Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times

Advertisements

your name says it all, LOCO! did you even watch that fight? if andreis punches didnt land then why was fedor all read and have some blood? the only reason that punch put him out was the fact AA jumped into it, flying knee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
Whats so funny is everyone says how Arlovski was dominating Fedor and Fedor got lucky with the KO. If you really watch that fight none of Arlovski's punches even landed. Plus, Fedor timed that punch there was no luck about it.
A lot of strikes landed, but fedor was able to deflect most of the energy away. Arlovski was controlling the fight.
No one is claiming that fedor reactions to arlovski dropping his hands was lucky, that was pure skill. The fact that arlovski decided to drop his guard was the lucky part.
I've watch the fight over and over, and fedor was in no real danger. He was very good at avoiding arlovski fast hands. But arlovski landed more hits, and was scoring more points. If arlovski had not drop his hands, and keep up the great work, he would have won by decision.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:38 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
Arlovski is an excellent fighter but has recently shown himself susceptible to explosions of power. Fedor's flying knee was only one example. Another would be Brett Rogers flurry of punches at the beginning of round one which knocked him out.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,865 times
The more I watch the show the more I am disliking Rampage and finding more respect for Rashad. It's just a bum deal for Rampage's guys, he just truly doesn't care to help them fulfill their dreams at becoming a UFC fighter. Some of the guys on his team have some real potential and this is the last shot for a few of them, but their abilities will never be seen because of the shotty coaching by Rampage. I don't really know what he's even doing on the show but acting a damn fool. I wish he'd have to spend more time on the A-team set and they would put another fighter in for him, he doesnt deserve to be a coach.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:10 PM

Rampage didn't get the a-team role until well after TUF was done taping

Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
agree - i'm doing a complete 180 on these guys and a lot of it has to do with this show

i do kind of feel bad for rampages guys - but i also think they may be getting in some more quality work than what the cameras show (i hope at least)

Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Rampage didn't get the a-team role until well after TUF was done taping
Yeah I see that now, I figured it was around the same time since he had backed out of fighting Rashad after the show is done, but it looks like he got the movie about 2 months after the The Ultimate Fighter Show was done which in turn meant he won't fight Rashad. Which would have been a great fight, I'd love to see Rashad put him on his ass.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
Yeah I see that now, I figured it was around the same time since he had backed out of fighting Rashad after the show is done, but it looks like he got the movie about 2 months after the The Ultimate Fighter Show was done which in turn meant he won't fight Rashad. Which would have been a great fight, I'd love to see Rashad put him on his ass.

I don't know about that....

Old 10-28-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
[/b]

I don't know about that....
i agree.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:21 PM

Well I guess we will never know since Rampage is now retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)