Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2022, 01:40 PM

899 posts, read 623,164 times

Advertisements

Well its about time. Rangeline Crossing is finally getting some apartments

A PUD/ZON/SUB has been applied to for an 835 Units Apartment Complex in Rangeline Crossing, Just behind the new Aldi's. Phase One would build out to 378 units and Phase Two would be 457 units. It will take up about 45 acres of land. It will feature two pools, two baskeball courts and some other amenities I can't see. It is absolutely huge, and well needed housing for the city and the area

Another ZON/SUB came out for 716 Dauphin Island Parkway. From B-3 to R-3, looks like a developer is wanting to turn the the Monastery into new housing
Attached Thumbnails
Mobile-Bay area Development and Projects-rangeline-crossing.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 03:13 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,891,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlandWave View Post
Well its about time. Rangeline Crossing is finally getting some apartments

A PUD/ZON/SUB has been applied to for an 835 Units Apartment Complex in Rangeline Crossing, Just behind the new Aldi's. Phase One would build out to 378 units and Phase Two would be 457 units. It will take up about 45 acres of land. It will feature two pools, two baskeball courts and some other amenities I can't see. It is absolutely huge, and well needed housing for the city and the area

Another ZON/SUB came out for 716 Dauphin Island Parkway. From B-3 to R-3, looks like a developer is wanting to turn the the Monastery into new housing

Wow... indeed a large development. 1,450 parking spaces at full buildout

Old 07-05-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
Wow... indeed a large development. 1,450 parking spaces at full buildout
This looks like an important project, they note that these apartments are intended to be connected to the rest of Rangeline Crossing so as to create a mixed-used environment. Those apartments will have walkable access to several amenities like a grocery store (Aldis), restaurants (Wataburger, Foosackley’s, Rock N Roll sushi) and even a coffee shop (Starbucks) without having to walk through grass or a major road

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the first time that developers are putting commercial and residential properties in suburbia with intention of simulating an urban environment in a suburb one (in Mobile). This will potentially become a new precedent for large business centers, like Bel Air, Cloverleaf Plaza, Springdale Mall etc (putting residential properties with commercial properties). I imagine we will see a near identical set up happen when the projects are destroyed on Michigan Avenue and redeveloped onto new commercial properties

Old 07-06-2022, 12:00 AM

265 posts, read 208,013 times
Quote:
This looks like an important project, they note that these apartments are intended to be connected to the rest of Rangeline Crossing so as to create a mixed-used environment. Those apartments will have walkable access to several amenities like a grocery store (Aldis), restaurants (Wataburger, Foosackley’s, Rock N Roll sushi) and even a coffee shop (Starbucks) without having to walk through grass or a major road

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the first time that developers are putting commercial and residential properties in suburbia with intention of simulating an urban environment in a suburb one (in Mobile). This will potentially become a new precedent for large business centers, like Bel Air, Cloverleaf Plaza, Springdale Mall etc (putting residential properties with commercial properties). I imagine we will see a near identical set up happen when the projects are destroyed on Michigan Avenue and redeveloped onto new commercial properties
I’m hoping this becomes the precedent with how to built large scale suburban redevelopment. I’m really surprised at how much space it’ll take up. I mean that’s nearly the rest of the rangeline crossing development

Old 07-06-2022, 07:54 AM

496 posts, read 472,785 times
I wouldn't say this is simulating an urban environment in a suburban area.... this is still a very suburban development and low density at 18 units per acre. But, it does have better pedestrian connectivity than most developments. Either way, it still looks awesome and should help transform that area given how large it is. It will most likely attract other developers. The amount of green space is incredible and I hope it is heavily landscaped.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggbry View Post
I’m hoping this becomes the precedent with how to built large scale suburban redevelopment. I’m really surprised at how much space it’ll take up. I mean that’s nearly the rest of the rangeline crossing development
Yup it take up an insane amount of space, I wish we could get more density out of it, but I suppose this is close enough, hopefully in the future, the city will allow much higher densities for projects like this

Old 07-06-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlb401 View Post
I wouldn't say this is simulating an urban environment in a suburban area.... this is still a very suburban development and low density at 18 units per acre. But, it does have better pedestrian connectivity than most developments. Either way, it still looks awesome and should help transform that area given how large it is. It will most likely attract other developers. The amount of green space is incredible and I hope it is heavily landscaped.
I hope it will be heavily landscaped, trees are gonna be key to the success of this mixed use complex

Old 07-12-2022, 01:05 PM

A "TopGolf USA MA, LLC" was established in Alabama this month. The other two entities for the two existing locations in the state are "TopGolf USA Birmingham, LLC" and "TopGolf USA Huntsville, LLC."

Old 07-12-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsky View Post
A "TopGolf USA MA, LLC" was established in Alabama this month. The other two entities for the two existing locations in the state are "TopGolf USA Birmingham, LLC" and "TopGolf USA Huntsville, LLC."
So is MA supposed to mean Mobile Alabama?

Old 07-12-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
So is MA supposed to mean Mobile Alabama?
Who knows.

Another tidbit: there was a Delaware entity under the same name filed in Delaware about the time of your CSS "data mining" in March when the Top Golf rumors started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area