Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:22 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,809 times

Advertisements

Mrs G I have thought of childrens books.... I sort of put it on the back burner and put it in my dream land la la place ya know!

Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,552,827 times
Janet Bezz Your house is not crazy. It is beautiful and what a scenery. I am sooooooo Jealous.

Originally Posted by Boof
Ok, I had to come back and edit this post. Kareybear, It looks like we were writing posts at the same time. You've got a very nice home, in a Beautiful setting. The ocean is stunning!!! Looking at the family running in the sand.....sure looks like a different kind of paradise to me!!! And no, it might not be Missouri....but it shows the beauty of NC pretty darn well!!! In CA, you can't TOUCH ocean front property for under $600K. I'd say you're doin' Alright!!! Thanks for sharing!

Your right!I am original from California I couldn never afford a beach property.I moved out of California to have a home of my own. Here I am five blocks away from the beach. My kids and I rides our bike to the beach often and it is never crowded. Although the local says this beach is crowded Oh please! But unfortually I bought this house at a overspeculated peak market price at $235,000 but since the market dropped you can buy my house drummmmmm rolllllllllll please dra dra dra $130,000. Ouch!!!! I lost a lot of money on this home and house payment is killing me. So I am walking away from it and moving to Missouri. IF big IF I ever get a place to rent and a mover willing to move my junk

Old 07-03-2007, 02:46 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,384,031 times
Careybear...you never know what will happen with real estate, but it can be "gotten" again! I've started over more than once! Missouri is a great place to start...like I say, "guts & good credit" (mostly guts...)

And thanks for the nice words about my crazy house...I'm thanking God every day that I have it...

Old 07-03-2007, 03:20 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,362 times
Thumbs up Janet, What A House!!!

Janet,
That is one beautiful home you have there!!! The architecture is unique, and I love the Living Room....WHAT A VIEW!!! That is to die for. Between You & Kareybear, I'm thinkin' my eyes are turnin' a little green. hehehe I'm so happy you shared with us.

MrsG...ok, I'm not gonna mince words anymore....YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!! There, I said it!!! No 'Takesies Backsies'!!! I feel much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy
No lashing from ME, Boof! Hahaha! Just working on controlling my coveting! YIKES! Your new home-to-be is STUNNING! Just think...you used to have to go to SLEEP to see it (dreams...get it?) and SOON, it will be YOURS! Funny how I'VE had those same dreams! You're gonna HAVE to have a party and invite us all!
Thank you for not getting out the 'wet noodle'. Whew! Yes, I STILL have to remind myself that this isn't a dream anymore. Everytime I look at pictures of it I have to remind myself it's ours...well, in 7 days it is. I'm glad you like it too. Thank you for sharing my dream with me....but next time...get your own pillow!!! As for the party...I'll submit my request to the VP in charge of Entertainment and see what he says.

As far as the mower goes...do you really think the salesmen are just trying to get us to spend more than we need to?" We've gone to about 5 different places, and they've all said the same thing basically, which is: If you have to mow over 3 Acres, it's best to get a mower rated for 'Heavy Residential/Commercial' use. Actually, maybe that question is best left for a different thread?

Anyhoo, thank you for being such a BRIGHT light in my day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear
But unfortually I bought this house at a overspeculated peak market price at $235,000 but since the market dropped you can buy my house drummmmmm rolllllllllll please dra dra dra $130,000. Ouch!!!! I lost a lot of money on this home and house payment is killing me. So I am walking away from it and moving to Missouri. IF big IF I ever get a place to rent and a mover willing to move my junk
Kareybear, that's just more abuse than anyone should have to tolerate!!! I agree, you need to come to MO and join the 'cool' crowd. You are a CA Girl, after all. I'll be praying that you find a mover & rental. Let me know if I can be of any help...feel free to PM if you want.

Talk to Ya'll Later,
Boof

Old 07-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
here is one of our homes pictures
//www.city-data.com/forum/class...-illinois.html

and I added some ..
I dont know how to do the pics ..just the links like this. sorry
Very nice pix!!! Now that's whatchya call Home On The Range!!! Your property just seems to go on & on & on....That's awesome. No wonder you've got that big red tractor! And here I thought we had alot to mow. LOL Beautiful property, 2b! It must be very difficult to leave something as nice as that! Thanks for sharing...I'm just lovin' all these pix!!!

C'mon you shy ones out there....jump in and join the fun!!!!

Boof

Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
Very nice pix!!! Now that's whatchya call Home On The Range!!! Your property just seems to go on & on & on....That's awesome. No wonder you've got that big red tractor! And here I thought we had alot to mow. LOL Beautiful property, 2b! It must be very difficult to leave something as nice as that! Thanks for sharing...I'm just lovin' all these pix!!!

C'mon you shy ones out there....jump in and join the fun!!!!

Boof
Remember Im in Illinois land of crooked politicians!!! Taxes are horrible here!!!

a home about 1500 sq foot on a in town lot will run you 4000 and up on taxes!
This was my husbands family farm ... ... somethings are hard to think about leaving ........... but the future looks bright in Mo. we have to do what is best for our selves, our kids, and our grandchildren ya know! Our taxes are usually due now but guess what ..............they are making last minute adjustments to them ... so we dont have tax bills and we dont have a clue what theya re going to be ..they built 2 new schools here that were both VOTED NO to .... and we the people shall pay for it!
Plus there is a new highway that may or may not come very close to us ............. I like my quiet country life hearing my cows and pigs and chickens .. I sure dont want to hear semis , and cars racing down a highway!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:25 PM

oh we have a big red tractor, big green dump dumb tractor (my grandsons call it the John deere t hat broke down.... I call it the john deere that broke pa pa piggy bank) hubby mowes with one of the no turns or something but he mowes down by the pond with his big mower ... we have deer plots and trails going through the woods as well.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
oh we have a big red tractor, big green dump dumb tractor (my grandsons call it the John deere t hat broke down.... I call it the john deere that broke pa pa piggy bank) hubby mowes with one of the no turns or something but he mowes down by the pond with his big mower ... we have deer plots and trails going through the woods as well.
Wow, them taxes are a real back breaker, aren't they??? I can understand how that would become burdensome. Especially with the new schools & roads coming in. We had taxes like that in CA, and they'd raise property taxes by AT LEAST $1500/yr. We were lucky tho, our house was built before the tax was approved. Whew! And I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to stick around for them to ruin your beautiful, serene countryside. Ahhh, the price of progress, huh?

Sounds like your hubby has a tractor for every occasion. We're looking at getting a Zero Turn Radius mower too. Now if we could just find that rich uncle that's been hiding out. LOL No wonder it broke Papa's piggy bank. Hopefully Missouri will let you find the freedom & peace you seek. Best of luck to you & your family.

Boof

Old 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM

thanks boof -
We purchased a 2nd hand zero turn thingy .. hubby traded in our ridding mower and a tiller for it and some $$ ....... before it would take him about 3 hours to mow our yard just by the house now its about 1 hour.

Oh they are redoing all the tax property here ........... it doesnt matter if you built before or after or during your property is getting adjusted!

rich uncle must live in Illinois ........... tell me his name Ill look for him for ya lol!

Life is about living - thats what were hoping for in Mo.

Again-
Thanks

Old 07-03-2007, 06:21 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,909,425 times
I recently moved from Missouri and have finally got around to sorting my pics to my new photo album...I absolutely loved Missouri for it's beautiful landscapes with rolling hills and bluffs. Along with the many scenic areas...here are a few from one of my favorite places:

Meramec Spring---just outside of Rolla/St.James area

There is a bench just off the frame of this pic, and I could sit there all day just listening to the water rushing through the Spring....

http://carolann63.smugmug.com/photos/169243219-M.jpg (broken link)

Wildlife at Meramec...

http://carolann63.smugmug.com/photos/148590744-M-1.jpg (broken link)

Beautiful Spring at Meramec...the water is actually that beautiful blue/green color...

http://carolann63.smugmug.com/photos/148584381-L.jpg (broken link)
http://carolann63.smugmug.com/photos/169243236-L.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri