Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Heck View Post
Michigan sucks because the employers are arrogant and stuck up. It's a privilege to have a job according to them... look at all the big headed factory rats thinking they have it made..... stuck in cornfield county working second shift and going to the bar after work..... wasting away.....and harassing the temps.... aaacccck puke!
If you could read, you would have seen this thread says "what you love about Michigan"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:55 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Michigan sucks because the employers are arrogant and stuck up. It's a privilege to have a job according to them... look at all the big headed factory rats thinking they have it made..... stuck in cornfield county working second shift and going to the bar after work..... wasting away.....and harassing the temps.... aaacccck puke!
Somebody failed Reading Comprehension 101.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times
Quote:

Lucky for you there is a thread in this forum for you. You might get someone to translate it for you and head there.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 AM

275 posts, read 441,797 times
Default What the heck, What The Heck?

True story. The first thing I thought when reading What The Heck's post, before seeing his/her screen name, was "What the heck? Didn't he read the title of this thread before he posted?!" Then I saw his/her screen name, and I had a nice little chuckle.

Yes, I have a chauvinistic internal voice.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 AM

541 posts, read 985,134 times
Quote:
what the hell or whatever your name is,did you,at any point in time,ever fall down a flight of stairs or maybe out of a moving car

Old 04-14-2011, 11:00 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Come on everybody. Let's give WTH the benefit of the doubt. Maybe somebody left her puppy collar on too tight when she was younger and the decreased blood flow to the brain left a few lingering effects. Like lack of reading comprehension, manic fits of anger, and maybe even fleas and/or mange.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:47 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
I love the venom of Michiganders if someone dares criticize the state. Legitimate criticism or not.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:01 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
I love the venom of Michiganders if someone dares criticize the state. Legitimate criticism or not.
I think most people will defend "their" state. After all, if you live in a place and are over 18, presumably you chose to live there unless you are a real loser...in which case it's sort of dumb to vent about how much you hate where you live. I mean, if it's that horrible, leave already. Sort of a no-brainer, right?

Anyway the "venom" was because whoever-it-was let loose with a boring little tirade about why he or she thought Michigan sucked - in a thread titled "What do you LOVE about MI?" The defense has been along the lines of "you dumbass did you not read the thread title" more than anything else.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:12 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I think most people will defend "their" state. After all, if you live in a place and are over 18, presumably you chose to live there unless you are a real loser...in which case it's sort of dumb to vent about how much you hate where you live. I mean, if it's that horrible, leave already. Sort of a no-brainer, right?

Anyway the "venom" was because whoever-it-was let loose with a boring little tirade about why he or she thought Michigan sucked - in a thread titled "What do you LOVE about MI?" The defense has been along the lines of "you dumbass did you not read the thread title" more than anything else.
Uh, there are a lot of people who are more or less staked to their state, I wouldn't necessarily call them "losers"...everyone has complaints about where they live. So the alternative is to wander around with a fake smile pasted on?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaHuey View Post
So the alternative is to wander around with a fake smile pasted on?
No.

It doesn't mean you have to try and drag everyone else down to your level of misery either. On a thread titled "What do you LOVE about Michigan" to come on and B'tch is just childish and being a troll. To defend someone who does that, is also childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan