Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM

183 posts, read 467,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
It's not just a Michigan thing, it's a demographic thing seen everywhere. People living in or near cities tend to be more fit.

Bottom line is this - if you're fat and don't take care of yourself why should my health insurance premiums pay for your behavior? It's time people become accountable for their unhealthy lifestyle by paying more for it, not having others subsidize it.

Don't have the money to cover health costs? All the more reason to put down the bag of chips and take a walk instead. It's a shame so many have lost their pride.
Now if the OP would have said this I would agree but the point of this thread was to state his dislike of overweight people not to correlate the two.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 AM

183 posts, read 467,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Thx! That's the point I was trying to make.
You are a da*mn liar! There is nothing in your post that is even close to what she said. You have a problem with overweight people not because it may or may not increase your health insurance but because you are tired of seeing it. Tell the truth!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
Yet, no outcry against the medical and insurance industry itself for their excessive charges. Fascinating. It's the fat people's fault.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,822 times
while i could see this scenario being frustrating (fat chicks buying potato chips with bridge cards), i fail to see it as a 'michigan' thing.

if you want to stop welfare abuse, obesity, the high costs of healthcare, and the purchase of potato chips with bridge cards, what we need to do is promote, celebrate, support and educate our population on the importance of healthy, nurturing, active mothers who understand how important it is to be with, unconditionally love and take care of their child.

bad mothering, that is the root of all our problems. in other words..... stop breeding.
or we can pop an aspirin to get rid of this headache, but it will keep coming back.

also, i don't know which is worse.....a 300 lb welfare mom or a chick from 'jersey shore'. makeup makes you look like a clown, so does acting like one.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:34 PM

749 posts, read 2,772,321 times
WTF??? Woman have to wear make-up to go grocery shopping? Lets see, I just finished helping my husband stack 8 cords of wood for the coming winter and remembered that I need something from the store thats 10 miles away....I should go inside and put on make-up first so I dont offend you? I think not buddy. I am not over weight, but am insulted that you believe woman need to make themselves presentable to you so they can run out and grab something from the store. I also live 2 miles back in the woods on 35 acres, I dont need nor want 1500$ shoes. If my jeans and t-shirt aint good enough for you, look the other way. Sheesh, what a shallow man!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
WTF??? Woman have to wear make-up to go grocery shopping? Lets see, I just finished helping my husband stack 8 cords of wood for the coming winter and remembered that I need something from the store thats 10 miles away....I should go inside and put on make-up first so I dont offend you? I think not buddy. I am not over weight, but am insulted that you believe woman need to make themselves presentable to you so they can run out and grab something from the store. I also live 2 miles back in the woods on 35 acres, I dont need nor want 1500$ shoes. If my jeans and t-shirt aint good enough for you, look the other way. Sheesh, what a shallow man!
Real men don't post crap like his. You give him too much credit.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:31 PM

258 posts, read 1,000,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I am sick and tired of seeing 300lb women in washed out stretch pants using their bridge cards to buy soda & potato chips. On Long Island, women went out of their way to take care of themselves and at least look presentable. Up here, most women could not care less about how they look and will go shopping wearing dirty clothes sans makeup. Slobs seem to be the majority. However, there is a VERY small minority who actually look in a mirror and care before they leave their homes
Maybe the bigger question is why do you limit your angst and anger to unattractive women? There are just as many obese, dirty, crude, undereducated, etc., etc. men out there! I've come to believe that for many many people in society they have never had role models to bring them to a higher level of existence. It just goes on and on, generation after generation. Men and women alike. Sad, really.

I've also learned from my volunteer activities in many food banks, that people in poverty are unable to afford what many would consider healthy food. Fresh fruits and veggies, good beef, just wholesome stuff. To buy enough of it to satisfy appetites and fill up they don't have enough $, have never been taught how to budget what $ they 'do' have, so buy packages and packages of pre-prepared cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc. You can get waaay more junky food with a smaller amount of $. It's a much bigger problem than can be solved here but thought I'd put a little different spin on it.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 PM

258 posts, read 1,000,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
I love your post, "snowflake"!! I lived in WY for 12 years, several of them on a working cattle ranch (a 'real' ranch w/1000 mother cows, their calves and bulls enough to get 'em all preggers all on about 25,000 acres!) and can't tell you the number of times that, when we ever had time to get to town, we went in our working clothes complete with cow s--- all over them! Makeup? no time for that! We only went on big shopping trips about once a month so we got huge amounts of everything the times when we did go. I still find myself stocking up to a ridiculous degree even though I'm only about 7 miles from the store now!

Funny thing was that most everyone else looked just like we did as Wyoming is a ranching state and not being fancy, stylish or made up is a way of life. A GOOD way of life!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:58 PM

749 posts, read 2,772,321 times
Lets discuss the odors coming from the men shall we?

I already know what scolls smells like!

I am so sick of you bashing Northern MI, you dont even live here, but turned tail like a little baby for crappy Se MI.....you couldnt handle it,people up here didnt like you (for good reason as I see it) and you are pissy about it. You are full of sour grapes and no one here puts any stock whatsoever into your whiney little posts!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,642,406 times
Well, my two cents if one is going to talk about overweight "people" then lets do so both male and female. I'm sure there are some obese folks on Long Island too. If someone is so horrible to look at to you then don't look. Geez, maybe I should put a bag over my head the next time I run to the Quick Mart so as not to take a chance on offending someone. This is a sad thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan