will all these people work? Most people are in industries related to tourism, real estate or Finance and its a wrap for those. So then there is plan C which consists of a ton of mad max/escape from New york scenarios that we need not go into here.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 AM

Wild Style

A "Service economy" (Tourism, Finance, Real Estate, Health, Retail) and some light and Hi-Tech industry. What else do you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami