Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,388,267 times

Advertisements

Best thing to do in photobucket for picture size.

For each photo, there should be an "edit" option. When you double click on it the photo will come up and on the top there is a "resize" button. From there, it will give you 4 or so sizing options that work best for different uses ie message boards, email, etc.

Nice house by the way.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:38 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,719 times
[quote=MoNative34;1292799]Best thing to do in photobucket for picture size.

For each photo, there should be an "edit" option. When you double click on it the photo will come up and on the top there is a "resize" button. From there, it will give you 4 or so sizing options that work best for different uses ie message boards, email, etc.

Nice house by the way.[/QUOT

Thanks! I feel bad leaving such large photos. I,ll get that fixed ya,all.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:58 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
This is our new home on Lake of the Ozarks...we'll be flying in this month to sadlyclose her up for the winter. It doesn't look like we'll be getting back there until we move in March...the last picture is my new "purse"....that's our little dog with her life jacket on!!

O.Nana
Awww! Poor OzarkNana! The good news is that you'll have all winter to pack all your stuff and get rid of as much as possible! You're gonna need something to do to keep from pining away for your new MO home!
http://www.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/8/9/2/small/298015.jpg (broken link)

By the way, I think that life jacket is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! I just love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Here's some of bentaxle's home.

My husband and I built all the decks ourselves. Family project.
Sorry if these come out big. I don't know how to make them smaller.
Awesome, bent! We're gonna have to build some decks here eventually and I sure wish we knew more about doing that! My husband is very handy but isn't a builder type. He is getting some ideas from HGTV, though. What a beautiful place you have! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:38 PM

Thanks Nan,
We did,nt know how to build decks either. My husband found a web site you may or may not have heard of. Deckplans.com. THey offer free basic deck plans and some you can pay for that or more elaborate. THey also show you how to build stairs, hand rails and other things. We strayed a little from the plans to make it more of our own, but the plans helped a whole lot. Easy to follow. Check it out.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:24 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Thanks Nan,
We did,nt know how to build decks either. My husband found a web site you may or may not have heard of. Deckplans.com. THey offer free basic deck plans and some you can pay for that or more elaborate. THey also show you how to build stairs, hand rails and other things. We strayed a little from the plans to make it more of our own, but the plans helped a whole lot. Easy to follow. Check it out.
Oh, my gosh! That is the coolest site, crew!
I just went there and can hardly wait for my husband to see it!
Thanks for the tip!
http://individual.utoronto.ca/daniel_isaac/smiley-thumbsup.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 PM

You are quite welcome!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 PM

46 posts, read 236,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
I was thinking it would be great if we could post up some pics for everyone to see. I plan on adding more in this thread as time goes by and I sure hope many folks here do the same. I think it is human nature to want to see where people live and their surrounding areas (did I just say we are nosey? ) and I know there are some beautiful places here in MO that many would like to see you share. Whip out the camera everyone and let's see pics of your neck of the woods!

Here is a view looking slightly southeast of our neighborhood:

Here is the front of our home:

Backyard view:

I'm looking forward to any and all pictures that ya'll are willing to share!
Hey jammer i see that you dont have a propane tank outback. is it buried? or whatcha got?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbone View Post
Hey jammer i see that you dont have a propane tank outback. is it buried? or whatcha got?
yepper she be buried...all of the houses in this particular subdivision must bury their tanks. It surely does look much MO better that way

Old 08-21-2007, 09:16 PM

46 posts, read 236,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
yepper she be buried...all of the houses in this particular subdivision must bury their tanks. It surely does look much MO better that way
does look much MO better that way. the soil around your parts must be very diggable than down around the branson area.

Last edited by cyberbone; 08-21-2007 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-22-2007, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,715 times
Hi everyone,

I've spent a lot of time researching on line and reading posts about MO. Thanks for sharing lots of info, especially the picts. Might actually have a job opportunity S. of Springfield. I would love to live in a greener place than my home state, but the idea of high humidity, tornadoes, skeeters n' chiggers are a big draw back. Are chiggers in all the grass and fields? Would I have to dress in long sleeves and slacks to avoid them?

Lots of people move to my area because of the climate. Reasons I'd consider leaving "home": Winter is too long, tired of snow and cold. Too dry here. Too much wind. Poor job market - haven't had a real job since 4/06.

There were many post/picts re: some snow, ice storms, high winds (tornadoes), and bugs in southern MO. What is the real inside story on these things and the humidity? Not sure if the trade off for green is worth it.

Love southern Oregon's coast - no jobs there either. Moss in the trees, ferns, huge rhododendron bushes, wild berry brambles and rose briers, beach and mountains, some rain, but not like Portland....

I'd love to live near a beach, in a much greener and moister climate where I don't have to work so hard to grow things outdoors. Beautiful scenery is a must. Want room around me, but not more than 1/2 hour to a town/city. I eat organic -what's available there? I'm a people person, love the outdoors -hiking, sports, camping, biking, etc.... Love sunny days w/ up to 1/5 to 1/3 overcast time ok. (Does this place exist?) How much of this (besides the beach) is not like southern MO? Don't want to relocate to somewhere I won't really enjoy living just to have a job.

Thanks for your in put,
Out_of_stater
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri