Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:37 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,947 times

Advertisements

Cali BassMan I feel your pain! It seems it wasn't all that long ago we were all squished with people living right on top of us!! I will wait for awhile to post a pic of what it looks like when i gaze out one of my windows in deference to your particularly agonizing situation.

here is a pic of our last house in so CA

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/hfront.jpg (broken link)

the back yard

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/hrear.jpg (broken link)

and an overhead shot

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n231/jammer_this/oldneighborhood.jpg (broken link)

Sadly no matter how hard I worked to keep our house looking nice many of our neighbors just didn't care about their homes. I finally got sick of living right on top of other people and that was the main reason we packed up and jammered! Those houses are typical of so CA tract homes, built right on top of each other literally within 10 feet of the neighbor's side wall. There were some homes in our neighborhood where you could look out the master bathroom window directly into the next door bathroom window. Nice. A coupla things you might notice, we did NOT have a swimming pool and nearly everyone else does. That's why I was in the pool business for so many years out there!

I'll see if I can answer a few questions about the MO jammer pad. First off it took us two months and looking at probably 50 houses before we came back and bought one of the first ones we looked at. Those that claim it's us CA people driving the cost of housing up all over the country are very mistaken BTW. We found out that they play hardball here and don't like to budge on their asking prices. It seems as though many sellers out here did not get the memo that the market has gone a tad soft and the buyers are actually in the driver's seat. Maybe that is why some of the ones we looked at eight months ago are still on the market! The asking price for our home was 289,000 when we first looked at it. Kinda high I told the builder since the frikkin basement (1/2 of the advertised square footage) was unfinished. He said he would finish it up for 20 large and that is just the way it's done out here. I told him bye bye. Long story short we looked at a bunch of houses but none really worked for us like this one. Well we got a call one day that the builder was willing to finish the basement for the asking price if we were solid buyers. (I also knew he was up against a construction loan that was about to be called due) We went back out and drew up how we wanted the basement finished. A month later it was a done deal. $289,000 for a 4000 sq. ft. 5 bedroom 3 bath house on three acres in a pretty cool area. We have septic and are on a shared well (our water bill in CA would run a good 80-90 bones a month...here it's 10 bucks a month to pay for the power to the pump). The electric is provided by White river co-op and our bill is 1/4 what it was in so CA and this place is 1100 sq.ft. larger! Our closest neighbor that we will ever have is at least 100 yards away on both sides and to the rear. Some day there will be a house across the road but it too is on a three acre lot so that won't be a problem. A house this size with this amount of land would easily run a million bucks or more where we moved from ....at that is just in utility bills!

Very nice pics MrsG but I had to cobble all five of my computer monitors together to see them in all of their splendid glory!!

Old 07-01-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Bezz View Post
Is there a step by step help for inserting photos here?
I'm not old and I'm not stupid but I can't seem to get it done.
one way:

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/8...res-posts.html

what I do is upload all of my pics to photobucket dot com then copy and paste the "img code" under the pictures I want to post here.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,654 times
Default Still trying...

...to show a recent photo of my back yard.
This doesn't seem to be working the way it's supposed to!

Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,941,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry my pictures are so BIG!!! YIKES! Now, I have to scroll to read the rest of your posts! Sorry, everyone!

Oh, and I have to say thanks to NOLA2SGF for helping me on my way to figuring out how to upload the pictures! Whenever I share my photo albums, I usually upload them to either Webshots, Weather Underground or Kodak Gallery so they won't be too big and they won't take up a lot of space in people's inboxes. It's just easier but I wanted to "follow suit" here and do as we were asked.

DaJammer, your pics are awesome and your home is absolutely beautiful! Yep! You scored!

NOLA2SGF, your house looks like it has that quaint Louisiana style. I've always found it amazing how different things look there! Pretty flowers, too! Are those iris?
Thank you! They are called canna, and I think they are related to iris. I really love my house, though I would love it even more if it had a garage. Oh well! If/when I move to Springfield, I'll find a house with an attached garage.

I am sorry if my directions caused your pictures to be too large! I didn't mean to do that.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:00 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Question Edit and delete questions...

Hey! If I can upload those pics in their smaller version by linking from another site, can I delete those pics in my earlier post? I don't see a way to edit my post or I'd do it within it! I thought I had seen that as an option before! I don't see a way to delete it, either. Hmmm...

Hey, don't feel bad NOLA2SGF! You were trying to help and couldn't have known! So those flowers are called canna, huh? Are they bigger than iris?

Old 07-01-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hey! If I can upload those pics in their smaller version by linking from another site, can I delete those pics in my earlier post? I don't see a way to edit my post or I'd do it within it! I thought I had seen that as an option before! I don't see a way to delete it, either. Hmmm...

Hey, don't feel bad NOLA2SGF! You were trying to help and couldn't have known! So those flowers are called canna, huh? Are they bigger than iris?
we only have 90 minutes after making a post to edit it. After that the option disappears and we gotta track down a mod to do it. I say leave em just like they are! I love the one with the fisherman

Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,150 times
Thanks, jammer! I was just thinking about tracking one of those moderators down. I saw the edit option right after posting that last one and realized that there must be a time limit. Bummer. Oh, well...live and learn, huh? Especially with a little help from my friends!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:54 AM

Smile Pics of My Missouri...

I'll do better next time...
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures! I've done my part so let's see yours!-dscn1363-small-.jpg  

Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Thanks Jammer...you rock!

My favorite part of Missouri...my back yard.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Default One more time...

Finally. Not as beautiful as Jammer's pics but they're mine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri