Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,550 times

Advertisements

oh that old store would make an adorable daycare lol or preschool!

My family is soo sick of hearing me say that .... they just dont have the vision i have ....

Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Talking Lovin' those pictures!

Great pics, 2b! I've got a bunch of 'em just like that...through the window as we raced down the road! Hahaha! They aren't worthy of a travel magazine but you captured your memories and that's what counts. One day, the negative part of your memories will be gone and you'll still have these pictures, which I'm sure you have a lot more of!

The church you saw is called James River Assembly of God. Here's my drive-by picture of it, which doesn't do it justice. I can't find my picture of the other side of it. It's like a Duracell Church...it just keeps going and going! Hahaha!

Another picture you have is of those rocks along the highway. I just LOVE those! Here's a picture that's pretty blurry but gets the idea across. It's another one of those drive-by pictures:

I've decided to share one more picture, while I'm at it. Believe it or not, it is of my favorite mailbox! Who knew you could have one of those?! Hahaha! It is in downtown Monett (pronounced "mow-net") and...well, let me just share the picture first:

How convenient is THAT?! Hahaha! Btw, the post office is on the left, off screen. I find it fascinating that it survives out in the middle of the street like that! Then again, I think my husband was able to just stop without pulling over so that I could take this. We had just come from having an ice cream at the Dairy Queen! Good times!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 AM

hey our post office here has 2 out in the street just like that ......

I should take pics of my town and post ... its a interesting little farm town .. near the river but not on top of it.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:45 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post

I should take pics of my town and post ... its a interesting little farm town .. near the river but not on top of it.
Oh, yes! I'm sure we'd all love to see it! I know I would!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,552,468 times
Quote:
What if your mom drove with you with the girls to MO ..then flew from airport in Mo ... then you wouldn't have to travel so far alone!

I think i might be on your way ..your welcome to stop here !

I have never traveled by myself that far of distance.I am kinda nervous traveling alone but it would be easier that way. So I am still able to explore around Missouri without the kids if it works out that way. Depends when my movers show up at my house. They are giving me a time frame for delivering to my new home from 9/9-9/17 but still looking for a place to live right now as we speak.

Wow we actually got some nice people in here. That is so sweet of you to offer but I won't be able to really visit much. Where are you at?

Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
another victim of Wal Mart's dominance....

I would love to know the history behind ole Ben Turner's Store
I really like that place. Yes it would be a great place to start a daycare but it might be a tad small but what is nice about that you can still have your business while you expand the building. What would be great to have a huge in door play area because of the heat and it snows. I like your imagination!

Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:

I love that kind of stuff. The mail box in the middle of the road. What a great picture. Yes 2be I would love to see your picture too.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Karey Im right outside of St. Louis .. 4 hours aprox from your destination point!

your mom could go to st. louis Airport ... then you would only have 4 hour drive alone ..maybe less! I sure hope you have a cell phone .. make sure your route is covered as far as your cell phone too! .. If you dont have one hun please go get ya one of those that are at Walmart you can get with minutes for like $30 or so ... yes there is one for 14.95 but the minutes are higher I was pricing it for a teenager! lol The one around $30 has 300 minutes I believe.

So your leaving soon Im trying to talk my dh into going for our anniversary - I think we need to reconnect without our kids around kwim!!??!! Sep 1 = 20 years

Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Oh my daycare is Barnyard Kidz Daycare lol I liked the front porch made me think of an old barn building!!
I could so see it expanded and lowered windows with window seats for small children to sit in .... oh I have big ideas and I really think my dh just tunes me out now!
Just like I tune him out with his .. "I'm going to be a hay farmer" talk.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Karey Im right outside of St. Louis .. 4 hours aprox from your destination point!

your mom could go to st. louis Airport ... then you would only have 4 hour drive alone ..maybe less! I sure hope you have a cell phone .. make sure your route is covered as far as your cell phone too! .. If you dont have one hun please go get ya one of those that are at Walmart you can get with minutes for like $30 or so ... yes there is one for 14.95 but the minutes are higher I was pricing it for a teenager! lol The one around $30 has 300 minutes I believe.

So your leaving soon Im trying to talk my dh into going for our anniversary - I think we need to reconnect without our kids around kwim!!??!! Sep 1 = 20 years
2be I got them cell phones. I can't live without it.
Yes I might pass through St.Louis. I am thinking about starting from the bottom of Missouri if the movers ain't gonna be there until the 17th so I can explore 4 to 5 days. I am I crazy... Don't got the kiddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri