Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 AM

8 posts, read 12,353 times

Advertisements

This thread is just.....sad. Some of the comments on the 4th and 5th pages just have me shaking my head in disgust.

Good Hope Rd is "ghetto"? Are you ****ing kidding me? Give me a ****ing break dude! That is by far the most ridiculous comment I've EVER read about this city. You know how a comment is just so asinine that it's funny? Well, that one goes beyond that point and is actually offensive. Gangs on Mill Rd, Good Hope all the way up to Brown Deer? Wow.....just, wow. I don't know what you saw, but if was you did see a "gang" they were probably just a few posers. I'm sure no one is wreaking havoc on Bradley Rd, sir. LOL

The guy that posted this said that he's a black male....I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you really are a black male and you're that scared of your own race, that's just sad in so many ways. I was born, raised, and still live on the Northwest Side of Milwaukee and it's just disgusts me when people call this area ghetto because I know that the main reason they do it is because it has a significant black population. Yes, there are some "sketchy" patches (West Lawn, the extreme northwest corner of Granville, Congress to Villard from 27th to 43rd), but those areas aren't even HALF as bad as the worst areas of this city

This is probably the most diverse side of town and the residents seem to get along with each other pretty well. Other than the East side, it seems to be the other only area of this city were the white people aren't scared of us.

See what you did Hagbard? Why did you have to bump this thread?

Last edited by J. Rob; 05-28-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 07:13 PM

88 posts, read 214,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Rob View Post
This thread is just.....sad. Some of the comments on the 4th and 5th pages just have me shaking my head in disgust.

Good Hope Rd is "ghetto"? Are you ****ing kidding me? Give me a ****ing break dude! That is by far the most ridiculous comment I've EVER read about this city. You know how a comment is just so asinine that it's funny? Well, that one goes beyond that point and is actually offensive. Gangs on Mill Rd, Good Hope all the way up to Brown Deer? Wow.....just, wow. I don't know what you saw, but if was you did see a "gang" they were probably just a few posers. I'm sure no one is wreaking havoc on Bradley Rd, sir. LOL

The guy that posted this said that he's a black male....I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you really are a black male and you're that scared of your own race, that's just sad in so many ways. I was born, raised, and still live on the Northwest Side of Milwaukee and it's just disgusts me when people call this area ghetto because I know that the main reason they do it is because it has a significant black population. Yes, there are some "sketchy" patches (West Lawn, the extreme northwest corner of Granville, Congress to Villard from 27th to 43rd), but those areas aren't even HALF as bad as the worst areas of this city

This is probably the most diverse side of town and the residents seem to get along with each other pretty well. Other than the East side, it seems to be the other only area of this city were the white people aren't scared of us.

See what you did Hagbard? Why did you have to bump this thread?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:15 PM

65 posts, read 133,561 times
I find it fascinating that the very types that are proud of being in 'diverse' neighborhoods, act as though that were a badge of moral righteousness, instead of utter stupidity. I also am amazed that the vast majority of those 'hominids' that use the 'f' word, are exemplary of the very times the first poster sought to avoid- lower class, non-whites! And finally, that NOTHING has been posted since the clearly RACIST BLACK VIOLENCE on WHITES at the fair this summer, is the most damning confirmation of the original poster's honest inquiry.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:52 AM

711 posts, read 1,690,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. John View Post
I find it fascinating that the very types that are proud of being in 'diverse' neighborhoods, act as though that were a badge of moral righteousness, instead of utter stupidity. I also am amazed that the vast majority of those 'hominids' that use the 'f' word, are exemplary of the very times the first poster sought to avoid- lower class, non-whites! And finally, that NOTHING has been posted since the clearly RACIST BLACK VIOLENCE on WHITES at the fair this summer, is the most damning confirmation of the original poster's honest inquiry.
So, how did your rally in West Allis go?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Well by looking at your typing skills I would say you would fit in perfect in the "Ghetto Areas". Those red lines under all your words is the dictionary telling you that you have misspelled a word.
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal? Some of the spelling nazi's on this forum are ridiculous.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:00 PM

393 posts, read 891,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanerady View Post
basically im white and afraid the ghetto, I want to know where the hell to stay away from as far at neighborhoods and towns, of Milwaukee. i called a few landlords trying to set up scheduled showings of apt/duplexes, and one lady simply said that she could not rent this house to me cause i seemed TOO white, as it was in a bad neighborhood. The job promotion will be near southridge mall. is GREENDALE a good place to live? how bout parts of the city of Milwaukee? we would like to be near bus lines and near nightlife... if you can help me it'd be greatly appreciated. I am scheduled to start work on the 7th, but would love to move in mid NOV. thanks and good luck.
I'm surprised how few people called racism on this bastard. You think white people don't live in bad neighborhoods? In your mind, does black neighborhood=bad neighborhood and white neighborhood=good neighborhood? Your whites-in-good-neighborhoods thing would be destroyed if you ever walked into a trailer park... just saying.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:30 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanerady View Post
basically im white and afraid the ghetto, I want to know where the hell to stay away from as far at neighborhoods and towns, of Milwaukee. i called a few landlords trying to set up scheduled showings of apt/duplexes, and one lady simply said that she could not rent this house to me cause i seemed TOO white, as it was in a bad neighborhood. The job promotion will be near southridge mall. is GREENDALE a good place to live? how bout parts of the city of Milwaukee? we would like to be near bus lines and near nightlife... if you can help me it'd be greatly appreciated. I am scheduled to start work on the 7th, but would love to move in mid NOV. thanks and good luck.
Probably the same places that a Black "non-gangster" American should not move to, or non-gangster types of any ethnicity.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr. John View Post
Actually, there have been things said about the attacks: //www.city-data.com/forum/milwa...lphia-too.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/milwa...roblems-7.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/milwa...ng-future.html

Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddock_laker View Post
I'm surprised how few people called racism on this bastard. You think white people don't live in bad neighborhoods? In your mind, does black neighborhood=bad neighborhood and white neighborhood=good neighborhood? Your whites-in-good-neighborhoods thing would be destroyed if you ever walked into a trailer park... just saying.
I agree that it's racist, but you have to understand that Milwaukee is one of the, if not THE, most segregated city in America. There is institutionalized racism like you wouldn't believe in Milwaukee. Many people won't rent out to people of color, so stereotypically, "bad" neighborhoods have a significantly large black population, where as the good neighborhoods are stereotypically white. Also, it's more difficult for blacks to get a job because of the racism, therefore economically it's more difficult to live in the more expensive "nicer" & "safer" neighborhoods.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laybabe821 View Post
I agree that it's racist, but you have to understand that Milwaukee is one of the, if not THE, most segregated city in America. There is institutionalized racism like you wouldn't believe in Milwaukee. Many people won't rent out to people of color, so stereotypically, "bad" neighborhoods have a significantly large black population, where as the good neighborhoods are stereotypically white. Also, it's more difficult for blacks to get a job because of the racism, therefore economically it's more difficult to live in the more expensive "nicer" & "safer" neighborhoods.
It's difficult for Blacks to get jobs in quite a few cities. It's happening in Pittsburgh too. The Black population in Pittsburgh has dropped faster than any other ethnicity in Pittsburgh. One trend I've been hearing about is that there has been a "Black brain drain" from Milwaukee. In short, the educated, the talented, and professional Blacks have been leaving Milwaukee.

Strategies to stem the black 'brain drain' - Milwaukee - The Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee