Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 05:27 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,062,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m15A2fwtnc View Post
I wish I could figure out what happened the other night. It was almost 9pm and I looked out a window in the back of the house and there was a weird orangish glow going on outside. I'm thinking WTH(eck) ?? It should be dark as the sun went down awhile ago. So I go out front and it looks like the sun is at high noon behind all of these clouds. I have no clue what this was all about but I took this pic of the cloud formation from my front yard. Again, this was almost 9 o'clock in the evening but it was light as day outside!

this was taken looking due south...
da jammer man, that is very

Found something similar here:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0803/fs20...6sunset_02.jpg

How long did that last?

Nature is so durn amazing...

Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 AM

40 posts, read 207,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I went through the NEXT version of the pics .. nice shots ..beautiful area.

How often does it hit - 8 around you?

Your area looks similar to my area that I live at now. Our taxes are ridiculous and they have put a HOLD on our tax bills this year (should of been paid already) because they have not decided how much the taxing factor is going to be for certain things. I live in the LAND of the Organized Political Criminals!

We moved 1 of our tractors before ..cost us aprox $600 to movie it ...
If you move are you going to move your green toy?

Upstate it will hit the minus mark every winter, and the cold season lasts too long. Long Island winters (our full-time residence) are milder, but will hit the minus marks some winters.

LI has worse drawbacks, such as high prices for everything, people and traffic up the gazoo...and they just about tax you for breathing around here.

"Property taxes" is a four letter word in our house. New York, and especially Long Island has some of the highest in the nation. And our Upstate place is comparably high, percentage wise.

No, we would have to leave our old Oliver behind...not to mention many other neat old garden tractors, and such....

But, we will surely pick up another old tractor in MO!

Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,656,546 times
Thumbs up My cool weather friend! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I keep the thermostat inside my house at 65F in the winter and it does not feel cold to me at all. The winter temperatures are not that cold at all in the winter anymore with global warming. The temperatures close to the KC metro are even warmer because of the urban heat island. The only time I switch the indoor temperature to 70F is when it gets colder than 0F outside which does not happen that often at all according to my digital weather station.
That's interesting to me, Plains10. I find it fascinating that some people actually like it hot and others prefer the cold. My MIL just loves warm weather and whenever I visit her, I'm amazed at how warm her house is. She doesn't need much AC in summer and doesn't mind doing gardening in the heat. Oh, and she hates storms of all kinds. I am the opposite. I love cool weather and always get excited when it rains or snows.

I've never heard of an urban heat island and must admit that I hope I never experience one! Hahaha!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,809 times
I am scared to death to show my hubby the pic of the old tractor ........ LOL expecially if you sale selling ..... he might pack up and head in your direction.........
He found a JD and kept asking about it beating around the bush .. then I was sitting here one day and I heard a truck pull in and they were unloading it ...... yea talk about someone getting in the dog house!! .........especially since he did not look it over and we had to rebuild it all the way around and JD parts are not cheap!

Old 07-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Cool Did someone say, "Tractors"? Okay, get ready for pics!

Shhhhh! Since we're talkin' tractors, I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite pics. I won't tell your hubbies about them if you don't!

This was taken a year ago but I can't remember where in MO.
It was another of my drive-by photos, as you can see!
It made me want to buy a tractor and take up farming!
Hahaha! I call it, "Tractor for Sale or Rent".

I call this next one, "Must Be Lunch Time". Or is it supper?
Hmmm...sounds like a good title for another thread!
By the way, it was taken around FairGrove, MO.

So, I take it that ya'll don't think his tractor IS sexy, huh?

Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,809 times
lol something about a man working and getting sweaty and dirty ... now thats sexy lol .....

Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM

lol backatcha, girlfriend! shhhh!

Old 07-13-2007, 05:45 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,062,299 times
Tractors and sexy babes, reminds me of good beer from NM...

first

Old 07-13-2007, 07:28 PM

26,428 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
That's interesting to me, Plains10. I find it fascinating that some people actually like it hot and others prefer the cold. My MIL just loves warm weather and whenever I visit her, I'm amazed at how warm her house is. She doesn't need much AC in summer and doesn't mind doing gardening in the heat. Oh, and she hates storms of all kinds. I am the opposite. I love cool weather and always get excited when it rains or snows.

I've never heard of an urban heat island and must admit that I hope I never experience one! Hahaha!
The urban heat island effect is when the larger cities are warmer overall than the surrounding rural areas. This is because a large city tends to have more concrete and buildings compared with rural areas.
Urban heat island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-13-2007, 09:49 PM

Thumbs up Thank ya much, Plains! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
The urban heat island effect is when the larger cities are warmer overall than the surrounding rural areas. This is because a large city tends to have more concrete and buildings compared with rural areas.
Urban heat island - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks, Plains! It makes me think of how in the winter, whatever room we're in seems to stay warmer than the other rooms of the house. I've often wondered if our two 98.6 temps are actually able to have an effect on the temperature of the room. If so, would we call that a human room island?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri