Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,552,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Does Arkansas count
Whew what fun car ride!!!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,278 times
Quote:
Does Arkansas count
Sure it does!!! The more the merrier.

That's a beautiful scene!!! Alot like what I've seen here in MO. I'm tellin' ya folks...ya just don't see much of that in CA...nope, ya sure don't.

Janet Bezz, That scene is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!!! The dear lord was smilin' down on you the day you found that. The peace, serenity, sounds....I think I'm on board with the rest of the gang...let me get my lawn chairs and wine coolers, and I'm there!!! You must have to pinch yourself everyday when you see that...and know it's yours. I'm so glad your dream is coming true! Thank you for sharing.

2bamissourian, I'm with MrsG & Kareybear...Count Me IN!!! You ain't gotta tell me twice! LOL If there are cookies, I'm all over it! Now.....what is a cookie exchange?? hehehehehe

***thinking brown hair turning blonde???***

Boof

Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Quote:
Does Arkansas count
Yes! Good one, adysmom! Whereabouts in AR?

Old 07-07-2007, 05:46 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,654 times
Thumbs up Cookies & Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
Sure it does!!! The more the merrier.

That's a beautiful scene!!! Alot like what I've seen here in MO. I'm tellin' ya folks...ya just don't see much of that in CA...nope, ya sure don't.

Janet Bezz, That scene is ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!!! The dear lord was smilin' down on you the day you found that. The peace, serenity, sounds....I think I'm on board with the rest of the gang...let me get my lawn chairs and wine coolers, and I'm there!!! You must have to pinch yourself everyday when you see that...and know it's yours. I'm so glad your dream is coming true! Thank you for sharing.

2bamissourian, I'm with MrsG & Kareybear...Count Me IN!!! You ain't gotta tell me twice! LOL If there are cookies, I'm all over it! Now.....what is a cookie exchange?? hehehehehe

***thinking brown hair turning blonde???***

Boof
Thanks, Boof. The Good Lord has smiled on me and I hope someday to figure out why...
A cookie exchange is where some folks, say 10...all make 10 batches of cookies and then get together (there's usually libation involved somewhere) and everybody gets away with 10 different kinds of cookies!
(It usually involved a party of some sort...oh by the way I'm in...)

Old 07-07-2007, 10:01 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,657,870 times
OK, OK, Although I want out of California, and it is overrun with people, most of them are to lazy to get out and see this

Old 07-07-2007, 10:03 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,552,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
OK, OK, Although I want out of California, and it is overrun with people, most of them are to lazy to get out and see this

Hey Cali BassMan what lake is that? It sure is pretty.

Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,657,870 times
It's a small lake that you can only see by hiking to it, it's called Cascade Lake, where we took the picture from, we are actually standing on top of the waterfall that feed the lake... The big lake in the background I'm sure you have heard of, that Lake Tahoe.. The little strip of land between the two lakes has a busy hiway and most folks are just buzy to stop and look around...

Old 07-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
It's a small lake that you can only see by hiking to it, it's called Cascade Lake, where we took the picture from, we are actually standing on top of the waterfall that feed the lake... The big lake in the background I'm sure you have heard of, that Lake Tahoe.. The little strip of land between the two lakes has a busy hiway and most folks are just buzy to stop and look around...
It IS beautiful, isn't it? I'm not able to hike so even if we were there...and HAD time, I couldn't see it...that makes your photo even more valuable!

You're absolutely right, BassMan. Most folks are just too busy to stop and look around. I used to think that was especially a CA thing...or big city thing...but alas, I've found it happens all over. I'm not saying it's universal or anything...but my husband and I have talked about how we thought people would be slower here (No! Not in intelligence! ) but, by and large, they're not. While I believe there is a higher percentage of people who are slowing down to smell the roses, so to speak, my experience has been that there are still too many people in a hurry...whether it's on the road or in the stores.

I think it's a sign of the times...but I also think it's changing...at least I hope it is.

A lot of people in this group are a part of a movement back towards a simpler life, I think. Back to family values and priorities, hoping to find a place where a man's word and a handshake on a deal means something, where we can take time to breath deeply and rest from our work and to enjoy our loved ones' company. Isn't that the dream? Well, I'm probably wrong to group everyone into what is essentially MY dream but I'm betting there are a few of you who share that dream.

>-l Here's to sweet dreams and answers to prayers!

MrsG

Old 07-07-2007, 04:01 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,278 times
BassMan, That's just beautiful!!! I've been to Lake Tahoe many times, and always thought it had a rare ability to draw people to it. Beautiful shot too, btw...that'd make a great magazine photo. Thank you so much for sharing...now that's the beauty I think Da Jammer would really like!!! Wouldn't ya Jams???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
It IS beautiful, isn't it? I'm not able to hike so even if we were there...and HAD time, I couldn't see it...that makes your photo even more valuable!

You're absolutely right, BassMan. Most folks are just too busy to stop and look around. I used to think that was especially a CA thing...or big city thing...but alas, I've found it happens all over. I'm not saying it's universal or anything...but my husband and I have talked about how we thought people would be slower here (No! Not in intelligence! ) but, by and large, they're not. While I believe there is a higher percentage of people who are slowing down to smell the roses, so to speak, my experience has been that there are still too many people in a hurry...whether it's on the road or in the stores.

I think it's a sign of the times...but I also think it's changing...at least I hope it is.

A lot of people in this group are a part of a movement back towards a simpler life, I think. Back to family values and priorities, hoping to find a place where a man's word and a handshake on a deal means something, where we can take time to breath deeply and rest from our work and to enjoy our loved ones' company. Isn't that the dream? Well, I'm probably wrong to group everyone into what is essentially MY dream but I'm betting there are a few of you who share that dream.

>-l Here's to sweet dreams and answers to prayers!

MrsG

MrsG, you really hit home with that last paragraph!!! ^^^5 And darlin'...I'd say you've won the bet!!! Count me in on that dream too...and like a good girl....I'll bring my own pillow too.

Boof

Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
BassMan, That's just beautiful!!! I've been to Lake Tahoe many times, and always thought it had a rare ability to draw people to it. Beautiful shot too, btw...that'd make a great magazine photo. Thank you so much for sharing...now that's the beauty I think Da Jammer would really like!!! Wouldn't ya Jams???

MrsG, you really hit home with that last paragraph!!! ^^^5 And darlin'...I'd say you've won the bet!!! Count me in on that dream too...and like a good girl....I'll bring my own pillow too.

Boof
Jams? Are ya there, Jams?

Well, Boof, we'll have to make up a new song called Missouri Dreamin' instead of California Dreamin', huh?
Sounds like a slumber party's in the works!!!

Okay...I've just gotta ask...what in the world does "Boof" stand for???

MrsG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri