Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 PM

158 posts, read 647,207 times

Advertisements

No i dont see the customer service problem, yea your gonna have a bad experience sometime but its not overall bad.
And why would I give you reasons when it'll be just as pointless as responding back to this?!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
yet every friend and relative from california who comes out here is aghast at the level of customer service.

like my girlfriends dad who wanted the pool cleaned at the hampton inn hotel because it was filthy and they ignored him until he complained so much they simply said the pool was closed and kicked him out.

like my parents who noticed that customer service people on their cruise ignored them as soon as the cruise was over. or how my mom wanted to ask about a shirt at a store in south beach only for the rep to turn and walk away from her in mid sentance.

or our friend paul who came out here and the waitress took forever to bring the food and my gf and i were simply happy that she brought it at all.

or the restaurant we went to in fort lauderdale where my gf's friend was having dinner at before going on a cruise and they took forever and delivered it cold and then incorporated the tip automatically into the bill and slapped on a big fat gratuity.

we actually tip well if we get customer service to reward how rare it is here.

honestly we've had overwhelmingly good experience from gay waiters by the dadeland mall and miami beach.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:55 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Here is an experience I had at a restaurant one time. We went to dinner with another couple. We orderd 4 meals, chicken, steak (med. rare), 2 specials. Three meals were brought out, they forgot the chicken all together, they said they were going to put the order in for the chicken. The steak came out well done, instead of med. rare. It would be 30 minutes to get another steak cooked they said, so we just asked the waitress to take it off the bill. The manager came over and asked if we ordered the steak well done, after we had just told the waitress we had ordered it medium rare. 15 minutes went buy, still no chicken, every one was done eating, so I canceled the chicken. 5 min. later the chicken comes out. The waitress comped the steak and chicken, also packed the chicken to go for us, that was nice. When I got home to eat (10:30 at night) the chicken wasn't fully cooked and there was a hair in the sauce, luckily I didn't eat it in the dim lighting at the restaurant. This is an example of the service in South Florida.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:24 PM

201 posts, read 983,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Here is an experience I had at a restaurant one time. We went to dinner with another couple. We orderd 4 meals, chicken, steak (med. rare), 2 specials. Three meals were brought out, they forgot the chicken all together, they said they were going to put the order in for the chicken. The steak came out well done, instead of med. rare. It would be 30 minutes to get another steak cooked they said, so we just asked the waitress to take it off the bill. The manager came over and asked if we ordered the steak well done, after we had just told the waitress we had ordered it medium rare. 15 minutes went buy, still no chicken, every one was done eating, so I canceled the chicken. 5 min. later the chicken comes out. The waitress comped the steak and chicken, also packed the chicken to go for us, that was nice. When I got home to eat (10:30 at night) the chicken wasn't fully cooked and there was a hair in the sauce, luckily I didn't eat it in the dim lighting at the restaurant. This is an example of the service in South Florida.
Doggiebus , where the hell do you and Cixel eat , how come this crap rarely ever happens to my friends , family or I ?

I would be the first to mention it on this forum if it was something that happened to me often , but it does not . I think Miami , Miami Beach , Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm have great restaurants ... expensive but good !!!

Yeah , I have been at a few where the service sucked ... but that happens everywhere .

Do you guys have a black cloud over your heads all the time or are you just perpetually negative . Go to Manhattan if you want to deal with pissed off pushy waiters ... great food but the service personnel have chips on their shoulders .

Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 AM

ill agree west palm has some places with great customer service. the customer service in west palm is interesting though. out in california it seems genuine but in west palm it seems based out of fear people will complain. struck me as odd but if it ends with the same result at this point i could really care less.

i notice more of the people ive met from up there are alot more laid back. one of the things pulling me north. oh and whenever we go somewhere like daytona or anywhere outside of palm beach-broward-miami to the north or west people get ALOT more friendly. its refreshing. the customer service at joes crab shack in naples was wonderful. funny i never thought id appreciate joes crab shack for their customer service.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnnino View Post
Doggiebus , where the hell do you and Cixel eat , how come this crap rarely ever happens to my friends , family or I ?

I would be the first to mention it on this forum if it was something that happened to me often , but it does not . I think Miami , Miami Beach , Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm have great restaurants ... expensive but good !!!

Yeah , I have been at a few where the service sucked ... but that happens everywhere .

Do you guys have a black cloud over your heads all the time or are you just perpetually negative . Go to Manhattan if you want to deal with pissed off pushy waiters ... great food but the service personnel have chips on their shoulders .
The example I gave, was actually in Hollywood, it was recommended by someone (I don't trust her recommendations anymore), the restaurant is called Las Palmas Latin America on the intercoastal waterway, I didn't want to name the place, but since you asked.

I have never said bad service is rampent everywhere, what I have said is it does happen, and compared to other places that I have traveled, it just seems the service isn't as professional than other cities. I think it has something to do with the fact we are so close to the carribbean (a layed back mentality.) BTW, I eat everywhere from cheap casual dining Flanigans too high end dining at Capital Grill.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,683,240 times
here's my 2 cents:

Having lived in both areas (MIL lives in San Fernando Valley so we still visit often) except for much cleaner air and beach water...........So FLA doesn't have much else over So Cal

Old 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Default LOL@L.A. being better than Miami, lmao real funny

Look, all of you who don't like Miami just shut the hell up and don't move here, let alone visit. Problem Solved. The audacity of some of you to rate L.A. as better than Miami makes me die laughing. How can anybody say L.A. is better than Miami when L.A. is the smog capital? Yes, L.A. consistently has the country's worst air quality. Miami isn't even on the list. Let's not get on the GANG VIOLENCE. It's fact that gang violence started in Los Angeles. Didn't South Central have to change its name because of how bad it was? Yes. Now it's called South Los Angeles. The sheer fact that L.A. is gang capital (MS-13, Bloods, Crips, Surenos, Nortenos, etc) is enough to rate Miami above L.A.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM

You know there are other places in California other than LA, that don't have a smog porblem or gang issues, these other places are by far much better than Miami. I wouldn't live in LA, but I would love to live in Newport anyday over Miami.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:57 PM

a thought occurred to me today
for anyone who is a screenwriter or author this place is a GOLD MINE for material more than any other place i can think of in the country.
you will find every cheezy stereotype in existance here. you will see and hear of weird stuff you can scarcely believe.
screenplay writers would be inspired beyond belief living a year or two here because everyday i hear something new that is so effed up so corrupt or screwed up that its hilarious.
you flip between outrage and laughter at the absurdity of it all. you have to or youd go crazy.
i imagine things like fight club or a tarantino movie could be assembled from anecdotes of daily life here in miami.

ive said it before, miami is NEVER boring but its not always interesting in a good way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami