Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 AM

46 posts, read 161,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
Can't believe you miss Mall of America now that you are in Scottsdale. Check out Fashion Square and you'll find you can forget about MoA.
I actually still live in Minnesota, now. Got relatives that live in AZ, though. MOA did recently add a Burberry and Lacoste store several months ago btw in case you didn't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
When I lived in Minnesota I'd hear the same chanting going on every Spring: This is my very last winter! I can't take another winter here!

When I lived in Phoenix, I'd hear the same chanting going on every Fall:
This is my very last summer! I can't take another summer here!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM

77 posts, read 296,990 times
Question 1. Where in minnesota do you live now?
Twin cities, Southern, Mn

Question 2. Where do you want to move to, and why?
Phoenix, Az- Weather, Beauty, friends, closer to ocean, cheaper housing, more to do.

Question 3. Why do you want to leave minnesota?
Weather, Minnesota nice, lack of open mindness and acceptance.

Question 4. What will you miss most about minnesota?
The MOA and few restaurants.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM

58 posts, read 83,463 times
1. Lakeville

2. Memphis Tennesee, (actually Collierville)
I have family there, warmer weather 10 months out of the year. Memphis Bar-B-Que and sweet tea. Nicer people. I have a job offer there.

3. Too cold 9 months out of the year, either it is snowing, raining, or windy. Can't go out for long periods of time. Too Liberal politically. Taxes. No income tax in Tennesee.

4. Nothing

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 AM

93 posts, read 367,577 times
And a survey for those that already left minnesota...

Question 1. Where did you live in minnesota?

I was born and raised in Eagan, MN, went to college in Winona, MN, spend 23 years in MN

Question 2. Where did you move to? and why?

I moved to downtown Chicago. After 9 months of trying to find a job for after graduation and finding nothinng in MN, I found a nice job for a fortune 500 company. I also wasn't very happy with the 20's singles crowd and found myself bored out of my mind.

Question 3. What do you miss most about minnesota?

My family, that's about it.

Question 4. What do you miss the least?
The people. Chicago is a very active environment, there's many people who are willing to meet new people and become friends and engage in common interests with others than Minnesota's environment for someone my age.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM

25 posts, read 55,208 times
Default I'm outta here!

Question 1. Where in minnesota do you live now? I live in the northern metro--Coon Rapids/Anoka to be specific. Work in Andover.

Question 2. Where do you want to move to, and why? I want to move to Arizona. First, because I HATE the snow. Second, I hate mosquitos. Third, I hate humidity. Fourth, I want to spend more than 2 months each year outside. Fifth, people here are RUDE. Sixth, I need to move far, far away from my ex and Phoenix is as far west as I will go.

Question 3. Why do you want to leave minnesota? These are the same reasons as posted above.

Question 4. What will you miss most about minnesota? I will miss my wonderful boss. And fall. But that is about it.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM

27 posts, read 107,961 times
Question 1. Where in minnesota do you live now? Hopkins, Mn

Question 2. Where do you want to move to, and why? Hawaii, Florida, California, anywhere with an ocean. I can't stand being in the middle of the country and paying an arm and a leg to see water that isn't dirt brown with lilly pads.

Question 3. Why do you want to leave minnesota? The winters, (hence my name) I would rather die of heat, then be stuck inside 6 months out of the year or freezing my @ss off. Minnesota should be used to store food 6 months out of the year, and nothing else. Free Freezers!

Question 4. What will you miss most about minnesota? Family, if I can't convince them to come with me. Other than that, spring and fall is really beautiful here (when it's still warm)

Old 08-15-2009, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,592 times
Question 1. Where in minnesota do you live now? Fridley/Northeast MPLS. Question 2. Where do you want to move to, and why? New Orleans, Nashville, Biloxi, or Memphis. Because they seem more diverse and I think I would fit in better in thos areas... and I have family in New Orleans and Nashville... Question 3. Why do you want to leave minnesota? Cold winters, people are kind of rude... and me being bi-racial, I feel a little uncomfortable in some suburbs... Question 4. What will you miss most about minnesota? FAMILY, Downtown MPLS, M.O.A

Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 AM

27 posts, read 98,482 times

Eden Prairie for 6 of the 10 years we lived there (also, Brooklyn Park, Cannon Falls, and Rogers)

Grand Rapids, MI. To be closer to family, downsize to a smaller metro, and escape the weather (humidity, tornadoes, arctic cold)

My wife and I don't really shop for more than food and, for her, fabric and yarn. However, you take for granted all of the little things you have access to with a bigger metro. The farmers market here is nice, but its not as good as the ones in Minneapolis. The nearest Trader Joe's is almost 2 hours away.

Also, the economy in Minneapolis is nicely diversified and fairly resilient. As a computer programmer, moving from the twin cities with it's plethora of big companies to a much smaller market has been a bit of a blow.

While we're closer to family now, and that has been nice, we had to leave our friends behind.

Driving to the north shore on a warm fall day.

The abundance of cold coupled with the lack of snow. Tornado sirens. Late February.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 PM

3 posts, read 14,481 times

30+ yrs in St Paul

Hot as heck Las Vegas. Moved to be near my fiance (he had the better job until now, darn economy)

Where do I start. The milder summers (112 degrees are you kidding me!?!; I thought I could hang, but nope), rain, snow (never though I'd miss it but man do I ever), family, green plant life ... well just about everything.

Mosquitos, below zero temps, ice.

Thankfully I won't be missing anything for much longer (I can tolorate the #4 things too). We are moving back to MN just in time for the Fair (Pronto Pups & mini doughnuts here I come; serious craving here). Little did I know I had traded cold weather for cold people. I've politely said 'hi' to people here as I did all the time in MN and all I get is a look of 'who do you think you're talking to.' This town is just too transient to feel 'homey' for me. People in Minne are always polite, helpful, and welcoming. I've never had a rude experience anywhere in MN (suburbs included) and neither has my fiance (he's Mexican). Anyway I'm off topic and will stop now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul